turbo header

DUSHIYU

Registered
My name is Clarence I want to ask what is the dimension of the Head Spigots (the bushings on the header that go's in to the cylinder head see pic) and what pipe dia. is mostly used for building turbo headers.

P.S sorry for my English

P160808_121503.jpg

u from the Netherlands Antilles?

the spigots are 1.750" od
the tubes usally used are 1.5 od or 1.625 od (depends on the setup)
street=1.5/drag=1.625

and a 1 piece flange is better at keeping the spigots aligned with the head better

I have someone I know from the same town you are from
His name is steven

my screenname on other sites is Pinky (he knows me as this or Chris)
if you see him tell him I said hi

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

Can you help me with the pitch (the distance) of the four exhaust holes (see pic) I am trying to build my own turbo header

Clarence

header1.jpg

you want to try and align the pipes before they get to the turbo flange. use the inertia of the air to gain flow into the turbine.
this one would be really nice, if you could make a design like this fit. equal length turbo headers ftw.
HPIM3322.jpg

notice the shallow and equal merge angle of the primaries? makes for nice smooth laminar flow entering the turbine. that way you don't choke it at higher flow levels.

Last edited:
you want to try and align the pipes before they get to the turbo flange. use the inertia of the air to gain flow into the turbine.
this one would be really nice, if you could make a design like this fit. equal length turbo headers ftw.
HPIM3322.jpg

notice the shallow and equal merge angle of the primaries? makes for nice smooth laminar flow entering the turbine. that way you don't choke it at higher flow levels.

Header looks real sweet, but I bet it won't gate under 10 psi,

Richard

"gate under 10 psi". what this means?:laugh: so it won't allow the turbo to make less than 10 psi? but imagine how nice the spool would be on a 30r at 15 psi:thumbsup:

i wonder if richard could fit a header like that in a full race application.

Is that bullhorn type header for a hayabusa engine? That's sick! Who made that and how much? I"m looking for a T3 turbo if anyone knows anything... :thumbsup:

If you want stuff like that you need to talk to Seb at NLR ,
Lots of different t3 turbos, you may need to be more specific on which t3 or what end use you want it for

Back