Funny quote from 10R review article...

Thanks bullet, that was quite enlightning! You see... as far as the looks goes, I like em both
smile.gif
so thats definetly not going to be an issue. I'm about 6 feet tall and weigh about 300lbs!! Im a pretty big guy
tounge.gif
So which bike in your opinion would be a more comfortable for a fat a$$ like me??
biggrin.gif
Also, though I dont do drags... Id like to know (for knowledge sake) 0-100 which one is faster GSXR or the Ninja??

There is this general opinion among people who own big bikes in India that the kwacks have a slightly notchy gearbox, as compared to the smooth shift of the Honda's or the Suzuki's! Whats your take on that??

Answer wisely bro... I'm going to go by your call when buying my second bike! I have no other way of knowing (Really dont trust the magazines too much)
bowdown.gif

Thanks in advance

Thanks bullet, that was quite enlightning! You see... as far as the looks goes, I like em both
smile.gif
so thats definetly not going to be an issue. I'm about 6 feet tall and weigh about 300lbs!! Im a pretty big guy
tounge.gif
So which bike in your opinion would be a more comfortable for a fat a$$ like me??
biggrin.gif
Also, though I dont do drags... Id like to know (for knowledge sake) 0-100 which one is faster GSXR or the Ninja??

There is this general opinion among people who own big bikes in India that the kwacks have a slightly notchy gearbox, as compared to the smooth shift of the Honda's or the Suzuki's! Whats your take on that??

Answer wisely bro... I'm going to go by your call when buying my second bike! I have no other way of knowing (Really dont trust the magazines too much)
bowdown.gif

Thanks in advance
Well, considering the fact that I'm 6 feet tall and weigh in at +/- 300 now, we're pretty close in size. The 10R was noticeably more comfortable for me than the CBR1kRR and gixxer (both 04 and 05 versions) thanks to the 10R's lower seating position feel and more upright seating position when cruising (shorter reach to the bars). The R1 was a close second in comfort with just a bit more forward lean and a slightly higher seating feel. My vote has to go to the 10 as the most comfortable litre.

Kinda scary that you're basing your decision on my opinion, but it's as honest as I can make it.
wink.gif

Oh, and as for the shifting issue, I've read that some of the early 10R gearboxes were a bit notchy. Apparently Kawi addressed the problem because the later 04's and the 05 owners have no complaints. Mine is buttery smooth shifting and the close ratio of the gears is super sweet!
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106676406 -->

wink.gif

hey, after what WWJD said, i was going to let it go... but it seems some of B*T**'s boyfriends couldn't resist jumping in to try and save him. oh, i know... i'll just use B*T**s method.... ~ IGNORE ON ~  aahahahahah hahahahaahaahahahaaa... see ya...
Really man, it's not worth all the noise. There was some beef now let it go. If you haven't already discovered we're a pretty close nit group here. It's hard for some to stand by while a long time member of the site is being insulted. I feel your pain with the posts by BT about the 10r, but some of us were here when he was going through the sale of the Bullet and now moving on the diablo.

I personally appreciate his input, it kinda removes the blinders that the hayabusa is the only bike on the road worth talking about.

Deep down inside I think he's trying to fool himself into thinking he made the right choice. LOL LOL (Sorry BT had to throw that one at you).

Seriously you have the bike you love, he has the bike he loves and unless you're racing each other Saturday for slips, what's the point of getting so bent outta shape.

Be blessed and keep on ridin!

BD

Hey Bullet-
A guy I work with bought the 10r amd loves it.
What's really cool is when we ride and meet up with other sport bike enthusiasts they want to race "him". It used to be that when the BUSA rode up everyone wanted a piece. And now they want both because they know the 10r is bad to the bone. Takes some of the heat off me.
When and if the Busa gets a new look they will come back and want to try us out again. But right now the 10r is the one they want cause it's the new bro on the block. Or so to speak.
Keep the comparison's coming. After all most of the conversations that riders have with other riders is from what they have heard from experienced people. I can tell you all about my 2003 BUSA and what it can do but when it comes to other bikes like the 10r I can only speak from what I've heard from you and others I know that own them.
Wayne

Well... That pretty plain and straight enough BT! I think I'll lean towards the 10R as my second bike
smile.gif
Showed the pictures to a couple of my buddies also... Majority of them feel that the 10R looks better than the GSXR?!

You forgot to answer one of my questions BT
smile.gif
Whats the 0-100 of a 10R??
New Question: Is there any difference between the 04 and 05 10R
rock.gif

I have to admit you make a fine torch bearer for the 10R
tounge.gif

smile.gif

Hey Bullet-
A guy I work with bought the 10r amd loves it.
What's really cool is when we ride and meet up with other sport bike enthusiasts they want to race "him". It used to be that when the BUSA rode up everyone wanted a piece. And now they want both because they know the 10r is bad to the bone. Takes some of the heat off me.
When and if the Busa gets a new look they will come back and want to try us out again. But right now the 10r is the one they want cause it's the new bro on the block. Or so to speak.
Keep the comparison's coming. After all most of the conversations that riders have with other riders is from what they have heard from experienced people. I can tell you all about my 2003 BUSA and what it can do but when it comes to other bikes like the 10r I can only speak from what I've heard from you and others I know that own them.
Wayne
Hehehe... I know what you mean. I've got a local busa, a ZX-11, and an '04 R1 wantin' to run me.
wink.gif

Well... That pretty plain and straight enough BT! I think I'll lean towards the 10R as my second bike
smile.gif
Showed the pictures to a couple of my buddies also... Majority of them feel that the 10R looks better than the GSXR?!

You forgot to answer one of my questions BT
smile.gif
Whats the 0-100 of a 10R??
New Question: Is there any difference between the 04 and 05 10R
rock.gif

I have to admit you make a fine torch bearer for the 10R
tounge.gif
Oh yeah, I think the 10R looks a LOT better than the redesigned gixxer.
wink.gif
The only other litre that comes close to the 10 in looks is the R1. At first I liked the R1 styling better but the 10 has grown on me more and I actually think it looks better. I would like a nice dual can undertail exhaust for the 10 though.
wink.gif

As for your questions... 0-100... I don't know. I haven't done any runs from 0. I'm not really interested in drag racing the 10 so I haven't chanced smokin' my clutch to do any drag style launches. I've done some low mph roll-ons and it hits 100+ effortlessly in a very short time.

Changes for the '05 10R were color options (dropped black and added titanium and red) and different turn signal stalks/lenses. As far as I know that was the only changes.
wink.gif

And yeah, I carry the 10R torch well... It's easy to carry the torch for something that impresses you as much as the 10 has impressed me though.
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Ok BT, as far as there were no technical changes... its all the same then. I dont do drag either BT,
but knowing what the bike can do is a nice thing when one is bragging with his friends and peers... gives a ego boost
tounge.gif
So, I think I'll check out the times on the net....

Thanks a lot for all the info. Im going to talk to my importer tomorrow, and findout what are the modalities of importing one...! Will knock your door again if I need anymore info, hope you dont mind
smile.gif
... Your my 10R guru now
biggrin.gif
bowdown.gif

Ok BT, as far as there were no technical changes... its all the same then. I dont do drag either BT,
but knowing what the bike can do is a nice thing when one is bragging with his friends and peers... gives a ego boost
tounge.gif
So, I think I'll check out the times on the net....

Thanks a lot for all the info. Im going to talk to my importer tomorrow, and findout what are the modalities of importing one...! Will knock your door again if I need anymore info, hope you dont mind
smile.gif
... Your my 10R guru now
biggrin.gif
bowdown.gif
Whatever I can do for you, just let me know man.
beerchug.gif

wink.gif
The only other litre that comes close to the 10 in looks is the R1. At first I liked the R1 styling better but the 10 has grown on me more and I actually think it looks better. I would like a nice dual can undertail exhaust for the 10 though.
wink.gif
Please excuse my worthless post but that quote reminds me of when I buy a bike and bring it home, it almost automatically gets better looking in my garage. I've put that phenomenon to the test with a couple of eye-sores in my past. I guess it's some sort of a right of ownership. BTW, for what it's worth, I think the 10 is a great looking bike too.

wink.gif

wink.gif
wink.gif
Please excuse my worthless post but that quote reminds me of when I buy a bike and bring it home, it almost automatically gets better looking in my garage. I've put that phenomenon to the test with a couple of eye-sores in my past. I guess it's some sort of a right of ownership. BTW, for what it's worth, I think the 10 is a great looking bike too.
Yeah, funny how that works, huh?
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

as a new member to the group I would like to say hello. I have 3 bikes in my stable,97 vmax, 01 hayabusa, and my new zx-10r. I had my first hayabusa encounter on the 10 tuesday night. we did a roll from about 70 or so and at around the 150 mark on my speedo the busa went around me and just pulled away from there. after licking my wounds I have to accept the fact that the 10 will not pull a busa or a 12 for that matter on the big end. that said the 10 is a blast to ride around on compared to my heavier busa and vmax.

Saw the 05' all black R1 today and all I can say is ssssssssssssseeeeeeexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Definetly the nicest bike coming out of Japan IMO!

ALL liter bikes are great fun , I prefer this one, you that one . Lets go ride!
cool.gif

as a new member to the group I would like to say hello. I have 3 bikes in my stable,97 vmax, 01 hayabusa, and my new zx-10r. I had my first hayabusa encounter on the 10 tuesday night. we did a roll from about 70 or so and at around the 150 mark on my speedo the busa went around me and just pulled away from there. after licking my wounds I have to accept the fact that the 10 will not pull a busa or a 12 for that matter on the big end. that said the 10 is a blast to ride around on compared to my heavier busa and vmax.
Welcome to the board. Sounds about right on the run you done with the busa. Pretty much goes along with my impressions after riding both. The 10 is mean as Hell up to around 150-160 but I'd say from there on the busa seems like it would start pulling on the 10.

I guess I got too caught up in all the magazine hype on the HP numbers of the 10 so it was a little bit of a let down when it did not run quite as well or put up as good hp number as advertised.(149 stock on my 10 compared to my busa's 168 with pipe, pc, and small air box mod) I should have known they were using a ringer bike for the magazine tests, Kawasaki and yamaha have always been good at giving ringer bikes to the magazines. but again I still really like the 10 for it's overall abilities and it is a really sexy looking bike that gets a lot of compliments when I am out on the road. I cannot complain too much as I still have my busa to run around on.
super.gif

Back