Went on an AWESOME ride today!

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
Just got done riding with Nick who I met from swmosportbikes for the last 8 and a half hours. We met this morning to just run down 125 and back however I talked him into checking out Push Mountain in Arkansas. I heard it was an awesome place to ride and it was only 2 hours away. OMG what an awesome day! After we found where it was, we stopped for fuel and went to a BBQ restaurant I think called The Black Bear and hung out with all of the Harley trash.... It was fun...honest
angel.gif
. We then headed to Push Mountain Rd., at the base of the hill we passed a guy on a black CBR 1000, we are motoring along at a fairly fast pace and this guy blows by me! I'm not a slouch when it comes to cornering but he made me look simply stupid! We finally found him again at the end of the road and start talking, his name is Rick (Rubb'n on the forums he belongs to, one of them is the R1 forum Vman belonged to) and was down from Memphis. He knows a lot of roads in the area and invited us to tag along with him and his crew comprised of, CBR1000, Ducati 1098, Gsxr1000, BMW K1100s, and a Super Motard. This guy could ride the wheels off of his bike, I could not keep up without riding beyond my limits however was the closest to staying with him out of the group. Nick and I were grinning ear to ear! It must have been 80 degrees and I was lovin it!

Last edited:
Where are you John? We had lower 70's in Ohio...great riding all day. I rolled in around 10 this evening and it was still about 45.
I never seem to run into other sport riders...maybe i'm too slow and they have all gone by me already.:laugh:
Glad you got some ear to ear smiling in today!

Where are you John? We had lower 70's in Ohio...great riding all day. I rolled in around 10 this evening and it was still about 45.
I never seem to run into other sport riders...maybe i'm too slow and they have all gone by me already.:laugh:
Glad you got some ear to ear smiling in today!
Springfield, MO. I tried getting ahold of Macon_454 but he ignored me, bastid :rulez:

Last edited:
That's cool, it's always nice meeting new friends, particularly other riders. And good job not getting caught up in the group mentality thing and riding past your limits :)

Went again today but not quite as far. I think I need a break, I am sooo sore!

My bum, my back, my knees, my neck, I could go on....

Sounds like you had fun. Hard to keep up with someone in their backyard brother.

Seen your text the other day, after we got back from riding, Semi and I and BP454 had gone to Eureka and was there all day, if we would have known about it before we took off we would have meet you there.

Sounds like you had a great time.:thumbsup:

Just be VERY careful if you go out this weekend (11-14,15), it's opening weekend of gun season in Missouri. Hunters will have the deer stirred up and the things will be running everywhere all day long.
Gonna be another dirt bike weekend for me. Hope I don't hit a deer on the way to or from the use area (or catch a stray bullet while I'm there).

Sounds like a nice ride. I like in Jackson Tn, 1 hour from Memphis. After you get on I 40 west how do you get there?

Had a great ride yesterday and had a nice ride to breakfast with the club this morniong. Installed my Givi bags. I think I'm heading out either Friday or Saturday after Thnksgiving. Maybe an overnighter to New York or maybe Gettysburgh? Anyone interested in an overnighter ride somewhere? Wardie

Back