Arata exhaust system
Power commander and map
K&N filter
Rider- 150lbs

Busa=
Airbox mod
TRE
Rider- 195lbs

First race: went from a 40 roll I get the jump, pretty good, I am not paying attention and hit the limiter for a second, then did it again in 3rd. When I hit the limiter in 2nd, I shifted to 3rd then he over took me. I shut down after be put 4 bikes on me. He was running away.

Second race: 40 roll The bike came up on me in first, I always start in 1st from a roll. by 3rd he was walking me

Third race: from a stop I get the hit. I stretch the tach to 5500k slip the clutch, twisted and the bike immediately did a wheelie off the line from stand still. (my buddy was just sitting there waiting, watching for me to go. He sees me go into a wheelie instantly while sling shooting forward and was like oh ####, cant catch that) then after it came down the handle bars got a little floaty, I just rode it out. Then it started comming up again, brought it down. Shift that biotch into 2nd, when I get into 4 he starts to walk me again!

Fourth race: Mush like the 2nd one, me wheelie, then he pass me sometime after 2nd gear.

But a 10R is strong as hell when coupled with a light rider!! First race I was like wtf?!

I am asking, is this something that is fixable with a good pipe, pc, tune and POSSIBLE gearing change -1/+2?

But I got the opportunity of a lifetime to make some great money!! Hard work, dedication. But I will do it!

So that means, hopefully soon enough, the bike will get attention. I want to do the NA big bore route and bolt on before I think about turbo.

Talk to Burt, he's got a dry kit,put it on and punk this kid on the 10R.he's got about a 180lb weight advantage on you.

I think the zx10R is a pretty awesome bike (it ain't a busa but it still rocks). Should things go my way, I may be in the market for 2nd bike...I am thinking 10R. As I ride daily, the 10R would be my daily beater
tounge.gif

I think a jet black 10R sitting in the garage next to my '06 black/grey Busa would be an impressive site.

The 10r is a very quick, powerful bike. Personal I think a little twitchy like the earlier R1s but a very good bike. Black is my favorite too. I'm waiting to sneak a ride on the '06 R1 myself. Don't feel bad at a 200 lb. difference it's bound to give you a run for the buck.

If I buy a daily beater it will be a Gixxer 1000. I am trying to convince the wife I need on to keep the miles lower on the Busa. She is not buying it.

Don

Not to flame but,,, Why not learn to ride the Busa and then race this guy. It seems to me that your lack of control is what caused you to loose. Adding more power to the Busa will not control hitting the rev limiter or bringing the front end up. Learn from what it looks like he did, he stayed in control, watched his opponent and then took advantage of your weaknesses. Not bashing anyone ,just going by what I read in your descriptions of the races.
smile.gif

The 10R is a nice bike, but it still came down to the rider in this case. As Fugly said, he took advantage of your inability to control the Busa. Had that not happened it probably would have still been close, but at least he wouldn't have walked you.

valiant effort and thanks for sharing hayaboosta03 but the deal is this...the latest crops of liter RR's have as much if not a tad more rwhp than a busa...they are also about 100lbs trimmer than the busa...roll-ons with any of'em that start at speeds of less than triple digits will be an enlightening (if not shocking) experience for the busa owner..this includes R1's, Gixxer1000's, ZX-10R's and even 1000RR's.....busa will have it's hands more than full with any of'em engaging at speeds less than triple digits...break the ton?..and things begin to change...as past the ton is where the busa's areodynamics and monster torque just begin to shine against the liters....as in...manages to keep up with'em...where the busa will begin to walk them starts somewhere's between 150-160mph......if you're tucked real tight....with riders of equal size and weight...but porky on a busa catching a panty waist stick man on a 10R?.....maybe in a 100 mile stretch. LOL!

The busa has 2 strikes against it for this sorta action....it's heavy and geared too tall...the later can be remedied....matter of fact?..I'm looking for a 42T rear sprocket and speedo-healer as I type this...any deals out there?...speak up board sponsors...sale in waiting and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

btw...I won't go hyper-liter because I love the busa's torque and high speed stability...the later coming by and large from it's aero's and weight...ST'ing on a fly-weight liter blows. L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Seems that in a drag race, a lighter bike and rider with about the same horsepower is always going to be quicker. Not faster, but quicker. If that's what you're looking for, maybe you need a second bike--like a Gixxer 1000?

I think the zx10R is a pretty awesome bike (it ain't a busa but it still rocks). Should things go my way, I may be in the market for 2nd bike...I am thinking 10R. As I ride daily, the 10R would be my daily beater  
tounge.gif

I think a jet black 10R sitting in the garage next to my '06 black/grey Busa would be an impressive site.
OMG I'm quoating myself  
tounge.gif

Just came from the dealer and sat on the 10R...I don't know, just doesn't feel right. Not to mention the Busa is well...perfect.

Maybe I just need a second busa  
idea.gif

Quciker Shmicker the 10r is not the bike the Busa is.
There is more to a bike than just an 'nth of a second on 1/4 mile times.

I'm thinking of dropping in a Power Commander and Hindle full exhaust, just for me, not to beat anyting or anybody.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151250173 -->

tounge.gif

Not to flame but,,, Why not learn to ride the Busa and then race this guy. It seems to me that your lack of control is what caused you to loose. Adding more power to the Busa will not control hitting the rev limiter or bringing the front end up. Learn from what it looks like he did, he stayed in control, watched his opponent and then took advantage of your weaknesses. Not bashing anyone ,just going by what I read in your descriptions of the races.
smile.gif
+1

valiant effort and thanks for sharing hayaboosta03 but the deal is this...the latest crops of liter RR's have as much if not a tad more rwhp than a busa...they are also about 100lbs trimmer than the busa...roll-ons with any of'em that start at speeds of less than triple digits will be an enlightening (if not shocking) experience for the busa owner..this includes R1's, Gixxer1000's, ZX-10R's and even 1000RR's.....busa will have it's hands more than full with any of'em engaging at speeds less than triple digits...break the ton?..and things begin to change...as past the ton is where the busa's areodynamics and monster torque just begin to shine against the liters....as in...manages to keep up with'em...where the busa will begin to walk them starts somewhere's between 150-160mph......if you're tucked real tight....with riders of equal size and weight...but porky on a busa catching a panty waist stick man on a 10R?.....maybe in a 100 mile stretch. LOL!

The busa has 2 strikes against it for this sorta action....it's heavy and geared too tall...the later can be remedied....matter of fact?..I'm looking for a 42T rear sprocket and speedo-healer as I type this...any deals out there?...speak up board sponsors...sale in waiting and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I agree with "Sweet William" except for maybe the Honda?

Don't feel bad, lots of guys get spanked on their busa now days. The day of the busa being the king are behind us. She can still run with the best of them but if you fart while on the throttle, a liter bike is going to pass you. And as Bill said, if you let a liter bike get the jump on you, you won't catch him until after you have passed the 160 mark and that only leaves you about 20 mph to play in and unless you have miles of road, you have been spanked :-)

before you go adding power to the beast, learn to use what you have better-stretch it, drop it, don't change gears yet, just make the bike easier to handle....biggest mistake i ever made, n almost cost me the life of someone I love- went out friday n did sm. airbox mod n loaded a new map...rode it home n played on the freeway w/it a bit, but no off-the-line testing...next day, tried to give it too much off the line....well, read my other post on here from 6/24. Hope it sinks in. Please do your racing where no others can get hurt; including yourself. Busted egos heal faster than bones.

cool.gif
I agree with "Sweet William" except for maybe the Honda?

Don't feel bad, lots of guys get spanked on their busa now days. The day of the busa being the king are behind us. She can still run with the best of them but if you fart while on the throttle, a liter bike is going to pass you. And as Bill said, if you let a liter bike get the jump on you, you won't catch him until after you have passed the 160 mark and that only leaves you about 20 mph to play in and unless you have miles of road, you have been spanked :-)
You are both right, but we have something they never will.

A <table style=filter:glow(color=red)><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>BIG AZZ</span></table>Kanji on the side and we own a piece of history.  Very few motorcycles have ever made the impact on the cycling world as our wonderful Busas.

And for $4200 you can add a supercharger and be done with it. 240whp

Don

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151256928 -->

smile.gif
+1
+2, got so excited with the thought of an R1 beside the Busa forgot this half, proably the most important half.

ps - I'm an R1 guy myself. Only because (poor reason maybe) The stock ergos fit me so much better and my family owned a dealership for 20+, Yamas being one them I've always kept a soft spot for them I guess.

I wouldn't go for, another bike...put more love to your busa, she will love you back...go for the turbo...thats what I'm thinking...you talking about shooting a streat line and loosing it? with the busa? can't breath nomally...first, you have to study your buddy 10R, to see how he run...
this is what seems, like lack of riding technics here...
you are not saying this 10R is faster than a busa is it?
rock.gif

Back