Any experience with a zx-10r

Wolfman

Registered
Hey guys. I have a friend who can't stand for anyone to have someting faster than him. Me and him went through this before when he had a 3oozx and I had a RX-7. He lives in KY and found out that I have a 'busa and has been flipping out wanting to race me. So the next time I go there to visit my family he wants me to bring my bike so we can race. He has an '05 ZX-10r with a micronslip-on,powercommander,-1 in the front, and a K&N and a tre. Right now I have yosh rs-3 bolt ons, -1 in the front, BMc race filter, and a power comander. By the time I race him though I will have a full D&D 4-2-1 system and probably stretched four inches. He will perobably want to run me top end unless he is stupid enough to think he can beat a 'busa in the quarter. So what do you guys think? I know the ninja has awesome top end.

By racing you mean Drag racing for 0 to ?, 1/4 mile , or race on a trackday ? If you mean Drag you should have him if he isn't real good. Because he'll keep bringing the front tire up to heaven everytime he shifts. Top speed, you should have him ! Track day on the twisty track, he will eat you alive, if he's any good that is  
tounge.gif

zx10 is a fast bike , if he can ride it , you cant afford any mistakes ! you can bet he will be layin down on that tank triin to keep the wheel down !
biggrin.gif
but is the same with any of the liter bikes , a good rider /racer will eat a novice busa pilot up !

I was challenged to a 1/4 mi race from a guy on a zx10. Declined because the bike is fast as hell. Almost as much HP and less weight.

Top end run you probably have him covered, depends on who has the biggest balls.

!/4, with a 4 over, you should have no trouble at all, if you know how to launch.

JUST BE CAREFULL
wink.gif

Practice, Practice, Practice lauching and shifting. maybe drop to a 16t and you'll eat him up on the drag strip.

I know he will beat me in the twisties. He is bigger than me. Well weight wise anyway. I probably have the bigger balls.I already have a 16 tooth. Drag racing I am not worried about. I was just wondering about top end. That is probably how he would want to race. I mean with the mods he has I still have a lot more torque than him so he probably won't drag me.

At this level, its all about the rider.
Agreed.

Don't underestimate the 10 (or any other liter bike) in the 1/4. As quoted, it'll come down to the rider. Yet still, the 10 is one helluva bike.

Top end ... he might pull on you for the first 3 or 4 gears, but you should start to reel him in at about 150. You mentioned he's bigger than you. Depending on how much bigger, he may not pull on you at all.

Good luck.

I know he will beat me in the twisties. He is bigger than me. Well weight wise anyway. I probably have the bigger balls.I already have a 16 tooth. Drag racing I am not worried about. I was just wondering about top end. That is probably how he would want to race. I mean with the mods he has I still have a lot more torque than him so he probably won't drag me.
"UH" a little hint here, during my experience in the Military (30 years) all the guys with the biggest balls are all dead
sad.gif
. But the guys with the most talent and skill are mostly all still around to ride whatever they want
smile.gif
. Just having a lot of courage and little or no talent or skills can; at the least; get you hurt. At the worst, it'll get you killed
grim.gif
. My suggestion to all you guys who want to race, go to a track school. Then when you race someone at 90% of your ability, you'll always WIN. That is, unless they've been to school also
laugh.gif

Be carefull, it could go either way. Like many have said here the 10 has a brutal power delievery and the front wheel is gonna be his problem...top end should be yours but remember, those liter bikes are fast mofos...stay calm, stay cool, stay collected, stay focused, were counting on you to speak loudly for us
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

yeah i have raced one full muzzy on his pc111 and -1 front tooth to close for comfort.. top end you will have him but in the quarter you will need the practice. if he is slammed and strapped you will be fighting each other for the title of wineer me and the zx i went against where goin back and forth good luck and if you get into trouble let us all know

The new liters are NOT TO BE TAKEN LIgHTLY. 60mph roll ons: you should have no problem. STay hard in the powerband and shift before the limiter. Get a good tuck underneath the windscreen and dont look back. Track: if he's pretty good you don't have a chance. It takes a REALLY GOOD Busa pilot to beat an average to slightly above average liter pilot. Drag: should be all you but make sure your launch is good.

+1 to everyone who said not to take it lightly. I used to ride with a guy who had a 10 and they are for sure fast. From a dead stop you should tear him up if you can launch half way decent. The 10 likes to show its belly real easy so if you get a good start you are good to go. Top speed from say a 40 to 50 mph roll-on, give it hell and time your shifts before the rev limiter and you will be fine. Even if he jumps you a little on the take off you should reel him in once you hit around 140 or so. Don't try to run with him in the twisties because a under a decent rider those things are on rails.

Back