Went for a ride today bad outcome

02badbusa

Registered
Went for a ride today, was going to be just a nice ride with 8 other bikes, on the very first turn about 5min in to the ride a friend of mine got spooked and lifted his head and the bike straightened out and of he goes for a ride in the grass, then he lost it the bike hit the guard rail and went about 15' in the air and he tumbled through the grass until he hit the guard rail at a very low speed but he can not feel his legs so they had to air lift him to LRMC don’t have any info on his condition yet but I am on my way to the hospital now. And all of this was at about 45mph.

Sorry for the run on and rambling but I had to tell someone.

UPDATE!
He has a broken neck, 2 broken ribs and a broken collar bone. He is not doing to bad he has regained his movement for the most part they say he should recover gooood with much rehab. He had someone on his side.

I hope for a quick recovery for your buddy - always hate to hear about a fellow rider going down. Do you know why he got spooked? New rider, gravel on road, too much speed in the corner
rock.gif

New rider he said he was intimidated by the others with more experience and tried to step it up a notch but we were not going for a ride to go play it was to be a nice ride just to get out on the bikes before Christmas.

Had an accident last year on my bike. Ended up with a broken vertebrae and two ribs. So I can sympathize with your pal and he will be in my prayers.

Sorry to hear about that... Prayers and thoughts on a speedy recovery to your partner...

Speedy recovery and prayers for your friend. No good person should have to experience this in their life.

Yes it was black but his name is Robert
The is a kid from my church that took the msf class at the same time as my wife, he bought a nice black R6, and has been wrecking it then fixing it over and over and over since the day he got it. I'm sorry for your friend but glad it wasn't Jordan. His family needs a break.

Kevin

Bummer.

One of the problems with riding in groups is the peer pressure to keep up with whoever is the fastest rider/s. I've learned to just let people go if they want to ride faster than me, too old to have anything to prove. I'm all about riding within my limits, not yours.

Enjoy the ride, not the competition - take that to the track.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

Back