Ever see the "car beats busa" vids?

Jonny Hotnuts

Registered
I see these "supra whips busa" and viper beats turbo busa all over the place and all this smack talk about how fast there cars are but they all look like they are full of it.

In the video of the Viper vs Turbo vid they do a roll on and the camera is in the viper and shows the car pull away from the bike at a good rate........but as a busa rider I can honestly say that if I am going to do a roll on at 40-50mph I will be in 2nd or 3 gear @ about 5K, and and when I hit the throttle the front end pulls up.....at least off the forks! And this turbo busas front doesnt move.....did he know he was doing the roll on? was he asked to keep it in 6th? My turbo is not installed yet but on my buddys turbo busa if you were to snap the gas in 3rd the front wheel would leave the ground.

And why are they all roll ons.....never a controled race.....like a 1/4 mile drag.

Just makes me wonder.

-JH

A Supra or viper is not going to beat a Busa, especially a Turbo Busa. I have gone up against my share of cars with Turbos, NOS etc.. Huge HP and nothing can touch it yet. Bikes I have gone against a few and nothing beats me. Those videos are fixed or controlled so the cage wins.

Only one I've seen showed a turbo Viper putting down 900+HP against a stock Busa, 70 MPH roll slightly beat Busa.

Same scenario against turbo Busa, Busa walked off and left Viper.

Both started at 70 MPH, went to about 160+ and shut it down. Very believable in both races, video was on a Busa chase bike and I believe THESE results.

Cars faster than a Busa on the street are rare, but they do exist. Keep adding HP to a cage and it will get faster, isn't the 1/4 mile speed record held by something with 4 wheels?!?

rock.gif

Where is the thread about top fuel cars, where you pass the car on the start line of a drag strip with a 200 MPH head start, and he beats you to the finish line!!!!
eek2.gif
SHOCKED.gif

Bikes are so much quicker because of power to weight ratio. Cars have superior aeros. Down low, a bike will win (we're talkin street cars here) but as speed increases, the advantage swings toward the car. A car pushing 1k hp, and there are some on the street, will beat a bike up top. Bikes aero's aren't worth a ****. A buddy of mine had a 95 TT Supra, put down 352hp to the wheels on a known stingy dyno. I have witnessed him walk many 600cc bikes from a roll. Now double the hp involved, and why would the results change?
Now about drag racing, that's a whole other story. The fuel cars are putting out around 8khp, they weigh 2225lbs, they have a far larger contact patch. The fuel bikes put out around 1khp, weigh around 600lbs, and just can't compete with the cars.

Bikes are so much quicker because of power to weight ratio. Cars have superior aeros. Down low, a bike will win (we're talkin street cars here) but as speed increases, the advantage swings toward the car. A car pushing 1k hp, and there are some on the street, will beat a bike up top. Bikes aero's aren't worth a ****. [/Quote]

I have heard people talk about how cars have superior aeros for a long time. And there is some truth to this but it is not the way it really is.

First a bike has its Cd (coefficient of drag) mesured without a rider.

The busa is around:
Cd .54 without rider

Supra is: .32

advantage Supra

With rider the busa drops to around Cd .46
(an improvement but still advantage Supra)

With the bike lowered and no mirrors the Cd for the busa drops to around .39 stil the supra is better.

So why doesnt 175hp run the Supra to 200mph, it will the busa. It is not the weight, that is a huge factor in drag racing but not in top speed.

It is because people always take the Cd number as the only figure to say what a car or bikes aeros are.
You also have to figure frontal aera (A).

The formula for your aero number is CdXA (squared)

The frontal area for the busa with rider is around:

The frontal area of the Supra is 20.75

Huge advantage Busa!

When you multiply the frontal area and the drag the real aero number is

BUSA = 2.55 - 3.25

Supra = 6.43 - 7.19 (depending on year)

So the Supra is not even close.
Not to mention the more rolling resistance from 4 large tires as apposed to 2 small ones. This alone can require about 25% more Hp @ 200mph.

I have been involved with land speed racing for about 7 years. I hate being the dildo that says that someone is not correct but I have heard people says how great cars aeros are for a long time without knowing about the frontal area factor, it seems that all people see is the Cd number and that is it.

Here is a sweet list of cars aeros+HP needed to get to speed.

http://www.mayfco.com/tbls.htm

who cares that someone put $20+ in their car so it can have 800+ hp to go almost as fast as a bike... I'll take my $10900 bike and go fast for much cheaper...
beerchug.gif

maxton. standing start 1 mile.
viper with twin turbos + nitrous = 219 mph... 1900 h.p.
daveO busa 1507 cc = 222 mph... 240 h.p.

(Jonny Hotnuts @ Nov. 08 2006,11:47) Bikes are so much quicker because of power to weight ratio. Cars have superior aeros. Down low, a bike will win (we're talkin street cars here) but as speed increases, the advantage swings toward the car. A car pushing 1k hp, and there are some on the street, will beat a bike up top. Bikes aero's aren't worth a ****.

I have heard people talk about how cars have superior aeros for a long time. And there is some truth to this but it is not the way it really is.

First a bike has its Cd (coefficient of drag) mesured without a rider.

The busa is around:
Cd .54 without rider

Supra is: .32

advantage Supra

With rider the busa drops to around Cd .46
(an improvement but still advantage Supra)

With the bike lowered and no mirrors the Cd for the busa drops to around .39 stil the supra is better.

So why doesnt 175hp run the Supra to 200mph, it will the busa. It is not the weight, that is a huge factor in drag racing but not in top speed.

It is because people always take the Cd number as the only figure to say what a car or bikes aeros are.
You also have to figure frontal aera (A).

The formula for your aero number is CdXA (squared)

The frontal area for the busa with rider is around:

The frontal area of the Supra is 20.75

Huge advantage Busa!

When you multiply the frontal area and the drag the real aero number is

BUSA = 2.55 - 3.25

Supra = 6.43 - 7.19 (depending on year)

So the Supra is not even close.
Not to mention the more rolling resistance from 4 large tires as apposed to 2 small ones. This alone can require about 25% more Hp @ 200mph.

I have been involved with land speed racing for about 7 years. I hate being the dildo that says that someone is not correct but I have heard people says how great cars aeros are for a long time without knowing about the frontal area factor, it seems that all people see is the Cd number and that is it.

Here is a sweet list of cars aeros+HP needed to get to speed.

http://www.mayfco.com/tbls.htm[/Quote]
Not doubting your knowledge, the way you explained it makes sense, however I suggest that the rider makes a huge difference. The number you gave for a bike with rider is probably measured with a guy that is small enough to get totally in the fairing. I would suggest that most people can't get that tucked in. I had not thought of frontal area, however, I stand by what I have witnessed in the Supra. The same car reached 177mph on GPS before we ran out of road. It was still pulling, about a grand shy of the limiter in 6th. I was always amazed at that cars ability to pull in top gear. The same buddy had a 93 Z28 with all the bolt ons before the Supra, it would not pull past 150 in 6th, but drop it to 5th and she would pull to about 165.......

Anyone out there own a supra or viper that wants to race just let me know .
beerchug.gif

Mr Brown, the reason they pull so hard in the high gears is because of the Supra and Vipers huge torque numbers. Even if you were to match the vipers 550HP on a busa you would never be able to also match the 500+ fp to torque.

I have never seen any data on torque vs car weight vs aero drag and how it changes excellaration and top speed, its always about HP.
But if there were any street cars that can beat a busa, I am sure it is because of the torque numbers they are posting.

I raced a Viper with my stock 'busa and he almost won.

But his was twin turbo, and this was a mile. Mine hit the limiter and he almost caught me.

I saw then do aero testing of a busa with a larger rider vs smaller one and the aeros are better with a larger rider. This is because the smaller rider completely tucked behind creates more wind vortexes behind the fairing whereas the larger rider fills the gaps and the air goes over and around better.

A smaller rider will always out accelerate the larger rider but that is obvious.

From the data I have seen you are dead right, forceofnature.

Its crazy to think that a smaller rider will outrun you in a drag....but a bigger rider will outrun you in top speed!

I met a guy riding a turbo hayabusa a few years ago @ Bonnaville that went by the name "Superdanno" on another busa forum.....

He, from what I can remember was like 6.4 and he was telling me that he had filled his swingarm with lead and had lead blocks on the arm.....At the time I thought it was crazy to add more weight (being a big guy himself) thinking that it would add to the rolling resistance but now I know he was correct.

its TORQUE that make cars just accelerate in higher speeds...

and yes. to do the 1/4 mile fastest a car will do it fast...why?
cause the 4 tyres getting all the power to the ground!

there is like...10 street cars... (ferrari enzo,mclaren f1, koenigsegg,veyron and such) whos faster than stock hayabusa in top speed....

Well for $1,300,000 the Bugati will beat a stock busa all the way up to 200+. It will not beat a good Trbo Busa.
wow.gif

Back