ZX-10R Horsepower

BusaFever

Post ***** Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
161.8 hp
80 Tq
wow.gif

Looks a little weaker than the GSXR1000 in the midrange but O MY GOD what a top end!

Sport Rider ZX-10R Dyno

I haven't heard of many busa's putting out 161 hp stock.

Talk about one helluva ride!

Oh ya, the links at the bottom of that page give some good info on the other 04 literbikes....

Most likely a blue printed engine. It would be interesting to see what the floor models will pull on the dyno.

i looked at one on the floor.. one of the green ones... everything looks small compared to the 'bus. i thought the chains were funny.. green to match the plastic.. haha.

They do look alot smaller, and more uncomfortable (that is a given). But the orange one looks alright.

... and by 2007 most mopeds will have 220 bhp and be capable of 300 mph...
tounge.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Don't forget the Kawi will weigh about 100 lbs less than a busa. 184 hp & 375 lbs according to Kawasaki's own ad.

Most likely to the crank. about 150 to the wheels. Still alot of hp for a 376 lb bike. Hope is can put the power to the ground........

I personally love it........... Maybe this is just the wake up call Suzuki needs if they want to keep the Busa on top! My guess is that the 05 will be changed.......

I understand the Busa is still king, however I'm glad to see the heat is on in the race to be king!

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: "Clarify my stand on this issue..."|1078686313 -->

not again...... jeez!

you guys need to look at the numbers. those are CRANK hp's, not AT THE WHEEL!

BHP vs HP vs torque can be a little confusing........ But, I'm sure everyone will get it someday.
smile.gif

Ok, someday has arrived.....
To learn about the importance of BHP, HP, Torque please read here. READ ME even though this article pertains to cars the same principal applies to motorcycles.....

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078686243 -->

not again......   jeez!

Er, these are DYNO runs -- that means rear wheel HP. That's one powerful motorcycle, BTW. OTOH, what the heck is a ZX-12R for, again? I predict that either they're going to drop that model or next year's is going to be a doozy.

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: "Fergot stuff"|1078692248 -->

I've heard a lot of talk about new litre bikes being able to "smoke" the Hayabusa... Honestly? I doubt that the busa will be beat. After all, it IS the fastest production bike ever made... and besides, whatever happened to that contract that the major motorcycle companies signed that would restrict top speeds and such? I hope that the busa doesn't get beat... but, if a bike does beat the Hayabusa, would that give Suzuki the right to improve the busa even more? Hehe... why can't we all just get along?
cool.gif

not again......   jeez!

Er, these are DYNO runs -- that means rear wheel HP. That's one powerful motorcycle, BTW. OTOH, what the heck is a ZX-12R for, again? I predict that either they're going to drop that model or next year's is going to be a doozy.
how do you think they get crank #'s,.... with an acubus?!!
rock.gif

Don't forget the Kawi will weigh about 100 lbs less than a busa.  184 hp & 375 lbs according to Kawasaki's own ad.
These #s are at the crank.....

I am sure this is the post that cache was referring to about #s at the crank.

<!--EDIT|BusaFever
Reason for Edit: "can't spell"|1078701216 -->

It is going to be some good competition... I would love to line up next to one of these!

<!--EDIT|BusaFever
Reason for Edit: "Im retarded..."|1078701166 -->

Back