2011 busa vs 2011 ZX10R

One of the guys I ride with just bought the 2011 ZX10 .... haven't rode with him yet. He only has 300 miles on it so far...

206825_10150148103653262_655483261_6496987_3948360_n.jpg

i just read a write up on the new zx10 in a mag....they tested it bone stock running a 9.7 1/4 mile @ 144mph. apparently this bike is no joke.

Which mag?

Does it say the times were corrected?

9.93 @ 144mph here STOCK-->
- Rickey Gadson dragstrip tests the 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R[/url]

9.40 @ 155mph with the basic mods...and with the SS setup he's down to a 9.1 @ 160+... :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen these new liter bikes poppin out but I still like my "big bad ass busa". I like the big body bikes not skinny on diet bikes. Did I mention I also like the 929RR... yeah I love Honda too:whistle:

Ladies and gentleman,

The Busa was king when liter bikes were in the 150-155 hp range. Unless you get the busa into the 220 hp area, there's no overcomming physics and the liter bike is going to have a huge advantage.

If you want a flexible super bike that can run very day and for 100K's of miles, that's a Busa. If you want the fastest craziest thing on 2 wheels, it's now the liter bikes.

Personally, I love the big, burly, all muscle Busa. It is truely like a bull that can tip toe with a ballerina. Its dumb and mechanical, built like a train, and relatively cheap. That's where it has no competition, on the 1/4 mile it's just a really fast "street bike" now (stock of course).

ok guys we need to start cooking up some liter bike whuppin recipes for our beasts!! :thumbsup: :laugh:

No need friend, we have turbos, nitrous, bore kits and with the flash ecu program, sky is the limit. Funny thing is, people who own Busas often own stacks too. I know my GSXR 1000 is my favorite ride to go fast, but for the best of both worlds the Bus comes out.

No need friend, we have turbos, nitrous, bore kits and with the flash ecu program, sky is the limit. Funny thing is, people who own Busas often own stacks too. I know my GSXR 1000 is my favorite ride to go fast, but for the best of both worlds the Bus comes out.

I agree with both statements! The busa has a strong parts list to mod from to make the difference up. I have a 1k too and love what it does... Frick'n mental at power, handling, and braking... A race bike. The busa is that as a street bike but with more comfort. Good all rounder of a bike!

No need for that...simply let all the air out of their tires first. I'd be willing to bet that the average age of Busa owners is at least 10 years older than the liter superbike owners. We're not quite as quick, but we're smarter! :laugh:

No need for that...simply let all the air out of their tires first. I'd be willing to bet that the average age of Busa owners is at least 10 years older than the liter superbike owners. We're not quite as quick, but we're smarter! :laugh:

That's terrible...clever...but terrible :lol:

Which mag?

Does it say the times were corrected?

9.93 @ 144mph here STOCK-->
- Rickey Gadson dragstrip tests the 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R[/url]

9.40 @ 155mph with the basic mods...and with the SS setup he's down to a 9.1 @ 160+... :thumbsup:

it was the april cycle world, i have it at my work, i'll check it out tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Busa has brocks full titanium ct dual system,PC5 with brock's street/race map,BMC filter, and 3 up on rear sprocket. Rider is 200lbs on the busa. ZX10R is ALL stock. The rider on the ZX is 160lbs. The passes were done from 2nd gear all the way through the top of 4th. The outcome was close but not good for the busa. Whats going on here?
Oh and before the flamming starts it was on a closed corse, i know the:rulez: lol.

Nice death.

Not to dig up an old thread, but I ran my friends '11 ZX-10R from top of 2nd to top of 4th and got my butt whooped. I have an '09 Busa with full yoshi/PC5, I am 250 lbs, he was 145 lbs with full exhaust. We were dead even until the top of 3rd then he pulled away like I was on a 600. Amazing how fast these current liter bikes are. We are going to switch bikes and redo the race to see how big the weight difference.

why 3 up in the back. leave the rear stock and go 1 down in the front. 2 if you can ride it. I have did a few roll on's with the new 10s. 2nd and 3rd were even. they stepped out about 1/4 of a bike and fourth and I would come back around them in 5th slowly walking away. to much gear going up in the rear like that. change front sprocket and let the motor turn up quicker than trying to pull the rear sprocket. eventhough the gearing is the same it builds up mph faster and keeps the wheelbase longer.

I know everybodies saying how slow the busa is anymore, but my modded 03 sure feels dam fast to me when I'm on it. All the speed I need, tons of torque, and comfy too. I got no complaints :thumbsup:

I know everybodies saying how slow the busa is anymore, but my modded 03 sure feels dam fast to me when I'm on it. All the speed I need, tons of torque, and comfy too. I got no complaints :thumbsup:

I agree. But what everyone forgets is that a gen1 is 13 year old technology and it shows its not the fastest bit still keeping up with all the new tech. The gen2 in my opinion is just a little better motor but not totally redesigned. But that's still 4 years old. I love my busa and won't trade it for the newest badist bike out. Hopefully Suzuki comes out with a gen3 that has a completely new motor to show what they have learned over the last 13 years.

I agree. But what everyone forgets is that a gen1 is 13 year old technology and it shows its not the fastest bit still keeping up with all the new tech. The gen2 in my opinion is just a little better motor but not totally redesigned. But that's still 4 years old. I love my busa and won't trade it for the newest badist bike out. Hopefully Suzuki comes out with a gen3 that has a completely new motor to show what they have learned over the last 13 years.
I'll be keeping my 03 forever as well, awesome bike imo. I may add a newer hypersport, but I've had way to much fun, still do, and modded it just the way I like it to dump her now. Just because a bike gets older tech wise doesn't make it any less fun. The first gen was fast in 99, and with some mods its still a fast bike. I've never twisted the throttle on my busa and NOT had fun. There may be some faster bikes around, but it doesn't mean mines any slower when I twist the throttle.
Sometimes you have to appreciate what you have. I've never been the kind of guy who needed to race every Joe on a bike, or had to have the latest and greatest to enjoy riding, or increase the size of my meatstick. I enjoy the bikes I have a LOT, and have no need to spend large amounts of money on more. I've ridden the new 14R, and its a sick fast bike, but I personally am happy with my busa. I'll leave the need for bragging rights and large amounts of money spent for the other guys.
Although down the road I can see myself picking up a used 14R for a good price :laugh:

why 3 up in the back. leave the rear stock and go 1 down in the front. 2 if you can ride it. I have did a few roll on's with the new 10s. 2nd and 3rd were even. they stepped out about 1/4 of a bike and fourth and I would come back around them in 5th slowly walking away. to much gear going up in the rear like that. change front sprocket and let the motor turn up quicker than trying to pull the rear sprocket. eventhough the gearing is the same it builds up mph faster and keeps the wheelbase longer.

3 up in the rear is basicaly 1 down in the front???

Back