Turbo Header Cracked..........

Ok, update, the crack is very small, i'll post pictures tonight when i get home. It's not a crack in the tube, it's where it meets the flange.

Good Luck man. Let us in on the results.
super.gif

(kawiboy11 @ Jul. 01 2007,20:19)
(GPW @ Jul. 01 2007,17
super.gif
)
(kawiboy11 @ Jul. 01 2007,16:34) I would buy a manufactured header, but I don't think it will fit the current turbo set up I have?  They are all different flanges that connect to the header depending on what turbo kit you go with , right?  So, let's say a Mr. Turbo header would not work for me, my only choice is to get the same header, made again, by a professional.
My fab guy could make your header from stainless....all I would need is the current one you have and the type of flange T3-T4 and so forth let me know. He does outstanding work. He just made an intake, header unit for me on a custom T-Rex project I am working on as well as a custom 2.5 inch full exhaust system....
i would be interested in that, i'll let you know
Let me know...if your like me junk just pisses me off.
crazy.gif

If you ship it to me, I will weld it back up for you -the right way. I'm a professional welder with certs in carbon steel, stainless steel, Inconel, and Monel.

Ok, here are the scary pictures of this header that someone put together. I think the idea was good, but not the craftsmanship! Hopefully Justin, from the Org. will be able to bail me out & fix it until I can get a new header made!

wow.gif
mad.gif

P1060202.JPG

Is that braised/bronzed ??
If so it will never last , turbo can run hotter than its melting temp
also difficult to remove ,

(Luvanicebum @ Jul. 06 2007,06:27) dude, scrap that monstrosity. It's far to butchered to salvage.
My god!
I think I will try to fix it! I new header cost $625.00! No way, I will try to salvage it. I sent it off today to black954 on the Org. He is going to do his best to strip it, & repair it correctly. Then, I will get it ceramic coated & installed back on the bike.

newbie.gif

(Luvanicebum @ Jul. 06 2007,06:27) dude, scrap that monstrosity. It's far to butchered to salvage.
My god!
I think I will try to fix it! I new header cost $625.00! No way, I will try to salvage it. I sent it off today to black954 on the Org. He is going to do his best to strip it, & repair it correctly. Then, I will get it ceramic coated & installed back on the bike.

newbie.gif

You could probably cut it a bit shorter to get above the bronze and use a thicker flange, the one thats on there is too thin and will leak you want at least 5/16 but 1/2" is better.

(OZBooster @ Jul. 06 2007,16:06) You could probably cut it a bit shorter to get above the bronze and use a thicker flange, the one thats on there is too thin and will leak you want at least 5/16 but 1/2" is better.
I think he is going to do that, that flange is very thing, though it did have a small metal gasket also,

Good luck trying to tig weld thru that crap. Stainless is finicky enough without trying to burn garbage into the bead.

wowsers,

Gary

Im a firm believer in you get what you pay for, and I follow murphys's law religiously!! The first thing I tell my employees, If it doesnt look right, its NOT RIGHT!!

Back