advice please: might trade my turbo-10r for a genII

What to do?

• Total voters

ghost0211

Registered
So here I am looking to trade my turbo-10r for a gen II (or moded 14) or sell straight up for $10000. (as listed here Kawasaki ZX-10R turbo for trade )
I know, I know, I just scolded our member fungames for looking into an 2001 trade but that's for other reasons. My excuse is that my wife won't let me own two bikes and wiping the kawi slate clean w a genII will begin my splurging towards a RCC STG 1 ULTRA and head/valve work (long term goal: achieve 300+hp on 93 pump). And let's be real, the 14 is a beast but the R&D and the upgradeable market just doesn't compare let alone a gen 2 Zx14 is coming up due (which will prob be as ugly as it's transvestite donkey witch siblings)
My question for you guys out there in the market is considering my huge list of mods (see my craigslist add) and the power it puts down, what should I deem fair from my expectations? I'm seeing 08 busa's sell in the $9k area so I feel a straight up trade might be more likely than selling it for $10k obo due to the fact it's over 5yrs old HOWEVER packs more power than 90+% of the bikes on the road for only a fraction of the price.
What are your opinions, what should I consider "fair", what should i expect?

Last edited:
If you could get $10k I would go that route and then get a Busa. I would not do 14 because you want to go turbo. And there are soooooo much more equipment choices, expertise, and knowledge on turbo Busas.

Yea I've been pondering that idea more and more. Haven't really tried getting rid of it all that hard. I feel money wouldn't fit it's bill opposed to having another bike right there to fill it's void. You think I could get $10k for it?

Last edited:
So here I am looking to trade my turbo-10r for a gen II (or moded 14) or sell straight up for $10000. (as listed here Kawasaki ZX-10R turbo for trade )
I know, I know, I just scolded our member fungames for looking into an 2001 trade but that's for other reasons. My excuse is that my wife won't let me own two bikes and wiping the kawi slate clean w a genII will begin my splurging towards a RCC STG 1 ULTRA and head/valve work (long term goal: achieve 300+hp on 93 pump). And let's be real, the 14 is a beast but the R&D and the upgradeable market just doesn't compare let alone a gen 2 Zx14 is coming up due (which will prob be as ugly as it's transvestite donkey witch siblings)
My question for you guys out there in the market is considering my huge list of mods (see my craigslist add) and the power it puts down, what should I deem fair from my expectations? I'm seeing 08 busa's sell in the $9k area so I feel a straight up trade might be more likely than selling it for $10k obo due to the fact it's over 5yrs old HOWEVER packs more power than 90+% of the bikes on the road for only a fraction of the price.
What are your opinions, what should I consider "fair", what should i expect?

Ha my turn.....why would you turn to the dark side LOL. I'm kidding. Yes im a member of ZX-10r.net, yes my flies are out and I say try a trade with a private member so you get out of the taxes. Just think 10,000*7%=$700 still in your pocket. There are so many more options/parts with these bikes than our 10's or 14's.

Last edited:
Fungames, you hut the nail on the head, that's my true intention but like I said; I'll keep it!
A 430lb turbo liter bike is a whole other beast compared to a bigger boy. Who will trade, well I've already had some offers I'll put it that way. This Is an upgraded velocity has an external tial wastegate and bov along w a dual ball bearing turbo- it's looks are timeless and puts out more power than 90+% of the street bikes out there.

Fungames, you hut the nail on the head, that's my true intention but like I said; I'll keep it!
A 430lb turbo liter bike is a whole other beast compared to a bigger boy. Who will trade, well I've already had some offers I'll put it that way. This Is an upgraded velocity has an external tial wastegate and bov along w a dual ball bearing turbo- it's looks are timeless and puts out more power than 90+% of the street bikes out there.

When you say you have already had offers ?
Were these off the cuff in conversation or was he looking you in the eyes hoping for a yes cuz he was ready right then and there ?

I would sell it sep and then go buy other bike.
trading has too many factors for it to come out perfect.
You need to find right person, right bike , right area, right condition.blah blah blah.

Just sell it and go buy a new leftover GenII.

What I would do.

Haha how ironic, the new super streetbike cover should help first gen 10r sales as it's titled;"WIDOW-MAKER...zx-10r (2004)the nastiest sportbike ever built?"

Blancabusa- they were craigslist offers ranging from $8k cash to several somewhat built gen I busa's (02,03&06), a white zx14 and the traditional low balls.

I wish you luck, lots of it. I think your bike's worth 10k, but getting that is another story. Sadly most of us know you usually won't even come close to getting much money back out of a heavily modded bike.
Nothing used seems to be selling for much now either, it's a buyers market. My friend has a gray/black 08 Busa with full cf R-77 and 2700miles, and he's askin $8k obo, and nobody seems to want it, and it's perfect.
Hope it works out for ya.

I actually reposted it in the Philly section for a firm $9500 or trade. Had a couple serious bites already but the truth is my heart isn't w it- the thought of parting w "my works" just doesn't appeal. And the thought of having to own a NA big bike whether it's a 14 or a 08 bus kinda turns me of because I'm already familiar w their dosile yet speedy nature. My light flickable boosted 10r is a menacing machine that'll be missed. However, I've never experience 7psi on a busa...anyone care to persuade me?

Last edited:
cant help ya on the turbo feel....so honestly...cant give a fair response

I notice that your Craiglist posting has been removed so does that mean you have changed your mind? I have to wonder why you are going ahead with these listings offering the bike when you haven't made up your mind yet? If somebody comes to you with cash are you going to tell them you need to think about it some more?

Like Blanca said, the likelyhood of finding someone with a bike you want that also wants your bike and that has an equal value is very slim so I wouldn't count on the trade idea.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and remember you can always build another bike....you aren't stuck with your next choice for the rest of your days.

Last edited:
I notice that your Craiglist posting has been removed so does that mean you have changed your mind? I have to wonder why you are going ahead with these listings offering the bike when you haven't made up your mind yet? If somebody comes to you with cash are you going to tell them you need to think about it some more?

Like Blanca said, the likelyhood of finding someone with a bike you want that also wants your bike and that has an equal value is very slim so I wouldn't count on the trade idea.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and remember you can always build another bike....you aren't stuck with your next choice for the rest of your days.

heres the new listing
Kawasaki Turbo ZX-10R (willing to trade for zx14/08+busa)

i believe seeing cash in front of me might motivate me more than i think. youre right i can always build another bike.

trade it for a GEN 2 busa if thats an option. Just do the base spacer, and valves and put a billet ultra plenum on it and tune the bike through ECU editor and theres you intercooled 93 octane 300HP on 10-12lb bike all day long. No secondaries, no motor build ect.... I think the most effective way to get to 300HP for sure

trade it for a GEN 2 busa if thats an option. Just do the base spacer, and valves and put a billet ultra plenum on it and tune the bike through ECU editor and theres you intercooled 93 octane 300HP on 10-12lb bike all day long. No secondaries, no motor build ect.... I think the most effective way to get to 300HP for sure

right thatll most likely be the rout i travel in due time. how much are those new ultra stg 1 kits running...$8000?

Either stay firm at 10,000 or have the 2 bikes(best of both worlds)and sell/keep it in time.
More longevity with 2 bikes and flexability of use.
It took a 1 year & 1/2 to sell my bike(V-max) at a bit of a loss.I was getting desperate at times, and almost gave it away. Be patient!
I had 3 bikes at one point,02 turbo busa,custom show V-max,08 busa.
I got the 08 with 1600 miles a year ago, as I could not pass up the 8500 price tag.Finally sold the max and could put some money towards the turbo bike.
You also might consider a gen 1 trade down, to supplement the turbo build.Also easier bike to turbo.
A 2 bike garage is really the way to go,if do-able. My .02 good luck:beerchug::thumbsup:

Back