Funny quote from 10R review article...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I just ran across a link to a review of the 10R and found this quote funny... but true. This describes my bike as well as any written words I've seen anywhere.
devil.gif

This Ninja doth not suffer fools. It eats them. Whole. Any sportbike commands respect and first-rate skills. Kawasaki's all-new ZX-10R demands more of both than any motorcycle currently for sale, along with simply heroic willpower. Nothing in any showroom punts you forward with such pure, concentrated, brute force. Its predatory silhouette alone makes small children, domestic pets and impressionable girls hyperventilate. If it lived next door, the ZX-10R would bet heavily on the Oakland Raiders. It would own an overwrought Rottweiler named Cujo and play all 11 Metallica albums every weekend—with the dial cranked up to 11. Your mother wouldn't approve. Your black-sheep uncle doing time for armed robbery would advise against it. Twenty years after the first 900, Kawasaki's latest literbike is entirely stunning—and unmistakably a Ninja.[/QUOTE]

And a link to the entire article for anyone interested. If you're not interested, just don't click the link. No whining...
biggrin.gif

Motorcyclist ZX-10R Review

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106536851 -->

I just ran across a link to a review of the 10R and found this quote funny... but true. This describes my bike as well as any written words I've seen anywhere.
devil.gif

This Ninja doth not suffer fools. It eats them. Whole. Any sportbike commands respect and first-rate skills. Kawasaki's all-new ZX-10R demands more of both than any motorcycle currently for sale, along with simply heroic willpower. Nothing in any showroom punts you forward with such pure, concentrated, brute force. Its predatory silhouette alone makes small children, domestic pets and impressionable girls hyperventilate. If it lived next door, the ZX-10R would bet heavily on the Oakland Raiders. It would own an overwrought Rottweiler named Cujo and play all 11 Metallica albums every weekend—with the dial cranked up to 11. Your mother wouldn't approve. Your black-sheep uncle doing time for armed robbery would advise against it. Twenty years after the first 900, Kawasaki's latest literbike is entirely stunning—and unmistakably a Ninja.

And a link to the entire article for anyone interested. If you're not interested, just don't click the link. No whining...
biggrin.gif

Motorcyclist ZX-10R Review[/QUOTE]
The journalist doth wax lyrical...

I owned the first 900 Ninja back in the day. That thing was a whole lot of fun, I did a lot of scratching on that one. A lot of good memories.

So I'm sure the ZX-10R is more than capable of making time go backwards even faster.

If a bike is good, it's good. No whining here.

Can’t you find any friends on the ninja boards bullet? What kind of loser gives up his Hayabusa for a 10, and then still hangs around the Busa board? If you have friends on here, e-mail them. It’s funny you feel the need to give a review of the 10 each week; once would have been enough. It is classic reaction formation. You crack me up dude…
Here we go with the whining already...

I want to ride your 10, Bullet! I want to see if that thing is really the monster everyone says it is?

I was out playing on my GSXR1K a few day ago and decided I'd just see how hard I could pull from a dead start? I have never taken it to the drags and really had never jumped on it from a dead start! So, I ran her up, slipped the clutch to get a good launch and I had way more power than the chassy would take. I couldn't hold the front end down no matter how far I hug my long lanky body out over the windscreen. Shift to second, same senereo! couldn't hold her down! When I hit third at 100mph or so, I could hold it down with full throttle but the front tire was just tippy toeing on the pavement.

The moral of the story is: I'm not sure I could use any more power in the first 100mph? I could use a bit more as the speed increases but not a lot. So if your 10 has more HP, does it just make it harder to manage on the low end? I'm sure it will give you more top end and better accelleration from around 120 on up? But I'd just like to ride one to see for myself? I'm going to get a new 05 Gixxer when they become available and I'll keep you posted on just how much more, if any the new ones have?

Oh, BTW, I have one down in front and two up in the rear. Gives great low end power!

Can’t you find any friends on the ninja boards bullet? What kind of loser gives up his Hayabusa for a 10, and then still hangs around the Busa board? If you have friends on here, e-mail them. It’s funny you feel the need to give a review of the 10 each week; once would have been enough. It is classic reaction formation. You crack me up dude…
Sigh....

I'll bet even more people crack up just by looking at you. Must be how damn funny YOU look.

Enough already and change the damn channel. What, all 38 posts and a 0.10 PPD average? Dood....shut the fug up and get the fug out.

I'm sure the board doesn't need idiots like you. I can't even believe I wasted my time on this....

I want to ride your 10, Bullet! I want to see if that thing is really the monster everyone says it is?

I was out playing on my GSXR1K a few day ago and decided I'd just see how hard I could pull from a dead start? I have never taken it to the drags and really had never jumped on it from a dead start! So, I ran her up, slipped the clutch to get a good launch and I had way more power than the chassy would take. I couldn't hold the front end down no matter how far I hug my long lanky body out over the windscreen. Shift to second, same senereo! couldn't hold her down! When I hit third at 100mph or so, I could hold it down with full throttle but the front tire was just tippy toeing on the pavement.

The moral of the story is: I'm not sure I could use any more power in the first 100mph? I could use a bit more as the speed increases but not a lot. So if your 10 has more HP, does it just make it harder to manage on the low end? I'm sure it will give you more top end and better accelleration from around 120 on up? But I'd just like to ride one to see for myself? I'm going to get a new 05 Gixxer when they become available and I'll keep you posted on just how much more, if any the new ones have?

Oh, BTW, I have one down in front and two up in the rear. Gives great low end power!
I love sportbike journalists.  You'd think compared to a pre-'04  everything else would be like comparing a rowboat to the Budweiser hydroplane boat.  The new bikes are better in every department, but it aint that much different.  Running up to about 150 a 10r is about 2-3 bikes in front of me and g.....r....a.....d....u....a......l....l....y pulling away, while the 1000RR it seems to depend on who is shifting better or who gets the jump.  The only bike that has made me feel like I'm in a rowboat is a Hayabusa with a stroker.  My speedo said 172 and accelerating and he was gone gone gone.

<!--EDIT|r1R00KIE
Reason for Edit: "I can't spell"|1106557972 -->

Interesting thing, liter bikes. When I was shopping around for a bike around the time SUZ dropped their chart-redrawing 1000, I read ALL the reviews, sat on all the bikes, thought about everything I wanted from a super bike and throught the GSXR1000 was it. But after reading about how "Killer" a bike it was from so many different reviews, the subliminal message was that it took 136% of your concentration 170% of the time to ride it. Huh? I like riding but I don't want to have to WORK SO HARD at it like every stinking road is a freakin race track. Sometimes it is nice to just go forward. So, BT is your KAW A snaring, rabid pit-bull constantly tugging at the leash in your right hand forcing you to keep it from maiming horses and tearing up nearby small children, or can you just enjoy the ride? My last bike was a KAW 1000 and it was heavey, fast, fun, harsh... but now I ride a Busa which is like a cloud of cotton candy with lighting bolts for accelration at my EASY control. No more yelling at neighbors playing their telentless rock music too loud for me, thanks.

BT's been a valued contributor for a few years now and had a Busa for a while. He has nothing but friends here, and provided interesting input on a bike HALF of us have considered buying also. Keep up the good work BT. It's a free internet. I suppose if a bunch more people started liter posting, something should be done. But I doubt that would even happen.

Not that I care really, but why would somebody who sells a Busa for a 10 want to try and convince the rest of us that we drive inferior motorcycles...escpecially on a Busa message board.

I ride a bus and love it and he rides a 10 and I'm sure loves it. I am by no means laying judgement here...just curious. I personally would seek out a board (people) with common interests.

Just my lousy $.02

Bullett, You have to bring that thing up to the Gap this year when I can get up there. Sounds like an awesome bike!!
I still have my GSXR 1000, so I will bring it and the Busa up. Let me know if ya get any free time this spring. We have a free place to stay just 58 twisty miles from the Dragon.....Dave

I like this quote from the article.............................

And while that's sinking in, make a mental note to pack an extra Depends.

I've ridden a 10r and it is truly an amazing motorcycle, the only thing i didnt like about it was that it was a little "twitchy" coming hard out of corners. Neverless, it was at the top of my list of bikes to buy. I just preferred the looks and feel of the hayabusa over it, i love to ride and ride hard I will, but i dont want to have to be at full arms at all times just too enjoy.

BTW- I'm a "newbie" to these boards and I truly enjoy having someone like BT around, to me a little conflict of interest is good for all of us. Beside's I believe just the other day he even said himself "I miss my Busa" after sitting on one.
wink.gif

Funny article BT. After I test rode the R1, and upon hearing it described as a tamer version of the ZX10, I have an idea of what that bike's about.....
AAAssjani.gif
. It's all about what a person wants in his machine, not comparing to see which is better. The difference being we all have a slighty different definition of "better". It's all about having fun and keeping that smile on our faces. Ride safe, ride fun. To borrow a good quote from my buddy Desmo on the FZ1 forum, "Ride more, worry less".  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Red05
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1106582025 -->

Bite me a-hole... If you don't like the program, don't check this channel. You saw the title of the thread and still clicked it knowing you didn't want to see it. You're the one with issues. So again, bite me...

I have -1 sprocket up front and can still put an aweful lot of power to the ground and still keep the wheelies manageable. Yeah, it wheelies easier now, but it's not the wheelie monster I expected after the sprocket swap. I think full throttle would loop it, but when you practice proper throttle management you can blast HARD without fear of loopin' it.

Sigh....

I'll bet even more people crack up just by looking at you. Must be how damn funny YOU look.

Enough already and change the damn channel. What, all 38 posts and a 0.10 PPD average? Dood....shut the fug up and get the fug out.

I'm sure the board doesn't need idiots like you. I can't even believe I wasted my time on this....
Lol...
laugh.gif

I love sportbike journalists. You'd think compared to a pre-'04 everything else would be like comparing a rowboat to the Budweiser hydroplane boat. The new bikes are better in every department, but it aint that much different. Running up to about 150 a 10r is about 2-3 bikes in front of me and g.....r....a.....d....u....a......l....l....y pulling away, while the 1000RR it seems to depend on who is shifting better or who gets the jump. The only bike that has made me feel like I'm in a rowboat is a Hayabusa with a stroker. My speedo said 172 and accelerating and he was gone gone gone.
Those guys are only in the business of collecting advertising dollars. If they don't try to make the new bikes sell to the owners of the old ones the manufacturers wouldn't spend the big bucks on advertising with them and there'd be no magazine for them to work for. I take magazine reviews with a grain of salt, but if you read between the lines and throw out the "sales pitch" you can sometimes draw a pretty decent conclusion on what has changed from year to year, both good and bad.
wink.gif

Everytime you post something about the 10 makes me want a liter bike!!!!
I would never sell the Busa, well, because its just faster lol. But I have to tell ya I really wouldn't mind riding a 10 to check it out. I rode my buddies GSXR 1000 its a 2003 but didn't get on it. Infact I failed the damn Motorcycle safety course on it!!!!!! Yeah yeah I know I heard it all already. But hey I ace'd the course on the Busa
tounge.gif

Oh and as far as Wiseguy and crazybusa don't mind them they probably don't know you as well as others on the board.

I think full throttle would loop it, but when you practice proper throttle management you can blast HARD without fear of loopin' it.
That's another reason I love my Busa! I peg the throttle frequently [not in town] and just dont have to worry about loping it. I can work to bring it up, or just feel it pull forward. mmmmm can't wait for summer now!!!
biggrin.gif

So, BT is your KAW A snaring, rabid pit-bull constantly tugging at the leash in your right hand forcing you to keep it from maiming horses and tearing up nearby small children, or can you just enjoy the ride?

BT's been a valued contributor for a few years now and had a Busa for a while. He has nothing but friends here, and provided interesting input on a bike HALF of us have considered buying also. Keep up the good work BT. It's a free internet. I suppose if a bunch more people started liter posting, something should be done. But I doubt that would even happen.
I'd say the 10 is a highly trained pit bull that you could take to an elementary school for show & tell and let all the kiddies play with 'er. Ultimately under control, harmless, and enjoyable... until you give the "attack" command. The quotes I've posted here about "grab you by the nut sack" and the ones in the article I posted in this thread all apply only when you've given it the attack command.

I've been on several newbie paced rides on the 10 where I've both led and swept at beginner paces and I enjoy the 10 just as much on those rides as I do the nut sack twistin' runs.
wink.gif

And thanks for that last part. Ya'll (the ones that matter) know I'm not here slamming the busa, or trying to convert anyone. I'm just sharing my experiences and my excitement about my bike with some friends who happen to prefer and ride a different bike. That's all...
beerchug.gif

Not that I care really, but why would somebody who sells a Busa for a 10 want to try and convince the rest of us that we drive inferior motorcycles...escpecially on a Busa message board.

I ride a bus and love it and he rides a 10 and I'm sure loves it. I am by no means laying judgement here...just curious. I personally would seek out a board (people) with common interests.

Just my lousy $.02
Mind your own business... If you don't like the program change the freakin' channel. Just like cazy, you saw the title and knew it didn't interest you but you feel compelled to click, read, and post up your $.02... but somehow I'm the instigator... Yeah... Get a life and don't worry about what I post. How about that?

Back