VA fall ride?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Okay...some have expressed an interest in a fall meet and greet/ride...

The Williamsburg/Yorktown area is in my back yard (anything within two hours is considered back yard when you live in the sticks guys)...

Tossing around the idea of a ride to Williamsburg area where we all meet, then ride around the area...there are tons of things to see around there...Colonial Parkway, historic parts of Yorktown, just an Interstate 64 ride from Norfolk/Va Beach...I'm up for making some arrangements/plans, but I need to know if you guys are interested in making this a one day trip, or would you be willing to spend the night and head back your way on Sunday?

Any interested riders? Other ideas? Potential dates?

As always, other riders/significant others and pets are invited...
smile.gif

Well let's see, that's about 650 miles from Toronto and about 12 hours of riding. During the fall, that's should be a real pleasant ride. Sounds inviting. Keep me posted. Cheers.
Jun

when u thinkin? my fall is getting booked up quick

Did some riding, on the Kat, up in Marion, VA a few years back~ Very nice roads for riding and beautiful scenery~ We might be up for a VA meet depending on when.. and if we can get away from work long enough~
wink.gif

Jersey City sounds good to me. I am really encouraged now. Well Michelle, iron butt award is fine...but just to get the guys here jealous, a welcome hug is preferred
wink.gif

Cheers. Jun

We'll need to get more input from our locals too. I'm up for any ride, one day or overnight, late September or early October. This could be the start of a full "East Coast Hayabusa.org Gathering."

In the words of Captain Picard, "Make it so."
biggrin.gif

Well, I'm close to Williamsburg, so this isn't difficult for me...but, I'm thinking if we get together on a Saturday afternoon, meet and greet, then ride, see some of the local sites and have dinner, then everyone's free to get some rest and head back the next day...

Gonna need some more input from the VA/NC/MD guys though...I can't decide this for you!
tounge.gif

Well, I'm close to Williamsburg, so this isn't difficult for me...but, I'm thinking if we get together on a Saturday afternoon, meet and greet, then ride, see some of the local sites and have dinner, then everyone's free to get some rest and head back the next day...

Gonna need some more input from the VA/NC/MD guys though...I can't decide this for you!  
tounge.gif
Sure you can! It was your idea...

Okay, here is my .02... Let's meet down there where ever you choose at say, 12:00 Noon (on a Saturday). That will give people time to get there. We'll mull around and get aquainted for about an hour or so, tell war stories, brag, lie, take pictures, let the newbies oogle you, uh, I mean your Busa, then we'll go have lunch. After lunch you can take us on a two hour ride or so, with a couple of stops of course, and good twisties and long straights. Then you can take us to a great place for dinner (we'll pay, he he, I owe you one). Then after that, we can ride some more, or people can head back to their homes, or get a hotel, or what ever floats their boat. Sound like a rough draft of a plan?

Leave it to old Postal...  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: "uhhhhhhh..."|1090543235 -->

Hey all. I will plan on making it. I take it we are not meeting in Lynchburg again this imte? Williamsburg is quite a haul for me but fair is fair as VABusa (and others) travelled from afar in the past so it is my turn now. Keep me posted.

I actually live not 30 miles from where Gypsyjoker was riding recently. That is weird.

Lynchburg was a 4 hour trip one way...I had a blast though and would do it again, so if someone wants to plan something more central, by all means, speak up...I'm open for any ideas...

I was only stepping up with an offer to plan something to get things moving...Fall will be here before we know it!
smile.gif

tounge.gif

Okay, here is my .02... Let's meet down there where ever you choose at say, 12:00 Noon (on a Saturday). That will give people time to get there. We'll mull around and get aquainted for about an hour or so, tell war stories, brag, lie, take pictures, let the newbies oogle you, uh, I mean your Busa, then we'll go have lunch. After lunch you can take us on a two hour ride or so, with a couple of stops of course, and good twisties and long straights. Then you can take us to a great place for dinner (we'll pay, he he, I owe you one). Then after that, we can ride some more, or people can head back to their homes, or get a hotel, or what ever floats their boat. Sound like a rough draft of a plan?

wink.gif
Sounds like a plan Postal...or the beginnings of one at least! And you don't owe me anything...you rode a long way to see that I live in the sticks!
tounge.gif

So, if Williamsburg is a go, I'll do the leg work and get some hotels/prices/contact info together for you guys that will be staying...

We need to set a date...early October sound good?

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif
Sounds like a plan Postal...or the beginnings of one at least!  And you don't owe me anything...you rode a long way to see that I live in the sticks!  
tounge.gif

So, if Williamsburg is a go, I'll do the leg work and get some hotels/prices/contact info together for you guys that will be staying...

We need to set a date...early October sound good?
You go girl.... You got the ball.
wink.gif

I think your plan is great! See there, you get all the credit.
super.gif

You'll need a date, and a rain date.
thumbs-up.gif

Don't you just love these little smilies?
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif
This idea sounds real good to me too ... If the distance is too far I have a 2-bike enclosed trailer, so there's room for one more. I'll leaning towards spending the night there and heading back to Frederick on Sunday. Yes ... let's do this!

Well, Sept is booking up fast with trips to the Dragon and the Bike Fest at Kings Dominion (Sept 18 for those interested)...

How does Saturday, October 2nd sound? The following weekend is Columbus Day weekend and can be the rain date...

Other dates sound more appealing? Too late/too cold? Input please...
smile.gif

October 2 is not looking good for me...but I was wondering if anyone had any info on this bikefest at King's Dominion Sept 18th?
Thanks

Back