Harley crash

diesel

Registered
While I was out riding with Tspoole and our beautiful wives today, we were out in the country and we came upon this poor guy wandering all over the road bewildered and bleeding everywhere, roadrashed all to hell including his face. His little "beanie" helmet saved his skull a little but he had jeans and a t-shirt that didn't do much. I would guess it happened around 30-35 mph from the area he was in. The bike was completely upside down when we got there! I'm glad Scott was there cause it was HEAVY. We uprighted it for him to calm him down. He says a squirrel ran out in front of him. Ever see the Geico commercial with the squirrels?

DSC00906.JPG

You know, not to sound insensative, but I doubt hitting the squirrell would have done too much to that behemoth.

The rider is the white t-shirt guy. I wanted to get a pic of him, but it wouldn't be right, he was already upset and freaked out.

DSC00904.JPG

If you had seen what was left of his face, you would wear a fullface helmet EVERYTIME.

Our ride was great besides that.

DSC00905.JPG

Ouch!
crazy.gif

the squirrel thing is pretty damn funny though.

i killed a poor little bunny the other day. but he ran out from the left side of the road and i certainly wasn't going to start swerving to miss the poor little guy. i closed the throttle hoping he'd make it across, but the poor little dude bit it.
sad.gif

diesel, I gotta say, man, the most interesting stuff happens to you on a daily basis.
tounge.gif

Only when tspoole and I ride together!
smile.gif
You gotta have some stories to tell the grandkids! I think he just freaked when he saw the fury little shite and dumped it. I didn't see one anywhere.

I hit a small squirrel on the Busa about the second day I had it.  It just made a slight thump, I had NO time to react.  My worry is the friggin armadillos!!

I'm sure he was glad to have you guys there.  MAN that sucks!! The tracks look like he was down before he left the pavement???

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119158794 -->

Yeah, he surfed the pavement at least as far as the dirt tracks. He would have been ok if he went down in the grass.....or had on a shred of gear of course.. He's one guy who won't be making fun of sportbikers and our gear anymore I'm sure.

He should have known better than to throw his beer bottle away in front of the bike

Seriously though, I'm glad he's still breathing. Harley or not he's a fellow rider and I wish no bad to come
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|UR IT!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119159288 -->

thats fd-up i had that happen as a kid. comin back from dirt ridn goin around a curve at about 25 mph squirl clipped my front tire and i went down no gloves and took all the skin and nales of my right hand. did have on a helmet. lucky for me as i hit the right side of my face on the pavement also. SO SQUIRLS SUCK.. blu

He should have known better than to throw his beer bottle away in front of the bike

Seriously though, I'm glad he's still breathing. Harley or not he's a fellow rider and I wish no bad to come
wink.gif
hahahaha! "What's up, bra?! Did you throw a burrito out your window?"...remember, Jack Black, in "Anchorman?" Bwahahahaha!

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119187566 -->

Glad that you guys were there to help...sucks when ANYBODY goes down. Hopefully he will learn from this, wear your gear, and anything small like a squirrel....don't try to avoid hitting it or you will most likely be the one who gets hurt.

My Motto: If it runs in front of me, and it doesn't have a Social Security Number....it gets hit unless I guess it to weigh more than me. In the car, I ain't gonna swerve and risk losing it for anything less than a human being in the road. I saw a gal 2 cars in front of me on the highway wad her brand new Acura into the guard rail when she lost control swerving around an EMPTY PAPER BAG that blew out of the pickup she was following.

My Motto: If it runs in front of me, and it doesn't have a Social Security Number....it gets hit unless I guess it to weigh more than me. In the car, I ain't gonna swerve and risk losing it for anything less than a human being in the road. I saw a gal 2 cars in front of me on the highway wad her brand new Acura into the guard rail when she lost control swerving around an EMPTY PAPER BAG that blew out of the pickup she was following.
wow. not only a danger to herself, but others as well. that sucks.

The rider is the white t-shirt guy. I wanted to get a pic of him, but it wouldn't be right, he was already upset and freaked out.
A guy I know here in Lakeland just bought a purple Road King a few months back, I hope it wasn't him. You'll know it's him if his eyes are bloodshot and he smells like he's been burning something
rock.gif

Glad that you guys were there to help...sucks when ANYBODY goes down. Hopefully he will learn from this, wear your gear, and anything small like a squirrel....don't try to avoid hitting it or you will most likely be the one who gets hurt.
Yep , gotta wear your gear, don't s'pose you asked if the squirrel was ok ?

Back