busa vs modded zx10r

dangit... I've been trying to put on just enough mods and tune it so I don't get spanked by these liter-teeters. I guess - I'm going to upgrade as soon as busa gets more hp. I don't want no liter bike spittin' on me. (I think I have issues...)

All i have is the yosh, airbox mod, pcIII, and a dyno-tune. I don't wanna get beat!!!

guns.gif

Lot of good bench racing here.
beerchug.gif
The one thing that nobody mentioned is the close ratio trany of the 1K's. All the new 1K's can pull 1st gear past 100mph. From a dead stop you've got a better ratio, 70mph is a sweet spot for 1st gear on a liter bike. That 70 to 120mph would have me worried. From 130 up it will be close but the faster you get the more things will be in your favor.

I can't believe what I'm reading,did I buy the best stock busa on the planet?40mph roll on in 1st gear,the busa will pull the liter bikes once the tach hit 9k,shift just before rev limiter,find out where your limiter is-mine 11200 in 1st-11500 all other gears[tach can't keep up in 1st LOL]First 2 gears piece of cake,make a good shift to 3rd,liters strong point,once you hit 4th,you should walk him at 10k plus.High gear roll ons the liters will walk you,due to the light weight.Remember,liter bikes are wheelie mosters,they can't get in the throttle as hard as you can down low.Work your throttle smooth,you can be wide oven throttle before 7k in 1st and hold the front end down,now you have a landmissle-not a crotch rocket.And YES his mods will hurt him at 40 roll on in 1st-wheelie even easier.KEEP your hands off the clutch it will slow you down,practice,practice,practice-you can shift like a air shifter from 1st-2nd & 2nd to 3rd.

The new liter bikes will spank a stock Busa in a roll on below 100, especially if they have mods!
Correct! So make the run to 150 mph and you'll never lose asuming your weight and wind resistance isn't excessive.

Post up when it's over, As stated earlier Bench racing is fun. Real world racing is XTC

Yes, a new Liter Bike will hand a beating out to a Hayabusa. I wouldn't have believed it unless it hadn't happened to me.

I ran a 2006 GSXR1000 in the quarter mile and he was .5 sec faster and had me by 10 MPH. Thinking that I did something wrong we went at it again with the same results. I had to take this abuse 3 times before I accepted that the 1000 was a quicker bike.

Back