Header bolts {keeping them tight?}

yea you can not see it but the crown has a small taper that locks the nut..

I raced AMA roadrace for 7years and the solution is simple. Use a hex cap screw and have a hole drilled or wire edm'd in one part of the cap. From there purchase stainless wire .032" safety wire, and wire tie the bolts per the instruction found in the 2008 WERA or AMA racing books. By doing this it will keep your bolts from backing out and you will not have to over tighten your exh. bolts risking pulling threads when at temp.

I have a daily drivin 600whp Honda civic with a top mount turbo manifold, and a buddy with Mitz. 4G63 GT42R 701whp @ 31psi that I had to do this too. Bike and auto stuff go hand and hand. And actually would hate to admit, I look to the auto guys for leading technical advancements. Just think about our Busa's with standalone EM and traction control with full data acq. for the street. It's coming...

I raced AMA roadrace for 7years and the solution is simple. Bike and auto stuff go hand and hand. And actually would hate to admit, I look to the auto guys for leading technical advancements. Just think about our Busa's with standalone EM and traction control with full data acq. for the street. It's coming...
already here lol
been testing and building it for a few months now
winkold.gif

CDHOROHO - what can you tell me, show me? Links or anything to share? Using Megasquirt for traction control, or just full data acq.?

Lock washers work great.
AMEN to lock washers!! I've used stainless lock washers and stainless header bolts on ALL my customers vehicles over the past 20 years. I've never had a bolt back off. I understand that turbo manifolds go through different heat cycles,......but a good lock washer will "bite" the metal and stay in place. Just my
2cents.gif
Now.......tighten those headers and let's RIDE!!

Back