vance and hines header leak

new header is one the way under warrantee. then said they brought a busa into the shop to test their jig on then the 6 headers they had in stock they double checked on the jig. said they all fit and ones on the way. lets hope this helps

no updates yet. now its too cold to deal with it and the company is closed from the holidays. im still waiting for my replacement. mine can be fixed but i dont want to do it. i have ideas how. they might go up for sale cheap after i get my new ones

Any updates on the headers? I am looking at purchasing a set in the next week or so. If you decide to sell the bad one, how much are you going to let it go for?

PM me but i have not recieved my replacements to see if they are any better. i emailed them today to hopefully get the new set shipped.

so i got my shipment. im so tired of being screwed over. i told them and had pics of the issues. they made it sound like i was getting a full kit. they just sent me one down pipe and i have 2 pipes leaking which i know is in the Hpipe and not the downpipes. im going after a refund. its not the easiest thing to keep removing and installing a header system. everything i have bought for this bike i have quality issues.

working on a refund. they dont seem to want to make it right. i rather have a full exhaust but looks like that wont happen. stock header with maybe the cat cutout is an option

well they screwed me again. now i only get store credit. how in the hell can they do this? i mean i dont want anything else for my bike but im forced to buy something or i wont see my money. terrible service. i officially am tired of the busa. noone can stand behind thier own products and i have to pay for the mistakes? comeon

no tired of this bike. its fun and all but every single part i buy for it has issues and im buying good stuff. its not the bike. its and idea of it all. haha. cant anything be easy??

did you try V&H direct to file an official complaint? i can't see how it would hurt you at this point.

yes all the dealing was right to V and H. after i told them i give up since they dont want to completly fix my header and i want a refund. but being the pipes go through parts unlimited its parts unlimited that wont reinburst me. but i dont want any other parts. may just make them send another header and start all over. cuz u guys know a header is so fun to keep swapping

well i took the CAT out of my stock pipe as i believe the best parts are OEM parts. so just put it back together with modded header and two bros slips. OMG sounds deaper and meaner but better then the vance header did. the vance was tingy from being thin metal. modded header is as loud but not annoying as some full pipes ive heard. so the header is going back to the store. sad thing is parts unlimited is making me only do store credit so guess im going to upgrade my rotors while the bike is apart for paint and powdercoat

if counting the tubes from left to right its the 3rd pipe at the spring joint.

Fitting the headers to my gen1 i have the same leak. Number three from the left :banghead:
I will try to fix it with some exhaust gum tomorrow, hope it works cause my bike is going to the dyno on Tuesday..

been months and i still dont have my refund. this company is horible and my dealer says he has nothing but issues with them also. both my center tubes leaked so check them all. also my slipons wouldnt clamp down all the way. i gave up and love my modded oem header

well i will scratch the v&h header off my list then. one would think they would resolve this issue but apparently that is not the case. i've heard the gutted cats is the way to go so i may give that a shot this summer.

Sorry about your ordeal. Companies should know better than take customers round in circles. Now, they have just lost a potential customer because am now not so sure I would want to buy these headers. Good to know you're happy with your current set up though.

Back