Turbo Busa vs. TT Viper.

Sorry forgot to mention...TROLL!
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115355393 -->

You know, now that I actually pay attention to the "Busa rider" I don't think it was his bike. I bought my Busa about 2 weeks ago and refer to it as "my bike". I would think anyone who has done that much work to their bike would be more affectionate towards it. I'd expect him to say "MY bike didn't have enough ...", or, "MY baby just couldn't keep up ...". Instead, he said "THE 'Busa didn't have enough", almost as if he didn't own it.

Then again, maybe it just me ... but I doubt it.

smileyexhibit.gif

Gary, any word on a dyno sheet on that bike? I look forward to seeing video of your car in action, I love speed contests regardless of the result. Having read the posts in this thread over on Viper Alley, seems to me like most of those guys are wanna-be's, prolly like screwdriver, who don't even own a Viper, let alone race it. Please extend my offer to anyone over there interested.

You know, now that I actually pay attention to the "Busa rider" I don't think it was his bike. I bought my Busa about 2 weeks ago and refer to it as "my bike". I would think anyone who has done that much work to their bike would be more affectionate towards it. I'd expect him to say "MY bike didn't have enough ...", or, "MY baby just couldn't keep up ...". Instead, he said "THE 'Busa didn't have enough", almost as if he didn't own it.

Then again, maybe it just me ... but I doubt it.

smileyexhibit.gif
I am pretty sure the person speaking was the mechanic for the bike.

What I am thinking (theorizing) happened was the guy riding the bike was a new rider, probably just recently had the Mr. Turbo installed and had grand illusions of spanking some viper ass.

While even the owner of the Viper will admit, a good rider on a good Busa with a good quality Turbo system will spank the Vipers A$$, it by no means would or will be an easy feat.

Like going into a fight too cocky and getting your arse handed to you because you were not prepared.

You cant do anything half a$$, and if you are going to race a twin Turbo Viper you better give it all you got, not just phuck around

I think the owner / rider of the Busa probably got pissed because he didn’t realize he bit off more than he could chew (with his skill level AND with the Mr. Turbo) and probably told his mechanic to explain (on video) WHY the bike got it's a$$ waxed, the mechanic probably was embarrassed and didn’t want his mug shown all over the place in case it came back and haunted him and ruined his business (which might explain why is mug was blurry and could be seen clearly)

And Gary is a Viper driver. He wanted to go up against a Turbo Busa and see what it would do, wasn't Gary's fault the wrong rider / mechanic stepped up to the plate.

It would be like me racing a Viper on my Busa, while I know what a Viper is, and I know what a Turbo is, I don’t know enough about either to know if I was racing a well built Viper or some piece of crap built by a lame mechanic. I would not know the difference, but if I spanked it arse, in my mind I just spanked a Viper and am entitled to the glory.

The person we should all be pissed at is the Busa rider and mechanic who did not represent us better

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115382710 -->

That was the biggest joke I have ever seen. I am calling Big time BS. I don't know about you but i find it very difficult to hang onto the Busa at 165 without being in a full tuck. THere is no way in hell that guy is sitting up there like a Sunday Cruise at 180mph.

BS

you know something just does not seem right, i've been street/track and one thing that i've never seen on any forum is the fact that their is no one talking about their HP. second is i raced on hennessy viper at 3am from the north side of houston to texas city, about 15miles. we raced off and on the whole way from a 40 punch to top end and he couldn't do anything with my stock busa. and last i have not seen the video, buteveryone seems to say the bike rider wasn'tked, and i've never seen a biker race that wasn't tucked. oh i went to that viper board and it amazed me that no other member's went to the event and they to asked about the viper's HP and never got a answer.
i am not hating but i know a kid with a low 8sec camero(shop is G-FORCE) and he lost to a turbo busa, but destroys 1000hp, supra's and vette's.
just seems strange
my 2cents

you know something just does not seem right, i've been street/track and one thing that i've never seen on any forum is the fact that their is no one talking about their HP. second is i raced on hennessy viper at 3am from the north side of houston to texas city, about 15miles. we raced off and on the whole way from a 40 punch to top end and he couldn't do anything with my stock busa. and last i have not seen the video, buteveryone seems to say the bike rider wasn'tked, and i've never seen a biker race that wasn't tucked. oh i went to that viper board and it amazed me that no other member's went to the event and they to asked about the viper's HP and never got a answer.
i am not hating but i know a kid with a low 8sec camero(shop is G-FORCE)  and he lost to a turbo busa, but destroys 1000hp, supra's and vette's.
just seems strange
my 2cents
oh and if you doubt me check www.ls1tech.com

hold on someone pls correct me if i am wrong but a turbo busa going 80 in whatever gear should be at full boost right? if so let's say he was in 2nd or 3rd wouldn't that give him a giant advantage?
this story just stinks, and all that planning on a prvt track you think they would have raced 5,7,9 times.
and for the people from the viper boards, no one here is hating, just things don't add up!?! or sound right. i know for a fact that it takes one hell of a car to beat up on a stock busa or liter bike for that fact.
my only 2 questions what's the car's hp and 1/4 mile times? you can shut me up if i get them, thks!!!

I ran my bike up to an indicated 170MPH Sunday afternoon. I was going to take it higher but let off because I had my tank bag on there and couldn't fully tuck in. At the speed I reached, the wind was trying to take my head off and only a few inches of my helmet was above the windscreen. I was definitely tucked more than that guy though. And I was probably only doing about 160 actual. I had my old ZX9R up around 175 indicated quite a few times and I just can't imagine trying to do it while up in the wind.

And who the heck would be riding with one hand when he's about to roll on for a race? It wouldn't bother me in any way to see a turbo Viper beat a turbo Busa but I have to agree that something doesn't look right about this video.

-Chris

this thing smells so fishy its rediculas. i watched it again today and timed how long it took em to get to "180" from "80", just over 9 seconds from when the viper jerked forward to when the busa slowed. slightly more if you count when the video stopped or switched views. im tempted to find the distance between the hashes on the road to determine their actual speed. umm 9+ seconds.... im dying to know if i can do that on my stocker! no way in my mind was this race 100% legit, gota get turbo busa from the board to race this guy, end of story.

Dragon,
Alright here you go.  I haven't taken the car to the track yet, so I don't have any times.  The car makes 930rwhp/1070rwtq. (Those #'s are decieving because turbos on this big motor are way different than superchargers. Without going on and on about it, a 750rwhp will have a faster ET and higher trap speed than an 850rwhp supercharged car. The torque curve is rediculous.) The video you are trying to find is of a supercharged car that is not comparable to this car.  I understand why some folks are doubting.  I can see what you guys are talking about not being tucked, but I can tell you with absolute certainly that the bike was right there behind me all the way to around 170-180mph.  If he wasn't tucked well enough, then he must have really been feeling the wind, because I am telling you that he was going that fast, no doubt about it, you can take it to the bank!!  I didn't get where I am in life by being dishonest.  You are saying, "well how the hell can you be so sure what speed you were going?"  

I'll break it down for you.  In the video I started at 80mph in 3rd.  The race started and I shifted to fourth at 6000rpm.  I ran that gear out and shifted to fifth at 6000rpm, then I stayed in the throttle for another six seconds or so.  So here is the deal.  At 6000rpm in 4th gear this is how the #'s work out:

(Copy And Pasted From My Buddy Paolo)
Tire Size
(e.g. 245/50-16) / - 345/25/20
OR
Tire Diameter
(in inches) 26.791338582677166
OR
Revolutions Per Mile

Axle Ratio 3.07
Redline (RPM) 6200
First Gear 2.66
Second Gear 1.78
Third Gear 1.30
Fourth Gear 1
Fifth Gear .74
Sixth Gear .5

4000 39 58 80 104 140 208
4100 40 60 82 106 144 213
4200 41 61 84 109 147 218
4300 42 63 86 112 151 223
4400 43 64 88 114 154 228
4500 44 66 90 117 158 234
4600 45 67 92 119 161 239
4700 46 69 94 122 165 244
4800 47 70 96 125 168 249
4900 48 71 98 127 172 254
5000 49 73 100 130 175 260
5100 50 74 102 132 179 265
5200 51 76 104 135 182 270
5300 52 77 106 138 186 275
5400 53 79 108 140 189 280
5500 54 80 110 143 193 286
5600 55 82 112 145 196 291
5700 56 83 114 148 200 296
5800 57 85 116 151 203 301
5900 58 86 118 153 207 306
6000 59 88 120 156 211 312
6100 60 89 122 158 214 317
6200 61 90 124 161 218 322

If you look at the little chart you will see that Paolo's calculations reflect that the car is going 156mph in 4th gear at 6000rpm.  I shift to fifth and stay in the throttle for about six more seconds.  How much speed do you think a car at this level will build on top of 156mph after another 5 or 6 seconds of full throttle acceleration.  I looked down at the speedo(which is spot on in vipers,I verified mine with my police buddies laser)  and the needle was clearly above 170.  I am guessing it was more like 180 because by the time I looked down, I had already been out of the throttle for a moment.  When I looked back the Bike was still there until the last second or so of acceleration in fifth.  Why do I know this?  Because that is what made me lift.  I didn't want to be the first to lift becuase I didn't want him to come flying past me and then say, "yeah the Busa got ya on the top end just like I knew it would".(Don't we all know folks like that)  

The point I am making is the bike DID in fact stay right with me to 170MPH.  There is no doubt about it.  If you don't believe me then that is on you, but I think this explination should have enough facts in it to convince anyone that is reasonable that at the very least, we were going the speed I claim.  Now could the bike rider be inexperienced, and could the bike benifit from a professional tune?  Of coarse, but maybe the "half tucked" rider position is just this guy's style, and maybe the bike has a really good "static tune" that puts it where it needs to be.  The only thing I knw for sure is that I don't have any excuses for my performance, and we went from 80-175(+/-5mph) in this race.

<!--EDIT|GARY JAVO
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115439263 -->

Hey Gary,

Any idea whether the guy rolled on from 2nd or 3rd gear? I didn't have audio with the video, so I don't know if they said which. I can't imagine why he would have started in 3rd, but it could explain a lot.

-Chris

Gary,
I appreciate you taking the time to rationally explain the race, but the tape has too many inconsistencies. You say you want to build a bike, so I assume you know how to ride one. Go ride a bike at 150-160 mph, and see if you can manage to sit as casually as that guy was. A stock Busa will accelerate faster than the one in the tape did. Cars haver better drag coeffecients, so given enough horsepower, a car will eventually run a bike down but not just stomp all over it as the tape shows.
The chart you are using I believe is theoretical speed, given hp, gear ratio and rpm. It does not take drag into account and does not give an accurate number for mph.
I don't want you to think that I'm flaming you, I just wanted to point out some of the inconsistencies that I saw.

Iscream,
I do not know the rider at all.  I do not know what gear he started in.  

Mr Brown,
I owned a Hayabusa four years ago.  I am familiar with those speeds, and I agree with you.  I would have been tucked, but he wasn't tucked very well.  I cannot answer for him, but I can tell you we were at those speeds.  I disagree with the statement that a stock Busa will accelerate faster than the one on the tape.  I conclude this by referencing a race I had a month back against an 03 gsxr1000.  I put 20-30 cars on him in the same race.  A stock Busa would have been killed in this race.  I believe this Busa was making some good power to be able to stay right with me.  So, it is what it is.  I hope we can all respect eachothers opinions on the matter and move on.  I promise this is not the last race with "big" bikes you will see from me.  I'm sorry, but down here in GA we don't just have TBusas laying around.  I have to take the ones that come along.  Each race/video teaches me something new.  Maybe in a few races I will have it down to where we can all feel satisfied with the results.  I am getting better at this.  You will soon see.

<!--EDIT|GARY JAVO
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115448376 -->

Back