*WAS*Goin to ride today :(

GeorgiaGixxer08

Registered
Welp! it was a gorgeos day in jacksonville, nc. i was cleanin my bike in shorts and a T-shirt! anyway, so all my buddies get here to go ride. so we start gearin up and my buddie who just got his 07 600 about 2 months ago wanted to take his around the neighborhood before we left to get the feel for his bike again cause he hadnt road it since then ( due to weather and all the usmc training we been doin lately ) well we got geared up and was just waitin on him to get back, it had been a while and i was getn a little worried so i take off on my bike(the gixxer recovery vehicle) and look for him around the neighborhood, sure enough there was was next to the "sand pit" (where people take four wheelers and dirt bikes and go on and off the road therefore draggin sand and mud on the road) he had hit a sand patch on the left side of the road and hit the pavement and sent him into some thick sand. so i ask him if hes ok he says yea im good, i rush back to my house and hook my bike trailer up to the bronco and go pick up the bike, which was not drivable. youll see... heres pics.

He is ok, just road rash. he was wearing all his gear but the jacket since he was just takin it around the block. gave em some hydrocodone and some food, cleaned him up and he was good to go, i told him hed be really feelin it when he wakes up tomorow ;)

001-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

014.jpg

016-1.jpg

But the good news is...........i got my windscreen in
021.jpg

and JUNE was ok
023-1.jpg

and everyone else
022.jpg

ill be takin it apart tonight and takin a closer look, just got it started finally! sounds fine, still shifts and does everything properly so far, ill keep yall updated. im going to fix the bike for him.
HIS NAME IS THE SANDMAN NOW!
002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

Wow, thats wadded up pretty good, I bet Sandman wishes he had his jacket on :rulez:
Next few showers are gonna suk.

Boy did he go down hard, glad he walked away from it, but THAT will hurt tomorrow. Big reminder to gear up at all times. Hope he and the bike recovers real quick. Nice ride you have, he has a good friend there.

The sticking to the sheets in bed sucks even worse. Hope you heal up quick Bro !

that road rash is gonna be a tad sore for awhile...at least it missed his tats.

SemperFi & L8R, Bill. :cool:

Wow that was quite a tumble,even twisted the rear subframe. Besides the rash, he looks good compared to the bike. Best wishes for a quick recovery. Fast Fairings.com might be the way to go, Ive seen thier kit for an '07 GSXR 600 in person,good quaility for the price

That hurts to look at.........the bike that is! :poke:

10 seconds it takes to put a jacket on....now = 10 days of hatin' life.

Sad to see...Bummer

On a side note.....your windscreen looks great on your bike! I have the same one :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear he crashed. ATGATT! The majority of crashes happen went we ride with the "I don't need gear. It's just around the neighborhood."

hes recovering fine! The bike on the otherhand, isnt so bad, mostly cosmetic(on the left side only) clutch lever and everything still there(somehow) mainly the big thing is the rear subframe has about a 1/2 inch wide crack in it. im bout to take that off. and the whole left handlebar needs replaced from where it broke off the peice that wraps around the fork( im assuming you take the "stem head" off right? and requires a special tool? im new at this part.

I finally have something to do now:thumbsup: wifes not gonna like this!;)

hes recovering fine! The bike on the otherhand, isnt so bad, mostly cosmetic(on the left side only) clutch lever and everything still there(somehow) mainly the big thing is the rear subframe has about a 1/2 inch wide crack in it. im bout to take that off. and the whole left handlebar needs replaced from where it broke off the peice that wraps around the fork( im assuming you take the "stem head" off right? and requires a special tool? im new at this part.

I finally have something to do now:thumbsup: wifes not gonna like this!;)

"wifes not gonna like this" :laugh:
It's an excuse for us to use tools man....they just can't understand :lol:

That 1/2" rear subframe crack is something to be concerned about. Be careful

"wifes not gonna like this" :laugh:
It's an excuse for us to use tools man....they just can't understand :lol:

That 1/2" rear subframe crack is something to be concerned about. Be careful

I'd let insurance total it out if I were him, not worth it with all the damage there is.

maybe a 1/2 was a little much. lol. , you and stick 2 pennies between the crack.
026-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

028-2.jpg

also bent the left and right seat rails those are about $200 a peice brand new. me and ebay are bout to become good friends.

i think he only had liability or something, the damage is bad but its fixable. fairings will be the most expensive part which hes getn a full set of track plastics. if it were me i would let them total it out to, but then i would have no project.

Last edited:
That suxs, at least your already on fixin it for him.

I believe Metallica has a theme song for him, you can play it everytime he pulls up

"Enter the Sandman"

:laugh:

Back