vance and hines header leak

bikerboy2182

Registered
just installed my V&H 4into2 header. one of my down pipes is leaking at the seem inthe the Hpipe. anyone else have any issues? also one of my slipons was too loose to snug down so i had to put some heat tape around the pipe. not very happy. waiting back on the email from the company. too much time and effort to install to be doing it all over again

Also have the V&H headers, luckily no issues. Best of luck.

P.S. Curious where your "leak" is? I attached a pic of mine for reference

100_3052.jpg

That sucks but my feelings are that any body's pipe can leak. Hope they can help you out without having too much trouble or a complete re-install.

well the fittings are so loose that without the springs the tubes fall out when i was dry fitting on the work bench. i know they are a slip fit but they shouldnt be sloppy

no word from the company yet. i always get screwed buying parts so i bet i end up welding this into a one piece header

I would not weld them. Those connections are there to relieve stress in the pipe from vibration, expansion, etc. I would wrap the pipe before i insert it into the header so it's tighter. I don't think you want to restrict movement. I could be wrong though.

i just thought of welding as teh stock pipe is one piece but i heard from the company last night and they want to make it right so i sent pics and waiting to see what they want to do.id wrap it but there is no room to do so.

Uh-oh. I have a set of these waiting to be installed. What make are your slip ons?

Maybe I should do a test fit before I try to install them.

Thanks for the heads up, I hope you get it resolved.

I have 2bros slipons but its not a slipon issue even though my slipons wouldn't clamp as tight as the stock header. Its the inside 2 down pipes on the header that are very sloppy.

I have 2bros slipons but its not a slipon issue even though my slipons wouldn't clamp as tight as the stock header. Its the inside 2 down pipes on the header that are very sloppy.

I understand where the leak is, I was just curious which slip-ons you had. Keep us posted and good luck. I will check the fit of mine before I install them, hopefully your problem is a one-off and can be resolved without having to remove the downpipes. Maybe they can be tweaked a bit on one end or the other.

I have yosh R77s, myself.

i dont think its the downpipes and hope i am correct. because they arnt flared at all so maybe the problem is the flare they added to the front of the hpipe. this is the first me or even the company is heard of the issue so hope its only me with the problem

Hope V&H does right.......

If not, I have an idea. Take the pipes to an exhaust shop. My friend had a cone shaped piece that you could place over the outside of the pipe and basically shrink it slightly. Or maybe they would have a die that you could slightly expand the inner pipe for a better fit?

welli thought about shrinking with a torch and a cold cloth IF theres no fix otherwise. or have them TIG welded all up completly. i thought about expanding but its such a little amount that if they expand too much then im buying new pipes so im not going that route. just gonna ride it today to see how it sounds and wait for V&H to get back with me again. they sounded appologetic and want to do right so time will tell

Yup already bent the lines in and wrapped in heat tape. I still don't understand why company's can't get products to fit without mods.

not quite yet. they did apologize and tell me to send pics to get this resolved. but yes i do have that as a backup plan. lol

Back