Turbocharged v-rod

Okay so I couldn't resist. I went to the dealer where the turbo v-rod was built. I had seen it there when I went to purchase buell pegs for me to try. So I tracked down their sales manager and inquired about the bikes power. His first question was, "Was he beating on it, I mean getting on it hard?". I said "Yes he was hittin it pretty good." He then asked "Did it sound bitchin?" to which I replied "Yes it did sound good from behind me as I pulled away from him." He said "WHAT?!". So I told him the whole story. It got even funnier after that. He said "Hey we can build one of those for you too." so I said how much? Oh I think that fellow paid around $24000 for his bike. I said damn I don't even have half that in mine. Hey then said "Oh he is also only running pump gas". Again I replied "Me too." So I asked him "So how much power was he making?" The sales manager said "I think he was making around 155 ponies at 6 psi at the rear wheel" Again I said "Huh me too, oh except no boost and naturally aspirated." He just coninued to try and sell me one of those bikes. Oh and just to let you all know the Screaming Eagle V-Rod is a street legal bike. They were trying to sell that bike to me with the addition of a turbo. It is a different model of v-rod than the drag version. However they told me they have the same bottom end and can spin safely up to 10000rpm. Oh they also said that guys rev limiter was set at only 6000 rpm, which didn't make sense to me as they said he was beyond break in and had just had the bike dyno tuned. Why not turn it up to 9000 or 10000. Anyway I had a great time telling them I watched him get smaller in my mirror and that it sure did sound "Bitchin". Later.

Well one thing he said was true, the Harley Eagle V-Rod does cost $24,000
wow.gif
! For what, I don't know, but that's what their selling them for
tounge.gif

Actually the dude that had the turbo bike paid $24000 turbo included. I didn't ask what the Screamin eagle bike cost. Still way too much for a bike in my opinion. don't get me wrong I was impressed with the bike as I didn't pull away that fast. I think maybe 12 bike lengths in a 1/4 from a roll. but it sure did take a lot of green for him to get that fast.

Well, he got a deal then, because at all three Harley dealerships I've seen them at, two were $24,000 and one was $28,000. And that's NON TURBO ! I think the regular run of the mill V-Rod goes for $18,000 around here
cool.gif

I ride with a lot of cruisers and a couple of the guys have tricked out V-rods.

One of them is turbo and he claims its maxed out. I leave him with no problem.

The other one is crazy fast, I hang with him but that bike pulls top end like a champ.

Back