raced zx10R

monti

Registered
Well my brother decided to come from Houston over the weekend. To my surprise when he arrived in the back of his pick-up truck was a brand new ZX10R. He's a fourth year med student so what's another 10K in debt ha!ha!. Got a great deal out the door under 10K.

Got up Sunday morning and went riding.

Busa 2003 1100 miles Yosh slip-ons PCusb-good for maybe 2 horses Rider 170lbs.

Ninja 10R stock 200 miles Rider 190 lbs.

We did 2nd gear roll-ons 60mph to 140mph (of course not all in 2nd)-Busa in front the whole way by almost 2 bike lenghts.

Another 2nd gear roll-on 70mph to 140- Busa wins again, same result

3rd gear roll-on at 80mph to 140-Busa wins.

6th gear roll-on 80mph to 140- ZX10R wins by half bike length.

Another 6th gear roll-on this time 100mph to 160 -10R was in front by half bike lenght till about 140 then the Busa took over. Busa wins.

We kept doing some 6th gear roll-ons but not as fast, as I couldn't believe that the 10R was edging me each and every time but it did. Pretty damn quick bike I must say.

So out of four the 10R got one. We then switched and did a 2nd gear roll-on at 70mph to 140 and he beat me on the Busa. He was extremely impressed and honeslty didn't believe that the Busa was so fast.

The 10R is still not broken in so I'm sure it still has some juice in it. I honestly didn't think the race would be so close, those liter bikes are fast.

They sure are quick.....
sad.gif

I had a similar experience...just messing around. zero to sixty...the 10 got me nearly every time....but once you hit 70 or so....i took all of the roll ons...

good job....but the 10 must be respected. A good rider on a 10 will dust a busa....so you better be quick.

You have to guess the 1k's are going to be close they are almost pushing the same HP and a little less TQ than a stock Busa but weigh at least 100lbs less.

Back