My 06' Gixxer is in.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
I have been wanting another ride on a Gixxer 1K for awhile...I rode an 05' for 3.5 hours and I loved it.

The Gixxer 1K has been on my mind for awhile because when I first flirted with the idea of getting one my dealer told me hed give me $10,100 for my Busa on a trade-in....that was @ 5500 miles.

Now I can get $9000 for it , still a good amount considering my Busa has 11,000 miles on it now and is due for its 4th rear tire.

Now a 10R is in the mix as well because I could take a Lime Green 05' 10R for $10K - $9K for my Busa = a pretty frickin good deal.

Welp I gotta head down to the dealer now and chat....i'll let you know what I decide.
smile.gif

Those bikes sure are sweet, but I wouldn't buy another one personally. Have you ever owned a liter bike or taken a few day riding trip on one? Down right sucks... The riding position is way too aggressive for me and the type of riding I do. I ride with mostly cruiser guys and rarely get into the twisties down here in florida. I got rid of mine and opted for a cruiser , until I started riding a busa regularly, I just have to have one... So much more comfortable that my gix 1k was... Just some food for thought, your riding style may be different and the 1k might be a better choice for you, but im sure some others on here can chime in and agree how riding them long distances will wear you out. either way, you'll have a great bike...
biggrin.gif

If I dont like it I can trade it in after next season....I would not call it a loss but rather some experience to chalk up.

Anyhow I pulled the trigger.
cool.gif

You pulled the trigger?? BV COME ON!!!!! WHAT DID YOU GET!!!
rock.gif
? YOU KNOW WE CANT WAIT!!!!
COME ON BRO!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I owned an 03 GSXR1000 prior to the 05 Busa I have now. I'm with AMong, the busa lets me stay in te saddle all day long were as an extended stint of over an hour on the gixxer would start getting rather uncomfortable. But it's all in what stlye of riding you pursue, for me it's about 50/50 highway and twisties and since I'm not all that aggressive in the canyons, the Busa fits my needs perfectly and comfortably. Would I buy another Busa? When and if they come out with a new upgraded version, I'll be first in line at the dealership here in town!

thats one SWEET bike !!i d be doing it myself but the wifes on the back of mine more than not. and she s getting old!!good luck and be safe i hear theyre pretty bad ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:firebrick'>SWEEET ! ! !</span></span>

beerchug.gif
cool.gif

Very nice choice BV
wink.gif
You won't be disappointed...I've seen them run at the track and they are wicked fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bentvalve... you couldnt have made a better color choice! that thing truly is bad ass ! Post up some pics when you get it! and TRY , thats right, TRY to keep that front wheel down on that beast !

Oh , you know damn well I will have pics.... 24hrs from now expect the whoring to begin.
laugh.gif

damn BV!! I can't wait for YOUR pics to come in. I'm tired of looking at Zook's pics. I wanna see REAL light and shadows fall onto that thing. For me, however, giving up the Busa for the 1K is a lil extreme but I will add one to the stable mainly for track days. My busa will be the daily commuter. And we expect a full riding report too.
cool.gif

Back