VA fall ride?

The weather report looks great for Saturday! You probably won't even break a sweat under your helmet.

See most of you at the Holiday Inn parking lot at 8:30 AM!

Bring cameras......

Postal.

cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096992735 -->

Woo hoo! We be riding!!! I look forward to meeting everyone. Don't forget to bring cameras!
tounge.gif
Saturday morning is going to be chilito!!! I am in Manassas, anybody want to hook up in Manassas and ride down to the 133 exit? I'm going to roll 619 (Bristow Rd / Joplin Rd) to 95 to exit 133.

The ride looks good. I was wondering if ther was anyone in the montgomery country, md area who will be attending the oct 9th ride? If so, may I tag along? I am trying to get a few other riders to join in on the mix

The ride looks good.  I was wondering if ther was anyone in the montgomery country, md area who will be attending the oct 9th ride?  If so,  may I tag along?  I am trying to get a few other riders to join in on the mix
Hey Eric ... I think I'll cancel my reservations at that Holiday Inn because I don't want to deal with the Friday evening traffic. So I'll be leaving Frederick at 6:30 Saturday morning, which will put me on 270 going through your area around 7ish. Do you want to meet up and ride to Fredericksburg together?
Last time I went, I left home at 6:30, made a pitstop at the Dale City rest stop and still made it to Fredericksburg before 8:30. Let me know?

Ok just read the thread, it is 220 miles for me from home to exit 133. Now just for my information, when is everyone meeting there, and someone that is going send me a pm with a phone number, just incase I get lost. I terrible with directions. I will try to ride that direction Sat, leaving my house at about 6 in the morning. Lets see how the rest of the week is here at work.

PM sent ... maps are on pages 1 and 2 of this post and route and stop details are on page 4 ... hope to see you there!

I'll be sending out PMs to you guys with my cell phone...yippee! Got a new one (broke my old on on the ride to Lynchburg in April...)
smile.gif

Anyway, I've pulled my lower back and it hurts like hell right now; went to the doc yesterday for some medication to help and hope it's better by Saturday...I've got arrangements for the kids, hubby's on board, Busa's oil's been changed, chain cleaned and waxed, new spark plugs going in tonight...and my back hurts! Damn it...always something...
sad.gif

Wish me luck...I REALLY want to go on this ride...
blush.gif

Ok just read the thread, it is 220 miles for me from home to exit 133.  Now just for my information, when is everyone meeting there, and someone that is going send me a pm with a phone number, just incase I get lost.  I terrible with directions.  I will try to ride that direction Sat, leaving my house at about 6 in the morning.  Lets see how the rest of the week is here at work.
Welcome Fireman! Have a great ride coming up from NC.

Postal.

Weeeeeeeellllllllllll daaammmnnnnn. I'm starting to think these meets are bad luck.
I slid my girl down the street today with cold tire...So I'm coming "ugly"...No pictures will be permitted..of the bad side atleast :o)

I'll be sending out PMs to you guys with my cell phone...yippee!  Got a new one (broke my old on on the ride to Lynchburg in April...)
smile.gif

Anyway, I've pulled my lower back and it hurts like hell right now; went to the doc yesterday for some medication to help and hope it's better by Saturday...I've got arrangements for the kids, hubby's on board, Busa's oil's been changed, chain cleaned and waxed, new spark plugs going in tonight...and my back hurts!  Damn it...always something...
sad.gif

blush.gif
I know how you feel Shell. It's always something. I scheduled this ride months in advance and my wife reminded me of something else that came up at the last minute. I am still going on the ride though, heck with the other thing. Hope your back gets better. You've got a few days to rest it. How did you hurt it? Or do I really want to know?
wow.gif

Weeeeeeeellllllllllll daaammmnnnnn. I'm starting to think these meets are bad luck.
I slid my girl down the street today with cold tire...So I'm coming "ugly"...No pictures will be permitted..of the bad side atleast :o)
Daannng UUB! When it comes to back luck you seem to have it dude. Didn't you drop your bike a while back also? Hope you are okay! You can ride next to Michelle.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097068364 -->

Start: 07302
End: Warrenton, Virginia, United States
Total Distance: 269.2 Miles
Estimated Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes

crap, either I get there late at night or I leave really really early and risk missing the meeting and start the day with 4hr of riding
sad.gif

Start: 07302
End: Warrenton, Virginia, United States
Total Distance: 269.2 Miles
Estimated Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes

crap, either I get there late at night or I leave really really early and risk missing the meeting and start the day with 4hr of riding
sad.gif
Hey bro, if you want to roll down Friday night I think I got some room on the couch for ya. That way you can roll down with me and dulimon. Just let me know.

I'll be sending out PMs to you guys with my cell phone...yippee!  Got a new one (broke my old on on the ride to Lynchburg in April...)
smile.gif

Anyway, I've pulled my lower back and it hurts like hell right now; went to the doc yesterday for some medication to help and hope it's better by Saturday...I've got arrangements for the kids, hubby's on board, Busa's oil's been changed, chain cleaned and waxed, new spark plugs going in tonight...and my back hurts!  Damn it...always something...
sad.gif

blush.gif
I know how you feel Shell. It's always something. I scheduled this ride months in advance and my wife reminded me of something else that came up at the last minute. I am still going on the ride though, heck with the other thing. Hope your back gets better. You've got a few days to rest it. How did you hurt it? Or do I really want to know?  
wow.gif
Tsk tsk Tom...
tounge.gif

I actually thought the pain in my back was from a flu-like virus I had last week, but now it definitely feels like I've pulled something...don't know how I did it or really when...just know that yesterday I stayed at home, went to the doc and am pretty much useless until it heals...

Funny thing is that I went riding all day Saturday with a local gal on her Suzuki 600, and never felt a bit of pain...so, I'm thinking hunching over the bike actually helped!  
tounge.gif
 That's what I'm telling myself anyway...
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

Just bumping this with the map and itinerary reminders and the undecided don't have to go searching through this post for it:)

Depart Fredericksburg Holiday Inn Exit 133b off of I-95
( Hwy 17 )at 8:50 am
Travel 36 miles
Arrive Warrenton Center Mall ( Hwy 17 and 211 ) at 9:30 am
Rest 10 minutes
Depart Warrenton Center Mall at 9:40 am
Travel 47 miles
Arrive Luray Walmart ( Hwy 211 and 340 )at 10:30 am
Rest 20 minutes
Depart Luray Walmart at 10:50 am
Travel 48 miles
Arrive Elkton McDonalds ( hwy 33 and 340 ) at 11:45 am
Rest and eat lunch for 50 minutes
Depart Elkton McDonalds at 12:35 pm
Travel for 34 miles
Arrive Gordonsville Amoco ( hwy 33 and 15 ) at 1:10 pm
Rest for 30 minutes
Depart Gordonsville Amoco at 1:40 pm
Travel for 40 miles
Arrive Fredericksburg Holiday Inn ( hwy 17 ) at 2:40 pm

Any questions about the ride please PM myself or Postal.

where exactly r u meeting?
i want to check if I can make it in time from Jersey City
Maps are on pages 1 and 2, details on 4. Hope to see you there man!

Correction, map is up there..... (above)
iamwithstupid.gif
(only guy I could find with an up-arrow).

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097074522 -->

Just a thought to everyone... We'll ride in small groups so we don't mess up traffic. Also, that keeps it safer for everyone on two wheels.

When we go through the twisties on 211, please watch out for a sharp right hander with 24/7 water flowing over it. It isn't much water but it is water, and that's no fun when you are leaning. The leader should alert you. Also, single file through the twisties please.

Our destination is right back at the Holiday Inn parking lot where we started, if you want to meet back there that is. There are several places to eat around there if you feel like doing so.

We have four planned stops, Warrenton, Luray, Elkton, and Gordonsville, but you are certainly welcome to stop as much as you wish. I may be stopping more to video and photograph.

Be safe!

Postal.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097075715 -->

One more thought (just so i don't have to tell everyone this at the Holiday Inn parking lot), While on Rt 17 headed for Warrenton, DO NOT take the Rt 17 BUSINESS - WARRENTON exit (left). Keep going straight through the light and you will come to a clover leaf exit for 211 West. Our meeting point on 211 West is about one mile on the right after you turn off of 17 onto 211. There are gas stations there too if needed.

Confusing? I get accused of being too detailed.
tounge.gif

Final call! Who's going...here's everyone that showed interested...

Postal
sageronin
UUBusa
VaBusa
vman1300
busabad
Dr. Jekyll
Dulimon
04busaVA
GMBusa
BigE
Fireman_on_a_Busa

I'm in...Michael and I will be there at the Holiday Inn tomorrow @ 8:30 a.m.
cool.gif

Back