Terrible pet owners

StrtRac3r

Registered
I don't get why so many people who have no sense of responsibility buy animals. I have yet another dog because someone I know "couldn't keep up with the dog." so anyway just figured I would have a little rant about this because I'm stuck re-homing a 1 yr old well behaved Pitt, and with their rep no one wants her.

And to anyone thinking about buying a pet, don't unless you are ready to make it a part of your family.

Thanks for listening, I know it's not a huge percent of people who do this, but the ones who do suck.

I don't get it either. We had to put our 15 yo lab mix down last Sunday and it took me several days to be able to talk about it.

It amazing how some one can just treat an animal like an object. Just do what they want with it and dispose of it at will when they get bored with it. Horrible!!

I live by the saying "Treat those as you yourself would want to be treated" That saying also appies to your pets!!

I cant stand neglect or animal abuse. If you dont want the dog, contact the local pitt rescue in your area. They are usually really good people who only want to to find a good home for the dog. I went through a rescue when I got my boxer.

I feel your pain. I volunteer with a couple of animal rescues in OKC and I see it all the time. The dog or cat should be part ofthe family or you should not have them. I personally don't even believe in letting my pits stay outside very much. They get enough attention when I take them out as it is. I dont need them stolen. They are part of the family and I would not leave my child outside on a chain or to fend for themselves in the back yard so I wont do it to them. Good luck re-homing and thank you for being kind to the animals. Kids and animals cant protect themselves and need people to look after them.

SPCA is the only thing in my area, the stories of them that I have heard are just as bad. I may have to just rent a house and keep her. I'd rather do that than to risk her getting put down at the SPCA.

I happens all the time. I don't know what people expect pet ownership to mean. There is no companion animal that doesn't require daily interaction besides food and water...and some pets don't even get that.

Its good that you did that. These are my pampered pups:

pups.jpg

I totally agree. My wife and I rescued a ****-a-poo because the breeder was going to put him down because he was black and he wouldnt sell. He was so mangy when we got him, we took care of him and found him a really good home. Our cat was thrown away in a box and was 12 ounces when we got him, about three weeks old. Yup I hate people. We have rescued quite a few and found good homes for all of them and kept others.

TRUE so True!!! Bo, my 5 Year old American Bulldog is a dog you have to be responsible with. He is very protective and doesnt like most men. He is spoiled worse then most rich children. He gets the best of everything!
Ive had 3 dogs since my childhood. A beagle that my parents gave away during a move, a boxer I had for 2 years that my mother got rid of when I was around 13 cause she felt I wasnt giving it enough attention, and my last boxer I got when I was involved in a relationship with a woman that had a son. After 5 years we decided to end our relationship her son loved the dog also and I couldnt do what my mom did to me as a child so I as much as it hurt I left my boxer behind. :-(
I got Bo 5 years ago and I made a promise to him, either he will die first or I will be but I will be by his side until one of the other.

we visited several shelters, looking for a lab of any color, but at the time they didn't have any. they all said the same thing, black dogs in general are very hard to rehome. I do not know why, black labs are good dogs. (it is easy to find good homes for black busa's by the way)

our puppy was part of a 'surprise' litter from a lady who made it clear that she would only work with "good homes", and reserved the right to decline anyone. so all the puppies found good homes. he's beyond spoiled!

P1010338.jpg

qct1414, he knows he's spoiled:laugh:. your lucky he lets you ride his busa:whistle:

i agree dan, if we do part ways she will be in good hands though.

Our poor mistreated pups have to make do with their own sofa. Anyone that gets a pet then neglects or abuses it should be shot!!

IMG_0128.jpg

I waited almost three years vefore deciding that the ti,e was right to get a dog. Heres Gixxer trying to find a comfy spot to sleep.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1311723161747.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1311723178069.jpg

Back