vance and hines header

j31driver

Registered
Just sold my 83 GS1100E and picked up a 07 Blue Hayabusa. Can anybody help me find the Vance and Hines header for the dual slip ons?

Just sold my 83 GS1100E and picked up a 07 Blue Hayabusa. Can anybody help me find the Vance and Hines header for the dual slip ons?

You'll have to use the V&H header that's made for the gen2/08-13 models.
Slipons will sliding muffler hangers will be easier to fit, as the gen1 and 2 passenger pegs aren't in exactly the same position.

I would like to fit r77 slip ons to that header. Are sliding muffler hangers hard to come by?

The R77s will work.
A member just posted his gen1 with them and the V&H header a few days ago too.
What I meant by sliding muffler hangers is that the strap/hanger that holds the muffler, and bolts it to the footpeg, can slide up and down the muffler. It's a seperate piece. Most slipon mufflers are made this way, but not all of them.
The R77s are though.
Where as something like a Brocks Alienhead has a hole drilled into a bracket that is welded to the muffler.
Therefore the whole muffler would have to be moved, or an extension made to mount it to the footpeg.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/vance-hines-performance-header-for-hayabusa-2008-2009?utm_source=product&kwd=&adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&gclid=CO7P2emx-7UCFUhgMgodN1UA2A

check motomummy for cans...

Back