Sunny day in Minnesota

Lazerblade

Protector of Freedom
Donating Member
Registered
Went home from work early yesterday. Sunny day and the temp was 52 degree’s. I had been thinking about this for a week. Began to move the Hayabusa around my basement so that I could point her at the door. Took about half and hour to get her all set up to drive out the basement door. Ground was hard and dry so everything was perfect. Turned the key and got Rrrrrrrrrr rrrrr rrrrr click click click. I could not believe it. I had started her every month in my basement and even trickle charged her.

So, now I am mad. I head off to the Suzuki dealership, buy a new set of Cortech gloves and go to the parts guy. “Can I help you?†he says. “I need a battery for a 03 Hayabusa†I say. “Hmmmm, we don’t have one for a 03†he says. “I can order you one and have it in about a weekâ€. Now, I am thinking, I bought this thing here last year and they don’t have a battery for it? Thoughts of waiting another week knowing the weather is going to be great even on this weekend sucked. So, I am thinking to myself that the 03 Hayabusa probably has not changed that much so I ask them if they have one for a 02 and the guy looks it up. They do have one and it looked the same so I buy it and take it home. Of course it’s not charged so I couldn’t ride last night.

I will try again tonight.

Damn! I call that "The F Me Factor"...no matter what you do, it's just not going your way...

Sorry you didn't get to ride...
mad.gif

I have plans to ride with Sledhead Saturday so I have to get it started. If the 02 battery will fit, I am good.

Thanks Michelle.

yeah lazer the 02 battery will fit no problem couldn;'t ya of charged ya old battery again? and got a start? i woulda ordered a heavy duty battery for it same size just more juice thats what i did but my bikes alittle punched up
cool.gif

I think the problem might have been my trickel charger. I have been thinking about it and the same thing happened to my Expedition about a month ago. Battery was low so I hooked up the changer and next morning the battery was dead. So, since my bike started all the time this winter in the basement and I hooked up the charger Tuesday night and it was dead Wednesday, that could have been the issue. I will try another charger. Worse case is I have an extra battery. Your right though, should have bought a heavy duty one from Batterys are us or whatever that's called.

Lazer,
Maybe I'm stating the obvious but...

Check to see if the batt has H2O, charging it constantly (even on a trickle) tends to boil off the water, killing the batt.

Have fun on the ride!

It was the trickel charger. Used a different one and it started right up today. Rode her for about an hour. Had to take it easy though because of all the sand still on the roads from winter. What a blast. I love her.

guess that means I'll have to get mine outta the basement huh Lazer? I'm gonna be riding a naked Busa come Saturday. Didn't get a change to put the panels on yet. And I'm too lazy to do it tonight! BUT...I know it'll start!! Been doin' burnouts in the basement for the last few weeks!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back