Harley V rod

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 09 2006,21:25)
(SpeedGeek @ Oct. 09 2006,23:20) Triumph Rocket III 2300 cc.  What a GREAT bike.. and talk about TORQUE!!!  It DESTROYED my Busa in a top gear roll on to about 110 mph.
Did you forget to downshift???
No way you should have lost that race, torque monster or not!!!
TOP GEAR ROLL ON =

Both bikes in top gear... 6th for me, 5th for him (Rocket is a 5 speed.) 60 MPH and twist the throttle!  

Mind you that my bike is even geared down to 16/42 so it pullls harder in 6th than stock.  Those things make INSANE torque (65 ft lbs at idle!)  His Rocket has performance exhaust and retuned.  Don't underestimate one from a dead stop.  If the guy can ride, they will smoke ya for the first 50 ft.  Longer wheelbase, wide tire and low end torque... they post lower 60 ft times than 90% of Busa racers at the strip  
cool.gif

(SpeedGeek @ Oct. 09 2006,23:20) Triumph Rocket III 2300 cc.  What a GREAT bike.. and talk about TORQUE!!!  It DESTROYED my Busa in a top gear roll on to about 110 mph.
140 hp @ 5750 and 147 torque @ only 2,500 are impressive numbers, but it weighs 750 lbs!  How fast was the top gear roll on from?

(Over_Easy @ Oct. 09 2006,21:35)
140 hp @ 5750 and 147 torque @ only 2,500 are impressive numbers, but it weighs 704 lbs!  How fast was the top gear roll on from?
From 60 MPH. I started reeling him in about 110 and blew by him @140. But from 60-100 it was HANDS DOWN, ALL ROCKET. I couldn't believe it! It was a new experience, getting walked away from. Keep in mind that the exhaust system adds quite a bit of HP to it as well.

Granted I could have dropped a couple gears and it would have been an entirely different story.

The moral of my story was that there are alot better bikes out there to be had... why waste $$$ on a V-Rod?
rock.gif

After riding a Busa for a couple of years, I'm finding that nothing else I ride runs like I expect it to anymore. Once you get used to the big power the only thing thats gonna impress you is bigger power. So if the V-Rods making 120 crank ponies/80 ftlbs of torque, don't EVEN expect anything but what your gonna get......120 crank ponies with 80 ftlbs of torque  
wink.gif

Although 147 ft/lbs of torque at 2500 rpm is awesome!!
I'd love to try a Rocket. Although I still prefer the mad rush acceleration of a big fast sport bike over all else
wink.gif
tounge.gif
I have a vid of a Rocket street dragging a big sportbike of some type.....the rockets a monster outta the hole.....but once the sportbikes wound up its just plain gone. I'll try and post the pic, see if you guys can ID the sportbike. I think its a kawi of some type..9/10/12 maybe?

wink.gif

Back