Turbo Busa vs 10R / R1000

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
First off I dont plan on doing any of this this season , I am just thinking about it for now.

#1 how much is a turbo kit and what is the recommended stuff I need to do to a stock bike. Pipes, PC3 etc...from what I gather , to do it right id be looking @ $5000K +..this is damn near enough money for another bike altogether.

#2 How do an 05' GSXR1000 and a Kawasaki 10R differ from a stock Busa in terms of the launch and overall acceleration? From what I gather it seems like these bikes are getting in the low 9s stock which would be at least .5 seconds faster than the Busa....plus this is not factoring in how the lighter bikes feel launching which is just as important as the actual speeds.
Sure the Busa has more torque but it has 120+ pounds more to overcome...Id love to know how that translates to real world.

I guess my train of though is coming from it like this...I chose the Busa because I wanted a fast bike that did very well on the freeway. I got that, I have very happy and am not second guessing myself at all.....but I also sort of wished it was a little more wild.

I know for a fact that I am speaking a little too early because I have only launched the bike a few times to 10K in second gear ...actually ive never given it the full out run to redline in the first three gears. I was sort of saving that until after I get closer to 1000 miles on it...ive got 400 on it now and iwll have at least 500 on it by todays end.
Again though I am only considering this stuff now , I dont plan on doing it this season.
I am still very much savoring the break-in of my Busa and am concentrating on making that a priority.

Anyways from what I gather the 10R and R1000 are the fastest launching bikes on the market today , they feel fast and are a challenge to drive.
Rather then dropping $4000 on my Busa I am thinking perhaps I should just leave it alone and add a used 10R or something to the stable.

But if the 1000R or 10R did not feel considerably faster than the Busa then I guess it might not be the right thing to do.
Perhaps what will satisfy me the most is just adding a turbo to my Busa and calling it a day.
smile.gif

i just got my busa 2 days ago and i got 300 and somthing miles on it

before i bought it i priced out turbo's and i was going to go with the hahn stage one kit and with the kit and all the extra stuff i wanted it was goanna be about $5500 installed

this is with a better chain , upgraded clutch springs ,de restricted (no tre the guy modifies the bike electronically to remove the limiter) power comander , dyno tune yada yada yada

i want to ride the bike a few more days and see if i really want to go turbo .so far i love the bike and probably will go through with it

my only hurdle to overcome is the fact that i cant tuck under the stock sheild

i am goanna get a double bubble this week . if that fix's my problem then i am ready to decide on the turbo

i need to do this sheild cause when i get the speedo to 175 the wind pressure feels like i am going to get pushed off the bike so i couldnt picture it with 100 more hp

i hope the double bubble fix's that

if you dont know if you really want to go turbo look into some cams and head work

if it aint goanna be a turbo for me than i am goanna do cams , ported head and pipe and the tuner near me said he has set up many like this and it would be good for 185 to 190 rwhp

maybe you should wait till you try topping the bike out stock and see if you really need/want the turbo

i really thought i was goanna go turbo 100% but now i am like 50 50 between turbo or heads and cam and pipe

the bike is so fun to ride i may just want to add a little power instead of going the turbo route

i definitely dont want to add a longer swingarm . i love the way the bike handles now . it may not be as good as a liter bike but it handles good enough for me .the stock swingarm and a turbo may be  a handfull

hope my ideas help you

As far as the double bubble goes...I am with ya there. I am not really looking for top speed but rather faster acceleration. I can get partially under the stock shield but the wind buffeting noise is what bothers me. Changing shields can gain in wind protection and increase noise so I need to study up on what I am going to do there. Changing helmets might be the better answer for me.

So cam , headwork and a tuning is good for 185-190hp eh? That might be enough for me. What sort of dollar figure did you come up with? What full exhaust are you looking at?

I am with you on the swingarm part...mine is definately a daily driver and I would not change a thing in that department. I would not consider lowering it either.

Before you guys start spending all that money, do a gear change. Stock gearing is 17/40....try the 16/42 set up you'll like it. You will also need to correct for the speedo error....gears and a Yellow box or Speedo Healer will cost about $200.
wink.gif
The gear change will seem like you added 20-30HP.

Get a 1/8 thottle stop or when you take of reach all the way aound the grip so you can really pin the throttle. Then holla at me. Gearing didnt make that big a difference to me i wen 16t
wink.gif

Back