Hi Boost Supra VS Modded Busa. VID

pretty neat,, fancy graphics for not much content but it does get the point across..

spend enough, and you can beat anything.

Now shindo.. about me test drivin' your ride. . .?

laugh.gif

I guess I dont know that much about the Supra cause that turbo wasnt very big and 750 RWHP or engine? What mods did the busa have did they dyno it 175 RWHP or just guess that from the engine specs. No flame but it would seem you need alot more work than one turbo on a Supra to make 750 HP or to beat a decent Busa

750 was to the wheels on that car.

My car makes 655 to the wheel on a smaller turbo than that.

That supra is No spray as well. REMEMBER though...the races were from a 40 roll on. A big help for the car.

If it were from a stop the supra would have to play catch up. The busa rider knew that he was giving the supra the advantage by doing a roll on.

I guess I dont know that much about the Supra cause that turbo wasnt very big and 750 RWHP or engine? What mods did the busa have did they dyno it 175 RWHP or just guess that from the engine specs. No flame but it would seem you need alot more work than one turbo on a Supra to make 750 HP or to beat a decent Busa
A big single is the best way to get that kinda hp out of a Supra. From what I could see, they weren't going as fast as advertised. I've put in quite a bit of time behind the wheel of a modded Supra that put out 352@the wheels, (on a notoriously stingy dyno) and it would top out at 177 on GPS. It would eat 600cc bikes for lunch, but couldn't hang with the big bores. Seems to me that either that car was putting out way more than 750hp, or the bike was stock. As has been discussed here many times, most cars dont just walk away from modded Busas like that.

Anyone know who Roy Mercer is? Can you spell b.u.l.l.b.u.t.t.e.r.?

The videos I recently saw showing an 850 rwhp supercharged Viper against 3 different 'Busa's were believeable. We're talking a V-10 that's already well over 400 hp stock and adding a 6-71 type blower in addition to radically modified heads, cam, etc. A 750 hp Supra, moreless with a single TC is stretching the limits of my imagination although I admit not impossible.

Still, the stock 'Busa was staying with the Viper from different rolls up to 180. Dead heat. The slightly modified 'Busa (cans and airbox) pulled on it by a few car lengths. The big bore 'Busa ran from it like it was stuck in reverse. I have a tough time believing the video here was anything but bullbutter or at least staged by the turbo installers or Supra owner.

Elliot

A 750 hp Supra, moreless with a single TC is stretching the limits of my imagination although I admit not impossible.
This is common on the west coast. They push them up over 1000 rwhp regularly.I don't know where you've been hiding, but a 750rwhp Supra is easily attainable, if your $$ is right.

the speeds they mentioned in the video just didn't seem right. though they were hauling arse but I don't think they were going that fast...I say 150 tops..

just my .02

Shindo,

I posted this on SH.org, I hope you don't mind?

As for the race, that Supra better be putting down over 1,000RWHP for me to believe it. Any other info on the car?
cool.gif

guys virtual works supra is way more than 750...i think its in the high 900's

ii raced a 2004 GSXR 1000 from a 60 punch and by 150 i started pulling past him.  rider was 205lbs..this was in my supra.

But thats not apples to apples...that was jsut a shameless plug for my car...

<!--EDIT|Shindo97
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112395450 -->

As long as he's putting down over 950-1000RWHP to the ground it's possible but......

....the second race was pointless. Let them know a 175HP Busa won't go 200MPH!
laugh.gif

The guy in the video sounded pretty cocky for what they beat. Lets be real about this, it's a pretty much stock bike so....
rock.gif

You really can't argue that the Busa has what $13,000 total in it and the Supra has what $60,000+ in it! They can win all day for that kind of money!
cool.gif

not to be nosey shindo..

how many gee's would you guess a person would hafta drop into a supra to hit oh.. say.. 750hp..

if i'm not bein to bold.

it's just a curiosity question so it's no biggie if ya don't wanna/need to get into it.

i spent about 16K total on my car from begining to end.. Thats every mod on it, with fuel system, wheels, suspension.

To just turbo, fuel system, and computer..probably like 9K after tax labor.

I pretty much dropped my car off with 320HP and wrote a check and said i'll be back in a few weeks...i would like to put more than 650 to the ground...thanks bye.

damn that was fun

thats pretty sweet to think of having that much power to play with under 20k

I'm assumin you bought the car used and went from there?

no point payin a new price for something your just gonna completely change anyways.. lol

i spent about 16K total on my car from begining to end..  Thats every mod on it, with fuel system, wheels, suspension.

To just turbo, fuel system, and computer..probably like 9K after tax labor.

I pretty much dropped my car off with 320HP and wrote a check and said i'll be back in a few weeks...i would like to put more than 650 to the ground...thanks bye.

damn that was fun
How much did you pay for the car starting out? Or is this 16 including the car stock?

This Shindo guy seems like a good dude. Could have easily trashed me for doubting the authenticity of the claim and the "bullbutter" remarks. Apparently you left coast guys are doing some wild $hit with these 6 cyl. motors. We're still stuck on the small and bigblock Chevy motors in the boonies of SW Florida. Not making nearly that kind of hp on our V8 bikes without big nitrous hits. Anyhow...

This is the reason I was a nay-sayer. Sorry I can't post the link better. This is a So. Cal group with a 800+hp Viper and 3 Busa's. Stock, slightly modified (the camera bike) and a big bore 'Busa. Also a ZX12R. The stock 'Busa stays with the Viper the entire run up to about 180. The other two blow him away. The camera action on these are killer. Hope you guys enjoy half as much as I did. You'll definitely like the results better.

http://thekneeslider.com/archive....d-viper

That goes to the article and then click the highlited blue "video" in the body of the article. Someone please let me know if it works.

Elliot

Back