NOT Impressed

briXXer

Registered
Had my bike dynoed the other day.. 151.66 hp  90.8 torque (to the wheel)
granted it does need a custom map done on it.  but damn i figured at least 160.  a stock 04 busa got up there a did it and only got 155.. another busa with only slipons was dynoed b4 at 156.  also had a zx12r get up and he pulled 150 / 80.  I believe a 04 r1 did a 154 from what i heard.  we tried to get a zx10r up there but they had trouble getting to the #4 coil to hook up the pickup so it couldnt be done and it was getting late.  
 SOOO I'm gonna do a tune up on it and see what it does then.  It has a 2brothers 4-2 map on it (it was the closest) but i played with the buttons on the pc3r so i'll put them closer to normal with a kn filter and oil change and see what it pulls then.   the good thing was all of these were done on the same dyno by the same guy.  that way the results would be as honest as possible.  but like i said i wasnt impressed by its showing.  
 one of the guys there was telling me about the pressurized airbox and u lose some from that and why mess with it.. isnt 151 enough?  ahhhh NO.  but then he goes over to the 10r and tells this other guy that "this is the new busa killer"  then he wonders why i need to fine tune it and squeeze every little bit out of it.. aaaarrggghhhhh  SUZUKI WAKE THE F UP!

<!--EDIT|briXXer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087482981 -->

Seems like the Busas are dynoing much lower than with initial production. It truely seems like they loose power ever year. Man Suz come on now get it together.

Does kinda suck, but the ZX-10 is far from being a busa killer

If the Busa is a ahead of the zx-12, and the zx-10 is a busa killer what does that say about the zx-12
rock.gif

Numbers really are not that far off. 160 if wishfull thinking for a stock bBusa. My 01' as 151rwhp 171rwh pipes etc. etc. i did my first Dyn run with 12 othe stock Busas, the low was 148rwhp and the high was 158rwhp. Going all the way back to 00' Busas have been on the Dyno stock between 149-152 average at the wheels. Not the bike that is chaging but the Dyno and the Dynoers.

What you are seeing is new bikes coming out that are claiming more on the Dyno that they really can produce. zx-10 etc, they are coming up fast though.

Main point is what you can do to the Busas to increase the

Some older guy stopped me the other day and wanted to look at the Busa. He was talking about getting one, and commented that the R1 has "180 HP". I didn't say anything, but obviously that's crap put out by some magazine.

A lot of this HP stuff is marketing BS. I'm not buying into the hype. I've seen three or four articles, where it's "Busa Killer" this, "Busa Beater" that. I'll believe it when I see it. When magazines start using "ZX-10 Killer" in the same revered tones that they use with respect to the Busa, then maybe, and that's a big maybe, I'll listen. Now it's just noise.

i have the pc3r and the hmf dual highmounts on. somebody also told me that with all the bends in those pipes it robs some power.. ok i'll give them that but im sure its only maybe 2.. how hmf claims an additional 13 hp..
rock.gif
??

my question is why worry about it?  i got the busa because it fits me and i like the design.  i don't care if other bikes have 200hp and run 8 sec. in the 1/4. unless those bikes have the looks that appeals to me or fits me, i'm just wasting my money.  would it be better if the busa have more power? sure, but not necessary because looks and comfort outweighs power in my book.  so unless i race for a living and earning money from it, those new, more powerful bikes are just a waste of money on public streets, roads and highways.  when ever i read an article or watch a program that puts the busa on top, it makes me happy to see it but if the busa doesn't finish first, i'm okay w/ that too because i still got the bike that i wanted.  if people can afford to get something new every year for bragging rights whether they like the new product or not, more power to them.  i just think people like that have self-esteem issue imho kind of like the sports fan that changes team every year just because those teams won the championship.  don't mean to offend if any, just my 2 cents.

<!--EDIT|willgetbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087506352 -->

briXXer,

What exactly is your complaint?
rock.gif

Your dyno numbers are average for a stock Busa!

When it comes to getting the most power out of your bike, the dual HMF highmounts are hurting you. Probably only a couple HP but you need all you can get if you are looking for HIGH dyno numbers(nearly stock bike)! Also playing with the PCIIIR with the bike on the dyno probably hurt you quite a bit. The buttons on the PC don't let you tune nearlly what you need and it probably messed your tune up pretty bad. You need a custom tune to get the most out of it.

Also is the HMF a full system? If so, did you do the airbox mod? What other mods/tuning have you done? Tire psi? Chain adjusted properly? etc. etc.
rock.gif
??

Don't let yourself get mixed up in the dyno numbers because they don't mean everything on the track or in the real world. Compare your charts to the ZX-10 or R-1 and see how peaky there numbers are. In the real world, you would pull them a few lenghts on the bottom end because of your torque advantage!

Besides, if you can't ride, a 600cc bike could beat you just as bad as one of the new liter bikes.

rock.gif

you will never know unless you dynoed it bone stock. I have seen bone stockers make 147 so add 13 you have 160. but you need a good tuner.
I have seen a BDE3 with the map that came with it make a very strong 154 it had 148 stock after a real map it made 158 but that was all everybike is different

I recently had my bike dyno'd and was feeling the same way. i have a hindle bde g3, pair removed, and mapped with the teka box. it dynod at 154. it was at a bike night, and i just knew it would at least be over 160 to mid 160's.

after that i went out and bought a pciiir from johnny cheese. i will let yall know the difference after i get a custom map done next week and get it re-dyno'd by the same person. One thing that i have done is added a TRE to the bike and it feels much better. no lurching or low speed jerkyness.

so hopefully after custom map it better be in the high 160's.

WARNING ANYBODY CONTEMPLATING GETTING THE TEKABOX MAPPING DON'T DO IT.

JC u summed it up i never dynod my bike stock so i dont know the difference and u might be right i might be picking up and just dont know it. only way i can tell the difference from tecka to powercommander is try both and have it redynod.
once i get it and have it done i will let u know.
thanks jose
biggrin.gif

WARNING ANYBODY CONTEMPLATING GETTING THE TEKABOX MAPPING DON'T DO IT.
I felt compelled to argue this point, I personally tuned mine with a Yosh Tri-Oval full system and the Teka Box and my numbers from my dyno are around 161. I understand that every dyno is different and the tuner and operator are different but don't knock something until you have tried every possible aspect of its operation. I think I can still coax another few out of it if I take my time. The original tune was a rush job.

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087516595 -->

How much Hp could you lose by dynoing after riding 1 hour in pouring rain on a 50 degree day and having a loose chain?

just had my 03 done. dyno'd stock 152.3 rwhp/94.5 torque. I had a full micron installed, pcIIIr, K&N filter, pair mod and pulled 162.0rwhp/101.0 torque. I did have an Ivans TRE put on the bike, put it actually fell off 2 hp with it installed, so we took it back off,though I am feeling the lurching now that I didn't feel in stock config.

Does that sound common to actually loose hp with the TRE?

Anyways, in the end I was hoping for 165 realistic, so I too was a little disappointed, but the bike feels and sounds great.............so that helps!

From what I have researched and the conclusion I have come to in my opinion the TRE really hurts more than it helps. All it does is make the comp think it is in 5th gear all the time, but what about the individual timing maps for each gear. If the comp thinks it is in 5th then how is the 5th gear timing map good for 2nd 3rd 0r 4th gears. If I am wrong on this subject then please school me on it.
IMO the TRE is nothing other than a gimic and they really don't gain you a thing. They do work but as far as giving better performance I think it is a hoax.

the TRE removes the speed restriction and smooths out some lowend surging
its worth it if thats what you want

Had my '04 w/Wolf slip-ons dynoed on a Factory Pro Dyno EC997a and it pulled 141.3 hp/83.9 lb/ft.  I then did the small airbox mod and installed a full Ti-Force 4 into 1 pipe and went back to the same dyno and pulled 147.5 hp/84.1 lb/ft.  I told the operator that I thought those were pretty poor numbers and gave me a song and dance about how the number were real numbers not inflated Dynojet numbers.  He further stated that if I wanted to approximate Dynojet numbers I should take the numbers generated by his machine and add 15 percent.  That would put my numbers at:

EC997a         Dynojet

Stock  Wolf/cans           141.3/83.9      162.5/96.5

4 into 1/Airbox mod        147.5/84.1      169.6/96.7

My chart shows a slight increase thru the entire rpm range
with the biggest increase between 8000 and 10500.  The bike seems to run quite a bit better than before but I still question those numbers.

Does anyone else have similar numbers?  Has anyone else heard of this 15 percent thing?

well ive put a new chain on, K&N filter, oil change sooooo now i need to get it back on the dyno and see what it will do.

WHAT is the mod u do to the flapper valve? and what are your experiences with the mod? any real improvement and reasoning for the mod?

Back