Went for a ride today.

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Myself, Keith (GMMECH07), Steve another busa rider, Matt on his R6 and JD on his 07 GSXR-600 all went on a ride today. The ride started off pretty good. I met Keith, JD, and Matt at the spinx station on 290 in Greer at 10am. The roads were still a bit wet in places though the sun was just starting to peek through. We headed out to meet Steve at the gas station on the intersection of Hwy 11 and 178. The weather was even better when we got there. The roads where dry for the most part with the exception of some shady places. We decided we were going to head up to the Blue Ridge parkway via 178 to 215.

Everything started out all well and good. We were doing some spirited riding up 178. We weren't pushing it real hard, or at least I didn't think we were. We go several miles down 178 when I noticed JD was no longer behind us. So we pulled over for a couple minutes to see if he catches up. Normally he just rides at his own pace. Ive never known him to push the bike beyond his limits. So we waited. Well, JD never came. So we started riding back down looking for him. We went a few miles and still no JD.

At this point my heart was dropping. We began out search looking down into the many deep gullies and drop offs on the side of the road. We back tracked all the way back to the place we pulled over to wait. We didn't see anything. Im really getting nervous now. At that point two or three bikes pulled up. They were on the adventure tourers I can't remember if it was BMW's or what but its not important. They told us that our friend was in a ditch a few miles back. They said he was ok. So relieved we all headed back to find him.

Evidently he was going around a curve when his back tire slipped on some wet pavement. He said it then launched him into some gravel on the side of the road and he went straight into a ditch that was full of water and mud. He said it through him over the handle bars and he landed in a ditch with the bike. Luckily other then some minor bruises he escaped uninjured. Though im sure he will be hurting in the morning. The bike amazingly didn't seem to bad. The rear fairing was busted and it tore off one of his rear view mirrors and knocked a whole in his stator so oil was gushing everywhere. It was covered in mud but the side and front fairing appeared ok. Though im sure they will be all scratched up once the mud is off of it and will still need to be replaced. I think the front forks were bent as well.

I could not believe how far we had ridden with out knowing he was no longer behind us though. It was probably a good 3 miles or so and on twisty roads thats a good distance. But he's ok, it could have been a lot worse. But thankfully he's ok.

Started out nice
DSC_0001Large.jpg

DSC_0002Large.jpg

DSC_0003Large.jpg

But bad ending

DSC_0004Large.jpg

DSC_0005Large.jpg

DSC_0006Large.jpg

DSC_0007Large.jpg

DSC_0008Large.jpg

sorry to hear this but i'm glad he is ok other than the sore muscles and joints he will have tommorrow
beerchug.gif

That sux! Bike can be fixed though, man it looks like it went fairing first into the dirt.

Dang.. glad to hear he's ok! Bike doesn't look too bad...

PS - $3.16 for a gal of gas? Wish that station was near me today!

Dang.. glad to hear he's ok! Bike doesn't look too bad...

PS - $3.16 for a gal of gas? Wish that station was near me today!
Glad, too, for your friend.

...and not to hijack your thread...I paid $4.13 for premium today.

Ouch.

Thanks for sharing the pix. Please wish your friend the best from all of us.

Scar

Sorry to hear your friend went down, glad he is alright and don't look like to much damage to his bike.

Back