Turbo Header Cracked..........

i feel so much positive energy about this header!
SHOCKED.gif

lurk.gif
I'm no expert, but that header just sux. You really need to buy a header dude.

I will see what the guy from the Org. can do, if he can't repair it, then I will have to get a new one. Though, $100 to fix it, or $650 for a new one? Humm?
guns.gif

IMO every dollar you spend repairing this header could be going towards a new header - which you probably will wind up buying anyway......
sad.gif

(Luvanicebum @ Jul. 09 2007,18:47) The last thing you want is a chunk of that braising material to fly off and
shred your turbo.
All the braising will be removed. I sent it to a guy who welds for a living on the Org. He is going to get all of the braising off, then weld it correctly. Then I am going to spend $50.00 to get it ceramic coated. $150.00 is allot cheaper then getting a new header, especially when I am in the process of getting an engagement ring, so I can't waste any more cash on the turbo system! Don't worry, I will get a new header, but if I can survive on this one for a year or so, I will do that!
poke.gif

(Treadlife @ Jul. 09 2007,19:30) Good luck, I hope it works out for you (the header repair and the engagement!)
beerchug.gif
Thanks, I hope they both work out ! Or at least the Turbo part!
laugh.gif

Ok, header is shot. Not good news, but you guys were right. Ok, next question, where do I get a header, & does it bolt right up with the configuration I have since it's not a normal kit?

Cody
iamwithstupid.gif

You need to figure out what flange is on the turbo! To start with!

Cody, what part of the country do you live in? You may need to modify the intake tube, with the new header. Is your current intake tube powder coated or painted? You probably can get away with modifying the current intake tube - may need to buy one U or J bend and find a tig welder in your area.

Best to make fit to your current up pipe, turbo& exhaust would be make a jig on your current header and make a new one to suit , then it will bolt straight back in .
Otherwise get a RCC header from Richard and remake your system to suit.

it's not a t3 flange, it's smaller then that. I was told I can get a t3 type header, & cut it, then add my size of flange to it, so i will look for a used header, then he will build it from there.

beerchug.gif

I was thinking of getting this header, then having it modified to fit my flange on the system I am running.
firedevil.gif

header_1.jpg

(OZBooster @ Jul. 11 2007,02:58) Best to make fit to your current up pipe, turbo& exhaust would be make a jig on your current header and make a new one to suit , then it will bolt straight back in .
Otherwise get a RCC header from Richard and remake your system to suit.
yeah, nothing else will change, just need to either order a new header, & that cost $800.00 to make, plus 4 weeks to make it, or buy a used busa t3 flange header, then modify it to what I need.

Back