brocks exhaust, supposed to use header gaskets, correct?

hemi

Registered
installed my full system brocks street meg this week. Just re-used the original header copper gaskets. Was just reading this thread https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/131216-my-headers-look-ok-like.html
and it got me thinking for a second, you're supposed to use the header gaskets with the brocks headers right? Also, on one of my head pipe's the flange is just very slightly bent like in the pics, think this will hurt anything? So far doesn't sound like i have any leaks after about 200 miles on the system, think i should worry about it?

i just put a brocks alienhead on my 08 about 4 months ago and I had to use the stock header gaskets or the bolts will bottom out before they tighten anything up.

i'm pretty sure it was also in the instructions that came with the exhaust that you must use them along with some ultra copper sensor safe high temp rtv gasket maker to make sure its a good seal

hope this helps

did both of the above, using high temp gasket maker on the inside lips of the header pipes, and so far so good with leaks. Now i'm just worried about torqueing one of the bolts a little bit and the flange bent just a tad on the header, i guess it will be fine as long as it's not leaking now

Back