MCN tests the Bmw,Busa,RsV4,kawa14 video

How they need to do this is simple, put a rider on each bike and tell them the goal...

Get from 40 to 180 as fast as you can, go in whatever gear you want and lets see what happens then....

There is a basic assumption with these test that all bikes are geared the same and the power delivery is the same... So just let each bike be it's own and tell each rider to do what's best for that bike... Then let's look at the results...

How they need to do this is simple, put a rider on each bike and tell them the goal...

Get from 40 to 180 as fast as you can, go in whatever gear you want and lets see what happens then....

There is a basic assumption with these test that all bikes are geared the same and the power delivery is the same... So just let each bike be it's own and tell each rider to do what's best for that bike... Then let's look at the results...

Amen !

I remember growing up Cycle World used to also swap riders and do it all over again.
If one guy has better skills than another you can throw everything in the garbage.
They need to have each one test each bike and then take an average .

With only one guy as their rider, if BMW is paying them, he's gonna ride the beamer the hardest and not try so hard on the others... Shameless advertising... :moon:

Ya ya ya.....blah blah blah. When ANY on of the other bikes in the test has done to motorcycling what the Busa has done, come talk to me. NO other bike has the kind of following the Busa has - not even close. Just cause their fast doesn't mean their great. The Busa is still the King! Try and buy a stretch swing arm for your Beemer??? Or a fat arse for your Aprilia - or find a guy who's Turbo'd one, for any of the others - - maybe --good luck chuck!

Last edited:
The Busa is in another class, they only use it to compare it's power to what the Litre bikes can come up with because the Mighty Busa has set the bench mark, she will always be the compared to as there is no other bike on the planet like her.:thumbsup:

the one thing they forget to tell you, is that the busa has a much lower heart beat, means it is a lot fitter and will live happily to a much riper age. If it starts drinking too much alcohol (nitrous) or it starts sniffing stuff (turbo) it will live to the same age as the other three, yet be the fastest by a long shot.

truth

I saw the BMW at the drags a few weeks ago, at Brocks booth, and it's a very small motorcycle. The guy that raced it was like 5'4", and 120 pounds. If I had a Valantino Rossi body, I'd go for it. But I have a Herman Munster body, and would look ridiculous on it. The first time I sat on a Busa, I felt like they made it just for me. Thank you, Suzuki!
I noticed the BMW tach just shy of 14k at shift time! It's working hard to run like that. Good for BMW, they have a real roadburner to attract younger riders to their showroom. So sad about Harley and Buell, it shows whose looking into the future.

Be great to see an unrestricted run somewhere like the MILE and see how they all stack up then - plus thos friggin fat pipes ugh

In the quarter:thumbsup:, Ok here is what bugs me You cannot have a new king of speed when all of them top out at the same MPH, IDK I kinda question these peoples ability after watching the vid then look at the numbers.

+100

This "test" doesn't have any more validity than half the crap you see on Youtube where some guys get together and run their bikes head to head after leaving the local pub. You want to have a top speed test you make the bikes derestricted and take them to a facility where you can run them without bias or additional asterisks. I honestly thought MCN was better than this shoddy crap?

No the torque on a gen2 is hard to beat imo. The brock bmw might have been stock bottom end motor, but its little trick you can do to make a bike faster..
I am very surprised, by the hp, torque and weight I would think the BMW would have us on take off and 1/4. I think its the weight that killed us on the roll ons. I wonder what takes the BMW so long to get going???

...you can give up a little bottom end when your 100lbs/20% lighter.

Cycle World test had the S1000RR at 460 lbs with NO fuel where the BMW website has the bike fully fueled at 455 lbs (incl ABS option @ 5 lbs). Same website has dry weight at 403 lbs which is about 70 or so lbs lighter than the Busa.

Did anyone notice the braking? I thought the zx-14 had better brakes than the busa.... This is a lot of crap ..???

there is no doubt that that BMW is a monster bike; the latest and greatest in engineering prowess...heck, I'd like to have one - to ride ON THE TRACK or for short distances like up/down the Dragon. But could I ride it for hours? doubtful...

Back