ZX-10R Horsepower

well for such a powerful bike... they couldnt hold a candle to the honda's and suzukis in the daytona bike week 200 race ( superstock ) . ??

we'll just have to see what pops up at the track this year!
test&tune starts next week at our good track. who wants some!
cool.gif

yeah....that's what I'm talkin about! They can say all the shid they wanna...question is: how fast can you REALLY go?

*80 lbs of torque..........still close to 20lbs short of the Busa! and torque numbers are what you can feel in the seat of your pants, in the real world.
all_coholic.gif

My Busa still makes alot more....................
laugh.gif
and has alot more room for mods.

How many times do we have to hear about all this mess, especially about that 10. It's too dang light to stay on the ground, swingarm and all if it's doing all it says. The R1 started it, our own Gixxer 1000 came with it, but on an everyday basis, they won't do it day in, day out. I know they've put a Grand engine in a 600 frame, and all the weight ratios and all, but for some reason, what gets respected more than the busa by just showing up. They all spend another 500 to 2000 just to attempt to beat the busa, when they could have bought the beast out the gate and been done with it. If we go get PCIII's, change filters, remapped, new exhaust and all, then we'll all be right back at the beginning. Those liter bikes getting stomped, and we're still riding comfortable, and that's with a passenger effortlessly. Why do they still make the 12 if it's all that, and they haven't been able to compete either consistently. 2 Great bikes, 2 Great riders, 10 and Busa, we all know who comes out on top.

The numbers originally posted are supposed dyno runs by Sport Rider magazine. Here's the link:

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/dynos/

These numbers are "corrected". As we all should know... dyno numbers vary greatly. Some show high, some show low... plus you have to factor in elevation, humidity, temperature, "ram air" effect, etc, etc, etc... plus these are bikes that are supplied by the factory (can anyone say "ringers"?).

I don't think I'd be too concerned based on these numbers about if your bike is 1/10th faster or slower in the quarter. Are you happy with your bike? Good! More riding, less thinking.

How many times do we have to hear about all this mess, especially about that 10. It's too dang light to stay on the ground, swingarm and all if it's doing all it says. The R1 started it, our own Gixxer 1000 came with it, but on an everyday basis, they won't do it day in, day out. I know they've put a Grand engine in a 600 frame, and all the weight ratios and all, but for some reason, what gets respected more than the busa by just showing up. They all spend another 500 to 2000 just to attempt to beat the busa, when they could have bought the beast out the gate and been done with it. If we go get PCIII's, change filters, remapped, new exhaust and all, then we'll all be right back at the beginning. Those liter bikes getting stomped, and we're still riding comfortable, and that's with a passenger effortlessly. Why do they still make the 12 if it's all that, and they haven't been able to compete either consistently. 2 Great bikes, 2 Great riders, 10 and Busa, we all know who comes out on top.
Hey bro if ya don't want to hear about it then don't read it. I think this bike will be the closest thing to the 12R or Busa as far as acceleration is concerned in literbikes.

I am just glad to see another bike to compete with!

Will it make it into the 9s stock? Maybe....

Slightly modded? Definately.

Just my opinions, we will hafta wait and see...

I agree that the busa will still come out on top! No doubt in my mind.... 19 lbs of torque is worth more than 100 lbs less weight.

Tiresmoke you are right about the happy with your bike comment. I seriously doubt that many folks will be trading in their Busas for the ZX-10R.

Oh I don't mind hearing it, but I guess the best is always gonna be tested. But all the numbers in the world ain't nuttin til we all have a chance to see exactly what it's made of out on our streets in our cities. Print all the numbers in the world, the R1 did, and even the Honda is in on the game. Put rubber to the pavement, bottom line. I do agree I like the intrigue of the competition.

Just remember the add for the ZX10 has the little * by the performance numbers. The fine print reads something about ram air at top speed.... Blah blah blah... So we add the same 20HP worth of Ram-Air to the busa and we get 175* or more at the wheel... It all a bunch of hooey!!

This is where Honda start looking good, get over building the MOST powerfull, focus on building a solid all arounder....

Smoke and Mirrors... Apples and Oranges....

yeah, but they have all been recalled and wont be available for at least another month, they have had pretty major tranny problems. they all hang up in third gear

doesn't the zx12 typically make a few extra horses than the busa and roughly the same torque...

if thats true i seriously doubt this roughly the same horsepower, 1/4 lower torque, same ole' same ole' aerodynamics and short length is going to be much faster than a gsx1000.. which is fast don't get me wrong.

I've always believed the biggest advantage the busa has is aero design for flat out balls to the wall speed for draggin' you got a little longer bike, and ironically enough weight for better launching ability.

now we just need to find where to remove 100 pounds for when we just wanna blister their asses in the mountains too.. haha.

and just as an aside at high speed i can't imagine these liter bikes are going to be as stable... that extra weight does have it's advantages afterall.

no bike is perfect, but and if the new liter bikes were as comfortable, smooth, and as predictable as my busa I would give up a few tenths in a 1/4, and 10 mph up top pretty quick for the added cornor ability that they offer.

blasphemy i know... but they aren't that comfortable so i guess i'll just hafta "settle" with my hayabusa.. lol

Why I like MY Busa;

1. Those who know a little about bikes know about the mighty Busa....
2. Kids say wow a 1300.........
3. Chicks think its cool cause it's a big black beast ( not a tiny little r1 that looks like a 125 )
4. It's in the guiness book of records and I have a copy to show people.
5. It'll do 200mph and nothing else will.
6. Comfy and relible
7. It's mine

Just me rambling on but feel free to add if you want.

yeah, but they have all been recalled and wont be available for at least another month, they have had pretty major tranny problems. they all hang up in third gear
Even MOTORCYCLIST said that the tranny sucked... They did a good job downplaying it like it was not a big deal I thought...
tounge.gif

Why I like MY Busa;

1. Those who know a little about bikes know about the mighty Busa....
2. Kids say wow a 1300.........
3. Chicks think its cool cause it's a big black beast ( not a tiny little r1 that looks like a 125 )
4. It's in the guiness book of records and I have a copy to show people.
5. It'll do 200mph and nothing else will.
6. Comfy and relible
7. It's mine

Just me rambling on but feel free to add if you want.
Hear Hear!!!

Back