I saw a motorcycle crash today!

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
I was behind this kid on a ZZR Kawi this morning. He was driving a little aggressive. He was leaving me at the lights (I let him:) He disappeared ahead of me and then I drove up at a light and he was on the ground. Witnesses said that a semi pulled out in front of him, but I am sure he was going a little fast. The also said that the semi driver was laughing as he drove away. That pissed me off. He had no gear on, he was OK, but his hands and arms were really messed up, but the helmet had no scratches expect a little one in the front. He is one lucky kid. Ill bet he slows down now!

Ride Safe!!!

Always seems to take alot of these younger dudes an incident like that to acquire some wisdom- The biggest problem (of which I am also a victim) is that you get so taken by the rush of the acceleration, you tend to forget the "what if" scenario...

BUSAFETT

I am in Orlando visiting right now. It seems like most motorcyclist ride pretty sensible, even though they all have gsx-r's. Maybe I'm in the wrong part of town. I envy the riding time, even though I can see the problem of whether to wear gear or not. It can get hot.

I envy the riding time, even though I can see the problem of whether to wear gear or not.  It can get hot.
I gave up feeling sorry for dimwits who ride without gear. There is no plausable excuse ever.

"Too hot to wear gear"...then its too hot to ride.Simple.

I'm tired of being a paying member of a medical system that takes care of gearless dummies.

Why should I have to pay to take care of them?

Especially the stunters. Half a mile long stand up wheelies wearing tennis shoes and a tank top. Duh.

It sounds harsh,but I dont mind seeing them crash.Sorta like folks go to Nascar events to see crashes and boxing matches to see guys get pummeled....same thing.

RSD.

I am in Orlando visiting right now.  It seems like most motorcyclist ride pretty sensible, even though they all have gsx-r's.  Maybe I'm in the wrong part of town.  I envy the riding time, even though I can see the problem of whether to wear gear or not.  It can get hot.
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

One more lesson about the importance of wearing your gear. He's lucky he wasn't hurt worse. Hopefully, he learns something from it all.

I envy the riding time, even though I can see the problem of whether to wear gear or not.  It can get hot.
I gave up feeling sorry for dimwits who ride without gear. There is no plausable excuse ever.

I'm tired of being a paying member of a medical system that takes care of gearless dummies.

Especially the stunters. Half a mile long stand up wheelies wearing tennis shoes and a tank top.  Duh.

It sounds harsh,but I dont mind seeing them crash.Sorta like folks go to Nascar events to see crashes and boxing matches to see guys get pummeled....same thing.

RSD.
same here. i cant feel sorry for someone who cant put gear on.

i just went down for the first time. i was on my 05' busa with 1100 miles on it. some guy in a lexus decided he wanted to pass me while i was turning. he cutt me of and then slamed on his breaks. i swearved to miss him but i went down and slid under his car. he saw me on the ground and laughed at me. he then took off as fast as he could. i didnt get his plate # but i was pretty shaken from everything. i got rashed up pretty bad on one leg and both arms. i broke the cartiledge on two of my ribs. it sucks. it could of been worse though. my bike is still ride able and i am still walking. just thought i would share my experience.

Witnesses said that a semi pulled out in front of him[/QUOTE]

As we all know, semis are notorious for darting out in front of traffic...damn things are like squirrels!

I am in Orlando visiting right now. It seems like most motorcyclist ride pretty sensible, even though they all have gsx-r's. Maybe I'm in the wrong part of town.
try heading a little south to the Kissimmee area...I visited there for almost the entire month of April....

it's like a squid farm there....every jerk-off HAS to go screaming from redlight to redlight.... a few of them without tail lights...alot of stretched bikes...all just riding like gearless morons. and this is all in the middle of the week!

a place like that is so full of tourists that have no clue where they are...are looking for the cheapest buffet to take their nine midwestern cornfed kids to....and then there are those
"immigrant visitors" that can't read english and have no clue as to the rules of the road to begin with.
they are all "mickey-fied" and confused by talking dogs.

if you aren't smart enuf to know when and when not to "play".... then perhaps you shouldn't be allowed to.

as for the trucker? that's a whole nuther story...I haven't enuf time in my life to address THAT issue.

seems to me that I recall leaving the scene of an accident is a crime...no? chase that trucker down and fire a few rounds in to the cab so he'll stop.

just be safe people..."choose" you moments to shine and get it home in one piece. I have torn up my rides in the past and know exactly how it feels when that wrist of mine developes a mind of it's own... it only ends badly.
you can't predict the actions of others...especially in traffic. your only option is to put yourself in the best defensible postition as much as you can while riding.

+1

I couldn't agree more RSD. I don't care if some punk from a squid biker club calls me a p*ssy for wearing gear in 105 degree heat (it actually takes guts for wearing leathers in weather that hot). But at least I wont be the one going to the hospital all F#cked up in road rash.

Kinda ironic too that most of these squids rear tires have planks instead of strips.

Especially the stunters. Half a mile long stand up wheelies wearing tennis shoes and a tank top.  Duh.

RSD.
same here.  i cant feel sorry for someone who cant put gear on.
Me neither
tounge.gif

Don't learn, then you BURN  
AAAssjani.gif
Road Burn that is  
firedevil.gif

Back