V rod vs Busa

Blaze, Hey I checked out the distance on Mapquest. It looks like sumter is about 134 miles south of Pinehurst, NC. There are probably a few more from NC that would like to hook up also (zukracer and dezzy to name two). Getting a bit cold for me to ride any long distance but Spring's around the corner. Up comming will probably be busabash 3 at deals gap and bike week at Myrtle Beach. Can't wait. Chris

biggrin.gif
I like the looks of the vrod and sad thing is they say it is the fastest harly they have
rock.gif
.... sad
cool.gif

I still wanna know why Beating a HD product is news... I mean, might as well tell about the Little girl with a lolly Pop you beat across the street... The outcome of a meeting like this is a forgone conclusion, you now like Night Following day...
laugh.gif

I did have an older "Real old School" Harley guy give me a run one night on the way to Jokers place. Old guy caught up a few lights later asking all sorts of questions and giving me the thumbs up.

He said "1300 Huh? Man that's a fast bike, I got 113 CI in this thing and I ain't never been left behind like that." Cool Old dude with the crazy beard, smoking a cigar as he went down the road. We rode together for about 6-7 miles, then at a VERY YELLOW light I stop quick and he apparantly didn't even want to try it and whistled through the light...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Almost the same thing happened to me and a couple buddies two weeks ago on i-95 in philly,we were heading to the usual spot cruising at about 80-90 when all of a sudden out of no where comes three dudes flat out on harleys wipping bye me and about 8 of my boys,well....needless to say.....120,130,140.....170 and all i saw were the harleys and all my boys on there new r1s and 1000rr headlights in my rear view mirrors...fading very fast!!!The busa is king and will always be,they all find out the hard way!!!
guns.gif
race.gif

I did have an older "Real old School" Harley guy give me a run one night on the way to Jokers place.  Old guy caught up a few lights later asking all sorts of questions and giving me the thumbs up.  
This guy was a motorcycle (Harley) rider and not a (Harley) owner.  I have found that the Harley owner is the ones with the attitudes, as a Harley rider are the cool ones.  Let me explain and maybe everyone can relate.  A Hardly owner owns a hardly, parked in the garage, less that 1000 miles on it in 6 months, has the decals, license plate, window sticker etc everywhere, as a Harley rider has the same things mostly, but he actually gets out there and rides. Opps, got off on a tangent.  What would have been cooler instead of just dusting him right out, is to stay right beside of him till he was maxed out, then just wave bye, and leave him/her in the dust.  Atleast that is what I do. But not that often.

I did have an older "Real old School" Harley guy give me a run one night on the way to Jokers place.  Old guy caught up a few lights later asking all sorts of questions and giving me the thumbs up.  
This guy was a motorcycle (Harley) rider and not a (Harley) owner.  I have found that the Harley owner is the ones with the attitudes, as a Harley rider are the cool ones.  Let me explain and maybe everyone can relate.  A Hardly owner owns a hardly, parked in the garage, less that 1000 miles on it in 6 months, has the decals, license plate, window sticker etc everywhere, as a Harley rider has the same things mostly, but he actually gets out there and rides. Opps, got off on a tangent.  What would have been cooler instead of just dusting him right out, is to stay right beside of him till he was maxed out, then just wave bye, and leave him/her in the dust.  Atleast that is what I do. But not that often.
I can agree with that, he was a cool old dude... But I didn't want to toy with him, because I don't want ANYONE thinking they "had EM' till 90MPH" or any of that BS.. STOMP EM LIKE YOU HATE EM'. Or stay outta the throttle completely... But toying with them could really give them the wrong impression.

Much better to have him fly by just as the light turns green while I am still foot down. And still pass him at about twice his speed while he is at full throttle before he can make it more than about 50 yards past the intersection.

I think that is what surprised him... I was dead stopped as he thundered into the intersection and I passed him in 1st gear FWO in a matter of seconds... front wheel hovering about 6-8"... It was entertaining anyway...

I also know that lot's of folks mess with ya just to see you go... OH and when a chick gives you the Wheelie sign? Give her the "pull up your shirt sign.." SUYT! Seems to work, you either get a show or a grumpy gal.... Win WIN!!!!

I agree...If they ask for it, then ya gotta give it to them 110%. No playing around. The most fun is when the High School kid in his "fast/furious wanabee" ride thinks they're hot, and you hand their a$$ to them with their girlfriend watchin from the passenger seat. Priceless!

Rev, I like the "win/win" tactics. Might have to try that sometime.
laugh.gif

thumbs-up.gif
Priceless and a reason to to put the passanger seat on the Busa every now and then
wow.gif
... Hey, if she's over 18... well... you know... Spoils of war and all of that!!!

Ya, v-rods, what a joke....why just the other day I beat the crap out of one with my new "Big Johnson".....wasn't even a race.......
jump9.gif

I dunno about junk... I mean I think it's still the badest Harley built yet. May not be all that fast when compared to a sportbike, but it's pretty cool.. Now if Harley would put the freakin VR motor into a Buell Chassis... That would be interesting...

Leave it to Revlis to point out a grand payback when you get the wheelie sign. It had never crossed my mind to get a payback from the girlies wanting to see a wheelie. I will have to try that next time, but it might be a while since winter is upon us here in NC.

Leave it to Revlis to point out a grand payback when you get the wheelie sign.  It had never crossed my mind to get a payback from the girlies wanting to see a wheelie.  I will have to try that next time, but it might be a while since winter is upon us here in NC.
Best part is, they show you their's you show um what they wanted everyone is happy... except their boyfriend...

OR

You get a free show and take the next offramp cause that's just the kind of guy you are...
thumbs-up.gif
He he he...

OK, True story, Back in college um... around 94 or so I am rollin down a quiet 4 lane road headed into Ft. Collins. Prospect, I think is the name. Anyway, I am minding my own business when I hear some hooting and hollerin. I look to my left just as a pickup passes me. Now in the bed of the pickup is 6 yes 6 girls. They are all lookin at me and the bike. Now I am not sure what brought it on but in sync all six pull up their shirts... and nearly get me killed... Yes gentleman 12 HOOTIE HOO's I was like the Freaking Count... "One, One Set of Hootie Hoo's, TWO, Two sets of Hootie Hoo's Bla Bla"

So there I am befuddled and at the same time completely stoked... They were about 2 car lengths ahead of me when ... Yup, they hooted again and sure enough... ALL Hootie Hoo's.... I still don't know what their point was? But it matters very little, we all walked away happy. they got to freak out the biker dude and make him wobble, I got to see 12 hootie HOO'S!!!!
thumbs-up.gif

So you gotta try the Hootie's For Wheelies thing, works pretty well...

thumbs-up.gif

Once I'm out in the sticks riding around minding my own and this brand new Dodge Hemi pulls next to me at a light . Its Cooter and his girl friend sally suckem silly. Cooter says you want to race that thing . I merely point at the light. The light changes and Cooter Hammers the Hemi (I was a little impressed ) I LET them get out about ohh 50 feet out in front of me , shifted to 2nd and cranked the throttle . I went by them so fast it looked they driving full speed backwards . I got to the next light which was like a mile or so down the road but Cooter never showed up . I even waited an extra revolution on the light.....OH Well.

any harley pretending to be fast is a joke. For a laid back ride tho and a different look, a souped up ultra glide sport is bearable. Then again why bother settling for anything less than a busa?

U go boy

V-Rob or HD = Hardly Driven (hardly Davidson) against a busa = Loss everytime

I hate Hardly's with attitude. Especially when they exibit lack of common sense and racing a busa shows lack of common sense
smile.gif
IMO

well i figured i chime in on this one since I own both bikes. It is true the busa is the baddest bike in the land. But to set the record straight my VROD in no means is slow or a pig. I have owned it since brand new back in may 03, i truly love it and wouldnt think of getting rid of it. Its got lots of BLING BLING harley chrome, but it also has alot of performance work done to it, ie...headwork, cams, exhuast, ecu upgrades, bigbore kit. It has put down 153 hp at the rear wheel with 112 ft lbs torque, by no means is she slow. Its loads of fun riding with my friends while there on the boytoy 600's 750's and i walk the dog on them. It is in no way a corner carver like they are but it makes up for it in looks and style. It has run a best time of 10.28 in the 1/4 mile at Virginia Motorsports Park.

I love BOTH of my bikes, but my Busa was bought for one reason...................Its the baddest bike in the land and it demands respect from your innerself as well as others.

And whats even funnier is that i typically dont ever get the typical "wave" while riding my VROD from fellow Harley owners its the sportbike crowd that shows love.

It has put down 153 hp at the rear wheel with 112 ft lbs torque,[/QUOTE]
It has run a best time of 10.28 in the 1/4 mile [/QUOTE]

now that is impressive

what mph did you do in the 1/4 ?

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106271621 -->

Back