My friend died yesterday...

MeatGrinder

Registered
I knew him for 30 years. He was the typical Harley rider that wouldn't wear a helmet. It happened last Sunday at 2am. On a dark country road that he knew very well.
He went wide to the right on a left hand curve, got about a foot off the road in grass and gravel. When he tryed to get back on the road, the bike went right down. The marks are still there. About 75' skids in the gravel, about 100' scraping down the road.
He had an 8" skull fracture, broken sinuses, broken collar bone, shoulder blade, and ribs. Pressure on his brain killed him on Wednesday. He was in a coma since Sunday. Myself and family members watched him go after they shut down his ventilator.
His girlfriend was with him and didn't get a scratch. She thinks they stayed on the bike the whole time. Not one bit of road rash on either one. I think he hit his head on the handlebars or something.
We had many discussions about wearing a helmet. But he didn't listen.
I wear a full face Arai.

thats a terrible thing to hear about...

dont know what else to say but.. sorry for your loss. thoughts and prayers go out, and hope you stay safe!!

Sorry to hear about your friend and my condolensces to his family. Gear is a very important thing.

sorry for your loss prayers for family and friends
down.gif

Sorry for your loss.....hopefully others heed this unfortunate lesson.
sad.gif

Very sorry to hear about your friend . My prayers will go out to his family and friends. I lived in Ohio for awhile and when I was there you only had to wear a helmet if you were on the freeway. But I always wore mine just because I like my face.

I hate wearing helmets, I think it makes your hair fall out, but still wear an expensive Arai fullface, one of the best you can buy. About 20 years ago I crashed my bike and my head ricoched off the pavement, I was wearing an old Bell fullface, got a concussion even through the helmet.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, god bless.

Sorry to hear man. I am a firm believer in helmets. (not helmet laws).

I had a little get-off last june, left a pretty good mark on my helmet. Just reminded me of how important a good lid is.......

Sorry to hear about your loss brother.
Its hard to deal with. Especially when friends dont comprehend. God bless you and yours in this troubling time bro.

Ted

May God Bless him and take him into The Kingdom Of Heaven...His Family is my thoughts and Prayers

Man, that is terrible. And to think, a helmet may well have brought him through injury free. I'm all for everybody enjoying riding for what it is to them, and if the freedom of not wearing a lid is a big part of what someone enjoys I say it's their choice and more power to them... but personally I think it's stupid to ride without a lid. I migth roll to the store or to get a bite to eat without my jacket in hot weather, but I simply don't roll out without my lid...

Anyway, gear talk aside... R.I.P. and Godspeed to your friend.
sad.gif

Back