ZX-10R Horsepower

The new Honda @ 153rwhp just posted a 10.24@ 140. Busa has been unchanged in five years and runs a 9.88@ 143. Better power to weight doesn't matter much if the front end won't stay down. Story is going to be the same for the zx10 and r1.

*80 lbs of torque..........still close to 20lbs short of the Busa! and torque numbers are what you can feel in the seat of your pants, in the real world.
all_coholic.gif
Not when the Busa weighs 100+ lbs more.  I love the Busa, heck, I have two, but Suzuki has not substanially updated the Busa since day one.  It is in its 5th year of production with no major changes.  I agree that the Busa stands on its own for comfort, style, etc., but technology wise, it is rapidly becoming a dinosaur...  just da facts boyz.  And frankly, it gets spanked pretty hard as soon as the road takes a curve by these light weight liter bikes.

Do I care, not really, but I will probably soon sell the non-turbo busa in leu of some new liter technology...   just how the cookie crumbles in my opinion.... And the 1300 vs. 1000cc argument is getting weaker too as technology improves you will likely see small displacement motors with more and more power... cc's do not always equal more power... if that were true, you would see a lot of early 70's Cadillacs with 500+ci motors kicking porshes around the block...

<!--EDIT|Doc_Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078934593 -->

Ummm...

Make that 164 Dynoed HP.......
wow.gif

Happy dyno? I don't think so.
The Zuk is right on par at 152, that's the norm. It says right their they dynoed them all in ONE day... This is going to be one FUN bike to race!

Anyone got a chance to roll on with one yet?
race.gif

You know, I have not seen one dyno sheet from an 04 R1 that did not have that ugly weak spot in the mid-range. Every one I have looked at are pretty sloppy lookin. Maybe it's not "the one" after all...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

What technology do litre bikes have that's missing in the Busa? High strung 12.5 to one motor. You can bet that 1000cc motor putting out 155 rwhp won't have the durability of the busa motor. Handling? Busa was never designed to handle like a litre bike. Quarter mile? The Honda already has better power to weight ratio than the busa, but it can't match the busa's stock 9.88. Proves the point that drag racing is more than just power to weight. I don't believe that when all the dust clears, any pure stock litre bike will beat the busa's 9.88.

<!--EDIT|srmbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079101106 -->

What technology do litre bikes have that's missing in the Busa? High strung 12.5 to one motor. You can bet that 1000cc motor putting out 155 rwhp won't have the durability of the busa motor. Handling? Busa was never designed to handle like a litre bike. Quarter mile? The Honda already has better power to weight ratio than the busa, but it can't match the busa's stock 9.88. Proves the point that drag racing is more than just power to weight. I don't believe that when all the dust clears, any pure stock litre bike will beat the busa's 9.88.
Dont forget we have to let that 100 pound, drag racin, bad ass, little guy do the testing. Most humans can't do what he does with a bike.

True, but remember, when he leans on the front end of that litre bike, trying to keep the front end down, he's gonna wish he wighed 250 lbs.

*80 lbs of torque..........still close to 20lbs short of the Busa! and torque numbers are what you can feel in the seat of your pants, in the real world.
all_coholic.gif
Not when the Busa weighs 100+ lbs more.  I love the Busa, heck, I have two, but Suzuki has not substanially updated the Busa since day one.  It is in its 5th year of production with no major changes.  I agree that the Busa stands on its own for comfort, style, etc., but technology wise, it is rapidly becoming a dinosaur...  just da facts boyz.  And frankly, it gets spanked pretty hard as soon as the road takes a curve by these light weight liter bikes.

Do I care, not really, but I will probably soon sell the non-turbo busa in leu of some new liter technology...   just how the cookie crumbles in my opinion....   And the 1300 vs. 1000cc argument is getting weaker too as technology improves you will likely see small displacement motors with more and more power...  cc's do not always equal more power... if that were true, you would see a lot of early 70's Cadillacs with 500+ci motors kicking porshes around the block...
agreed, but doc you have too agree there is more motor to work with (mods) if its a horsepower game. changing the exhaust and a remap will drop 30lbs. and give 8 hs not to mention torque figures.its all a pissing match really.

Back