ackrapovic header leak 06 busa

hayabusapower09

Registered
Ok i was wondering if anybody could help me , i just installed a full system from ackrapovic 4-2-1 and one of my headers is leaking, right where it goes into the flange bolted to the motor, you start to hear itas soon as the exhaust has gotten hot . I know everything is tight , and its strange how the pipes are held in the flange with springs , so does anybody know the best way to fix the leak. Ive seen some people use high temp rtv but i kinda hoped it would just fit and not leak with out going that route. any help would be appreciated . also does anybody have a good pc3 map for this exhaust b/c the ackra map on pc website doesnt seem to be worth a flip. ive just got the exhaust and removed pair no other mods thanks

Last edited:
Ultra Copper RTV is what you boys are looking for, put enough that it seeps out a bit and wipe it up right away.
For 4-cylinder, turbocharged or high-performance engines. The most advanced, high temperature RTV silicone gasket available. Sensor-safe, low odor, non-corrosive. Superior adhesion. Three times more oil resistant than conventional silicones; eight times more flexible than cut gaskets. Temperature range -75°F to 700°F intermittent; resists auto and shop fluids and vibration. By Permatex.

I can pull my header pipes out of the head flanges about 1/8" to 1/4" (on motor) fairly easy! Is this normal? Can the springs get weak over time? I bought this Akrapovic full system off EBAY and it is USED. All flange bolts are tight!:banghead:

my first quetion is did you replace the exhaust gaskets with new ones before installing the system?

I've actually had it were the pair valve block off plate was leaking and it sounded like it was coming from the header. Try to be sure its in fact the header that leaking. You may get lucky and it's only the block off plate.

was going to mention, it may be the pair valve block off plates that are leaking.

cool, gonna grab some ultra copper for my pair block off plates, just so it doesn't leak. don't want to dig in there again, lol.

Back