Weight to Horsepower

Nekosohana

Registered
Didn't someone metion on here once that weight and HP were related.

I cant remember, but I think that there was a comment about how 8 pounds = x horsepower.

Does anyone know/remember?

Depends on the totals.

In my case bike rider 775lbs 155hp 775 /157 5 lbs per hp

Sprint car 1550/850 1.82 wow!

So basically lose 5 lbs is like gaining 1 HP

I remember John Force saying once, his crew ask him to lose some weight because a 7lb loss equaled 1 hp. And 1 hp cost them THOUSANDS of $$$$ to get. And his 7 lbs gained him more money in his pockets by NOT EATING as much
laugh.gif

(DaCol. @ Jun. 26 2007,20:22) I remember John Force saying once, his crew ask him to lose some weight because a 7lb loss equaled 1 hp. And 1 hp cost them THOUSANDS of $$$$ to get. And his 7 lbs gained him more money in his pockets by NOT EATING as much
laugh.gif
They need a new calculator, Force probably weighs a little over 200 lbs. and his car produces around 12K HP
SHOCKED.gif

carspage_01_07.jpg

(dadofthree @ Jun. 27 2007,09:34)
(DaCol. @ Jun. 26 2007,20:22) I remember John Force saying once, his crew ask him to lose some weight because a 7lb loss equaled 1 hp. And 1 hp cost them THOUSANDS of $$$$ to get. And his 7 lbs gained him more money in his pockets by NOT EATING as much
laugh.gif
They need a new calculator, Force probably weighs a little over 200 lbs. and his car produces around 12K HP  
SHOCKED.gif
Yeah, but at that level, lbs cost time (especially when winning is measured in 1/10,000 of a sec.) and adding any more HP, even one hp is very costly $$$$$  
beerchug.gif

Back