There’s something that I’ve got to share…

SKECHE

Registered
It’s been over a month now and I still can see it like it was yesterday…
On April 7th, I went out for a ride thru town and I came up on another Busa rider. I’ve never seen nor met this guy before, but as I was approaching a red light I noticed that he turned on to a new rode that they just built to join two major highways. It has a nice long straight away, but towards the other end there’s a sharp curve (4 lanes - 2 westbound/2 eastbound) 30 mph zone. The other rider didn’t see me approach him, he didn’t even know that I was behind him; so as we turned on to the new rode he passed up a car that was in the outside lane which gave him the inside lane, I also passed the car in the inside lane but switched over to the outside lane as soon as I passed the car. Well by then I was at the speed of 70 mph when I came off the throttle and as he stayed in the throttle hitting a speed of 85-90 mph, he couldn’t make the sharp right hand turn and being he was in the inside lane the momentum pushed him across the other two lanes of traffic; (which no other cars were coming at the time), off the rode thru a wooded area hitting and bouncing off a few trees, he then came to a sliding stop on his back and the bike went thru a fence. I had made my u-turn and stopped the next car and had them call 911. I kept looking at the guy hoping that he would get up, but he was not moving. He had diedon the seen. He was wearing a helmet which few off during the accident. I hung around for a bit to give my statement to the cops and just to collect my thoughts. Some other people showed up after and was telling me that this was a brand new bike and that he just had some work done to it (lowered,extended,pipe). He was married and had two girls, 12 & 16. I went to the funeral just to pay my respects, even thou I didn’t know him, I thought that was the least thing I could do. I tried to talk to the family but it was too hard for me to stay around.
remember, if you're not familliar with the rodes, TAKE IT SLOW. :please:

Here are a couple of pictures of the bike.

wreck1.jpg

wreck2.jpg

Pretty stand up guy to show up at a funeral of a dude you never met. There has been an unusual amount of motorcyclist killed so early into the riding season.

Take it slow until you know the road. There are turns that you can't make at 90 mph! RIP :please:

Skeche,
This is a hard thing to handle, and may the rider rest in peace. I posted a similar story in the " are crashes inevitable" thread. In my situation though the rider is still alive. I call daily to check on him and plan to go visit this weekend if time permits. He's been in serious condition in the ICU for 3 weeks now. I would have gone sooner but the hospital is about 3 hours away that he was life flighted to. It's just one of those things that is hard to get out of your head. We both did all we could in our situation. It's human nature to feel terrible and concern for the people involved. It's almost difficult for me to ride my bike right now. Keep thinking "what if". I would hate for my wife/family to be in those shoes.

Tough thing to deal with but certainly not your fault. You did more than anyone could ask.

It's kinda eerie looking at pics of a bike who's rider crashed and passed.

Life and death are sometimes determined by the choice we make.

Choice, not chance determines our destiny!

RIP

So that is where you got the Gen2 tail for your bike! :laugh:

Had to try and lighten it up....:poke: Speed kills. Have to have self control with that throttle hand... Condolences to his family...

Thanks for sharing, bro! That has got to be tough. Very cool of you to pay your respects.

:please: RIP other brother! :please:

I had to wait until my wife walked away to view the pics. She doesn't need to see them. ???

thats a hard one to swallow, things like that will stay blazed in your mind for a long time, i know it would me. good of ya to go to his funeral:thumbsup: RIP rider.

Wow! Thats pretty sad!!! I was in a similar situation a few years back and even though the guy didnt die, the scene was so horrible I had nightmares for weeks !! RIP rider and hope you can move on soon!!!

Pretty stand up guy to show up at a funeral of a dude you never met. There has been an unusual amount of motorcyclist killed so early into the riding season.

It's like 40 motorcycle dealths so far here in SC compared to 105 last year and it still isn't summer yet, ride safe, prayers for the family:please:.

thats rough but i have nothing but respect for you for your actions... more ppl should have that kind of respec

Its just one of those things we go through as riders. Scary thing is that it will not be your last. RIP for the rider.

Back