Stock ZX-10R vs Piped 2000 Hayabusa

btreaves

Registered
This past Saturday I finally got a chance to get a race the infamous ZX-10R. I race a this guy who has a bone stock ZX-10R with over 1,000 miles on it. We did three 2nd gear roll-ons on a stretch of road that I can get up into 6th gear and hold it. I've achieved 205mph (speedo indicated) on this stretch of road before I had to shut down. Anyway, this guy was so confident in his ZX-10R against the big old heavy ass BUSA that he offered me the "hit", so I took it. (Mind you I have a BDE Exhaust System w/BDE Mapping and Airbox Mod, but the motor is completly stock with over 30k miles).

1st run - We are side by side...I look over, he's ready in full tuck. I look back down the road and then I hit it. We're off...I immediately pull away...I can see that he's close behind cuz his headlight is lighting up pavement in the other lane, but by 4th gear I'm pulling away hard and he ain't gonna come around on the big end. He's toast. But he wants to do it again. I wasn't sure why, but WTF. He says he was running out of road...I was like...Running out of road??? I'm thinking, is he actually catching me?

2nd run - Same race...I have the hit and he wants me to have it, so I took it. I hit it, I pull ahead, he's close for a second, but he can't come around.

3rd run - This time I really wanted to see what was going on. It's hard to see what's going on behind you when you're out in front. Is he closing the gap??? Am I pulling away??? So this time I gave him the "hit" and I'm a bike lenth behind. So he hits it, then I hit it. He pulls 1, 2, 3, maybe 4 bikes on me...I'm a bit concerned actually, but then it happens...As I go to 4th gear I started picking him up and now we're locked, then I begin to get tunnel vision and everything except the road ahead is blurred (You know like in "Biker Boyz"). As I'm looking at the back of his bright green ZX-10R I notice that now he's coming back to me... By the time I shift into 5th I'm completly around him and pulling away with authority. That was the last run.

We stopped to talk about what we each witnessed and he said, "I can't believe you came around me!" That made my day.

It was a good day!

HOORAH! CHALK ANOTHER KILL FOR THE BUSA. BET HE'S GOT MORE RESPECT NOW. LIL KAWI BOY!
mad.gif

GOOD JOB!!

1st run - "by 4th gear I'm pulling away hard and he ain't gonna come around on the big end.  He's toast." (true!)

"But he wants to do it again."  (Pure denial)

2nd run - "Same race... but he can't come around." (The funny thing is that he keeps trying)

3rd run - "It's hard to see what's going on behind you when you're out in front." (Aint that true!!!)

"So this time I gave him the "hit" (You could give him two hits and he wouldn't win)

"but then it happens..." (Ahhhhh, the Busa force!)

"As I'm looking at the back of his bright green ZX-10R I notice that now he's coming back to me... By the time I shift into 5th I'm completly around him and pulling away with authority.  That was the last run." (Another satisfied Busa customer)

"I can't believe you came around me!"  (Still in denial)

"It was a good day!" (Ditto!)
My favorite quotes...

I can't wait to run a new 10. I've done lots of roll ons with a new R1 and those things are FAST. It's pretty amazing though that a stock litre bike can keep up to a Busa or a ZX12. I find the same thing happens with the R1. We get to about 140 or 150 mph and I start to pull away. Lots of fun.

ye HAW!!!!!!!!!!!
ride'em cowboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rollin, rollin, rollin, RAWHIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds a little more exciting than my R1 run...
laugh.gif

I tell you guys what!!! Don't mess with my Ninja 636
biggrin.gif
I will run you for pinks anytime and I pick the road!!
biggrin.gif

Good kill!!!

biggrin.gif

Back