I got whooped bya 10r

... a friend of mine got an 2005 10R , never let him pass me both on track and street , rider still a big factor for the outcome .

damn dude, you shoulda called me up. let me know next time and ill take him
wink.gif
not before you run me....
tounge.gif
whats up man, i almost forgot you were around. sorry. anyway pm me your number

<!--EDIT|psycobusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151274247 -->

man i will telly you i raced one at the track full exhaust slammed no nos and we where going pretty much a heads up all day against each other so yeah a busa can beat him no problem i did it you just have to know when to shift and how to run it cause the track owner told us both that that was some of the best bike racein he had senn there

Guys, Hayaboosta - two things I'm noticing: 1.) Practice, 2.) AirBox Mod/TRE

1. Practice - definitely will help (for all of us)
2. Airbox Mod and TRE - this is a big question...

Don't you need to pipe it and do the dyno commander with the proper maps? I have read on this forum in the past that people who had done the Airbox mod without a dyno commander, pipe, and map, actually realized a decrease in power. Am I smoking crack again on this?

GrabnTwist - Daniel, chime in here... isn't this something he has to put together right? I know he could do great with some practice - but he's got a power loss problem going on here doesn't he?

Hope I'm going down the right path with this....

yes he does you need to pipe it to use the full feature of the box mod the tre isnt doing anythingfor power you need a pipe you might be robbing power now start by going with a smaller tooth sprocket in the front. then get a full system and a pc3 with a good map and the pair block off
and you will see your busa WAKE UP
then go practice on some backroads somewhere

yes he does  you need to pipe it  to  use the full feature of the box mod  the tre isnt doing anythingfor power  you need  a  pipe you might be robbing  power now  start by going with a smaller tooth sprocket in the front.  then  get a full system and a pc3  with a good map and the pair block off  
and you will see your busa  WAKE UP
then  go practice on some backroads  somewhere
+1

Jinkster I think you hit it right on the head. I would go down 1 in front and up 2 in the rear. The Busa pulls enough gear for 215 on the speedo and those bikes will never pull all of that. I dragged my GSXR 1100 in the 1/8th got 6.6 Busa alot more power same weight or within 10 pounds and the best on a Busa in stock trim was like 7.1 both bikes similar setups no strapping it down no lengthening etc. Stage 3 jet kit, Clutch kit and Micron pipe on 1100 Two Brothers pipe PC and BMC airfilter on Busa. Gearing was changed on the 1100 down 1 in front up 2 on rear. I only shift the Busa once in the 1/8th mile and its a real Biotch to launch a clutch mod would help it as a drag bike for sure.

last night I ran my friend on his 10r
stats.

Zx10R=
Arata exhaust system
Power commander and map
K&N filter
Rider- 150lbs

Busa=
Airbox mod
TRE
Rider- 195lbs

First race:  went from a 40 roll I get the jump, pretty good, I am not paying attention and hit the limiter for a second, then did it again in 3rd.  When I hit the limiter in 2nd, I shifted to 3rd then he over took me.  I shut down after be put 4 bikes on me.  He was running away.

Second race: 40 roll The bike came up on me in first, I always start in 1st from a roll.  by 3rd he was walking me

Third race:  from a stop I get the hit. I stretch the tach to 5500k slip the clutch, twisted and the bike immediately did a wheelie off the line from stand still.  (my buddy was just sitting there waiting, watching for me to go. He sees me go into a wheelie instantly while sling shooting forward and was like oh ####, cant catch that)  then after it came down the handle bars got a little floaty, I just rode it out. Then it started comming up again, brought it down. Shift that biotch into 2nd, when I get into 4 he starts to walk me again!

Fourth race: Mush like the 2nd one, me wheelie, then he pass me sometime after 2nd gear.

But a 10R is strong as hell when coupled with a light rider!!  First race I was like wtf?!

I am asking, is this something that is fixable with a good pipe, pc, tune and POSSIBLE gearing change -1/+2?

But I got the opportunity of a lifetime to make some great money!! Hard work, dedication. But I will do it!

So that means, hopefully soon enough, the bike will get attention.  I want to do the NA big bore route and bolt on before I think about turbo.
The 10R is over 100lbs lighter than the Busa, puts out about the same peak horsepower, he has a pipe, power commander and a K&N filter.........PLUS he's lighter than you and the Busa's geared for an actual 200 mph at redline....the 10's somewhere around the mid 180's actual speed or so I think. And all you have is an airbox mod..which doesn't do jack compared to what he had
wow.gif
The outcome was pretty much pre-determined here I think
wink.gif
You need to drop your front sprocket to a 16 or your back to a 43 just to be geared even. Then you need your pipe and power commander/BMC filter and you'll be just fine. Just be sure that he doesn't have more than he's telling.....I know many guys who gear a bike down and not admit it...me included. Its just all part of the game lol
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Hey guys I am up here in Missouri, made my 13hr/650mile trip up here to see my baby
smile.gif

I just weighed myself, I am 179lbs. I have to agree with the practice, this is my actual first race since owning the bike. I have raced cars but thats nothing, thats just speeding away from cars no skill needed in that I think. But this is my first race, racing a bike. And let me tell you, there is a difference 'racing yourself' like getting on it, than racing someone for real because I have to make the bike come up at 40mph. During the race we started at 40mph but it did not come up till later and could not stop comming up.

btw the busa is a BAD ASS TOURING Bike. this is my first long ride past the 2hr mark. NO vibrations putting my parts to sleep, stock screen with no hurt neck, My butt was hurting the first 150miles then stopped as it got used to it. But I got a walkaround after 220+ miles when I needed gas, or make a call etc. My wrist chimed in twice, did not hurt but needed a few seconds to relax. NONE of my parts were sore when I got off!! I also had a full backpack on and my shoulder or back were not even the slightest sore, I forgot I even had a back lol
smile.gif
I am 179lbs/6ft tall. and stock parts on the bike and it fit me perfect.

smile.gif

Back