Vent here....

While I understand everyone's frustration, please remember that it is not the dog's fault. The OWNER has left the dog out and the OWNER let's it crap in your yard. The dog is just doing what it thinks is okay. First step is to talk to the owners and if that doesn't work call Animal Control. Then it gets logged and the owners have no choice but to deal with it.

It is not the dogs fault. Believe me. You have assholz for neighbors! They have no business owning a dog if this happens. Especially if you are being confronted by the dog like this. What is percieved by the dogs owner of being a good and non threatning dog is a lot different to the person in your shoes.

Your neighbor needs a good B-10
whistling.gif
+1

the main bad thing about the bb idea, along with the frozen paintball or antifreeze is the animal cruelty fines that will follow along with possible jail time. oc spray is ok, animal control is the best bet, after a while, they'll get tired of the calls and start fining in increased amounts. a lot of hard surfaces for a handgun. critter ridder is the stuff mentioned that you can get from lowes. it works great and is environmentally friendly. it contains a pepper mixture among other things that will make the animal not want to go there. bad thing is it only lasts about a month efore you have to refresh it. I use it to keep the cats away from the house and flowerbed. good luck

I have 3 dogs and I hope that people would come talk to me before ever sentencing my dogs for my ignorance.  The dog, as mentioned before is only doing what it has been allowed to do.  If you went for a walk and didn't know you were on private property, and someone shot you (whether it was a paint ball, pellot, or a bullet), would you know why they did it.  NO.  The only one responsible for that dogs actions are the owners.  You can make a complaint with the police and animal control while staying anonymous the entire time.  I am not sure how it works there, but where I am, each time they get called the visit gets worse.  First time, warning.  Second, fines.  Third and fourth increase the fines by doubling each time. Then on the Fifth time, no more dog becuase the owners werent smart enough to fix the problem.  Then the dog gets to go try to find a better home with people who might actually give a sh@t about their well being.

Sorry for the book, just my $.02

I have 3 dogs and I hope that people would come talk to me before ever sentencing my dogs for my ignorance.  The dog, as mentioned before is only doing what it has been allowed to do.  If you went for a walk and didn't know you were on private property, and someone shot you (whether it was a paint ball, pellot, or a bullet), would you know why they did it.  NO.  The only one responsible for that dogs actions are the owners.  You can make a complaint with the police and animal control while staying anonymous the entire time.  I am not sure how it works there, but where I am, each time they get called the visit gets worse.  First time, warning.  Second, fines.  Third and fourth increase the fines by doubling each time. Then on the Fifth time, no more dog becuase the owners werent smart enough to fix the problem.  Then the dog gets to go try to find a better home with people who might actually give a sh@t about their well being.

Sorry for the book, just my $.02
Great analogy
clap.gif

I have to echo what BigBsBusa said. The dog shouldn't be punished for the owners stupidity. He/she/it is not smart enough to know what it is being punished for. Having said that, if the dog is threatening or a menace all bets are off. You have to protect yourself and your family.

Don

I would call the police and animal control first, but at the first growl ar bark all bets would be off and unfortunately the dog (owners fault or not) would have to pay the consequence
guns.gif
. my .02

I am absolutely in the dogs favor, do not get me wrong, I fully blame the owner... I would rather do what ever to the owner than the dog any day.... Remember I am the guy that fed that giant "rat creature" in the other thread because I thought it looked hungry

I am in touch with animal control and worse yet, the "Home Owners" association.. (hounds of hell they are)
rofl.gif

I think this dog is actually pretty cool looking but if you are not intimidated by that picture, you are not too bright
smile.gif

I have 3 dogs, so I love dogs. Enough is enough though. I agree with the BB gun and paint ball gun theory. Paint balls don't break on dogs though. Been there tried that. Usually after a few shots in the ass with BBs, the dogs quit coming back. I agree with the fact that you need to tell the neighbor to keep the dogs locked up. As far as cats go, I had the same problem with them pissing and crapping around my house. Not much smells worse than cat piss. Anti freeze does work wonders, as does a live trap and a 22 rifle. There are so many feral cats out there that alot of them don't have homes and are wild. I disposed of around 8 or 10 here when I moved in and haven't had a problem since.

I have 3 dogs, so I love dogs.  Enough is enough though.  I agree with the BB gun and paint ball gun theory.   Paint balls don't break on dogs though.  Been there tried that.  Usually after a few shots in the ass with BBs, the dogs quit coming back.  I agree with the fact that you need to tell the neighbor to keep the dogs locked up.   As far as cats go, I had the same problem with them pissing and crapping around my house.  Not much smells worse than cat piss.   Anti freeze does work wonders, as does a live trap and a 22 rifle.   There are so many feral cats out there that alot of them don't have homes and are wild.  I disposed of around 8 or 10 here when I moved in and haven't had a problem since.
I've painted a couple white dogs yellow w/ paintballs.
dunno.gif

We had the same problem and just kept calling the puond and they got fined for letting thier dog out . Haven't seen the dogs out again

I think the spray is a good idea as long as you think you can get close enough without being attacked. Since the dog already knows you, you probably can. Paintballs and BBs are animal cruelty and you'll be the one going to jail.

Animal control can only do something if they witness the dog being loose. Pictures and video will help.

This is why I love the ORG.

You have so many different people on here. You have the anti-freeze, shoot them, pepper spray, even paint ball, to just shoot the owner. Full spectrum.

I am not an animal lover I like my dog and that I as far as it goes. I hate cats and have shot many of them. I have even done a few other mean things to them. Anti-freeze is pretty cruel for even me. I watched a dog die from that once pretty bad.

You warned the owner he did not rectify the situation. Sorry it is not the dogs fault but when your grandkids get bitten you can almost consider it your fault for not looking out for them. 22 pretty quit quick easy little ride to the back roads and it is over. No neighbor confrontation, no trouble with the law for animal cruelty and your grand kids do not have to watch their step. Shoot it and shoot it now before something does happen.

My internal voice of reason says that at the moment the kids are not in jeopardy as it is butt ugly cold outside (that will change)

I will go with what logic sounds right (I busted out the .22 pellet gun, it allows low/high velocity.. will set to low to give the dog a good sting with out breaking his hide e or permanent damage.. Just do not blame the dog so I am hesitant to hurt it)

contact owner / did that / failed
contact home owners assc. / did that / waiting

Time providing:

contact animal control / next
last resort? no comment..

Love this place, you do get the full scope of ideas... you guys rock!

You could really mess with their minds - steal the dog, give it a couple of days invite them over for "steaks" then after dinner tell them you shot the dog, butchered it, and ask them their opinion on how their beloved pet tasted. With any luck they will move in the next day or two.
laugh.gif

You could really mess with their minds - steal the dog, give it a couple of days invite them over for "steaks" then after dinner tell them you shot the dog, butchered it, and ask them their opinion on how their beloved pet tasted. With any luck they will move in the next day or two.
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
that is pretty evil...

Back