Funny quote from 10R review article...

I guess I got too caught up in all the magazine hype on the HP numbers of the 10 so it was a little bit of a let down when it did not run quite as well or put up as good hp number as advertised.(149 stock on my 10 compared to my busa's 168 with pipe, pc, and small air box mod) I should have known they were using a ringer bike for the magazine tests, Kawasaki and yamaha have always been good at giving ringer bikes to the magazines. but again I still really like the 10 for it's overall abilities and it is a really sexy looking bike that gets a lot of compliments when I am out on the road. I cannot complain too much as I still have my busa to run around on.
super.gif
Sounds like you've got the best of both worlds ... thanks for your comments and welcome to the board !!

I guess I got too caught up in all the magazine hype on the HP numbers of the 10 so it was a little bit of a let down when it did not run quite as well or put up as good hp number as advertised.(149 stock on my 10 compared to my busa's 168 with pipe, pc, and small air box mod) I should have known they were using a ringer bike for the magazine tests, Kawasaki and yamaha have always been good at giving ringer bikes to the magazines. but again I still really like the 10 for it's overall abilities and it is a really sexy looking bike that gets a lot of compliments when I am out on the road. I cannot complain too much as I still have my busa to run around on.
super.gif
So, ummm, what did the busa pull STOCK?
rock.gif
How did you break your 10 in? Just curious.

Saw the 05' all black R1 today and all I can say is ssssssssssssseeeeeeexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Definetly the nicest bike coming out of Japan IMO!
I'm itchin' to get my hands on one of the '05 Raven all black R6's myself. Thought about pickin' one up for track use... That's a pretty expensive track bike though... and it would push gettin' another busa further out on the time table. I dunno... the track is callin'... Even considered gettin' the R6 for track & twisties and sellin' the 10 to get a busa. The R6 feels so similar to the 10 that I'm confident I'd be comfortable on it for track & twisty duty and the busa could serve me well as a cruisin' bruiser.
wink.gif
I just love the 10 soooooooo dang much that sellin' it would be even harder than sellin' the busa was... not to mention the hosing I'd take on it.
drooling3.gif

This might be a little simpler: keep the 10 as a track bike, buy a Busa. The 10 is not much heavier than the R6, you're used to the throttle response, and if you ever yearn to ride the 10 on the street, a couple of "adjustments", voila, best of both worlds.

Just a thought......

This might be a little simpler: keep the 10 as a track bike, buy a Busa. The 10 is not much heavier than the R6, you're used to the throttle response, and if you ever yearn to ride the 10 on the street, a couple of "adjustments", voila, best of both worlds.

Just a thought......
Thought about that, too... I'm weighing all the options. Not in a big hurry either since it appears that any promotions I may be up for won't come about until at least July... I'm looking into some different types of businesses to start up that I could make some money on. Looking at a few different options. If any of those come through and really work out, the promotion thing may not matter anymore.
wink.gif

bullet, I did my break in fairly close to what was recommended by the factory. where I had my bikes dynoed I was told the best numbers they have seen from a stock 10 was mid 150s so mine was pretty close to the norm on the numbers this dyno was putting out. I only had around 1200 miles on my ten at the time of the dyno run so I may pick up a few more as the milage increases. I bought my busa used three years ago and it already had the pipe, pc, and airbox mod. I had a custom map made for it and that is when i got my dyno numbers for the busa.

I heard the lions knocking at my door concerning the Busa/litre decision. The Raven R1 still sits at the Yami dealer, teasing me with its "come ride me" stance. What that bike wasn't ready for was my first ride on the Busa. When I'm out riding, I can pretend that this machine was built around me and my riding style. This certainly isn't a statement on which bike is best. If we were all the same, there would be a "best". There is an answer for each of us, but we are very lonely in search of the answer. In a way, that makes it all the more fun, and all the more difficult at the same time. Enjoy the decision making process, and be in awe of the opportunity.

I have been watching this thread for a couple of days and decided not to comment on it and just read it. Well that didn't last long so here goes.

To the guys that have been slammin BT:
I agree that it does seem a bit strange to have a constant stream of 10R posts by BT on a Hayabusa site but he does have some unique perspectives into both machines. The bigger point though is that he has been around awhile, contributes to the site, and makes things interesting. You new guys have not done any of this so far. My guess is you are willing to say things on an internet thread that you would not in person and that you may be a little to protective of the Busa. May I suggest you redirect your anger towards Suzuki for being so arrogant about our lovely machines lasting dominance.

And to BT:
Quite trying to convince yourself that the 10R purchase is going to fix your Busa withdrawals. The first step in fixing any problem is to first admit that you have one. The more you type the more you must have a new 05' SE gun metal grey. And, so let it be written.
smile.gif

bullet, I did my break in fairly close to what was recommended by the factory. where I had my bikes dynoed I was told the best numbers they have seen from a stock 10 was mid 150s so mine was pretty close to the norm on the numbers this dyno was putting out. I only had around 1200 miles on my ten at the time of the dyno run so I may pick up a few more as the milage increases. I bought my busa used three years ago and it already had the pipe, pc, and airbox mod. I had a custom map made for it and that is when i got my dyno numbers for the busa.
I talked with a racer that ran a 10 in '04 and he said he saw an 8 hp gain after an initial HARD break-in on the track. Some say they have seen more... I broke mine in HARD and although I've never dyno'dit, it doesn't feel down on power at all compared to the busa.

I HIGHLY suspect that the reason the busa seems to me like it pulls harder above 150-160 is actually due to aerodynamics. It doesn't really feel like a lack of power, it feels like more wind drag on both me and the bike. The busa, with a Double Bubble screen was like a frickin' arrow zipping through the breeze. It felt like it split the air smoothly at speed. The 10 isn't so "slippery" doin' the big numbers...
rock.gif

And to BT:
Quite trying to convince yourself that the 10R purchase is going to fix your Busa withdrawals. The first step in fixing any problem is to first admit that you have one. The more you type the more you must have a new 05' SE gun metal grey. And, so let it be written.
smile.gif
I figure you're pretty much kidding, but just in case you're not... Dude, I honestly couldn't be happier with the 10. I want another busa but only for two reasons. #1 is that I still think it's the sexiest mofo on the planet. I've always loved the styling of the busa. I knew I had to have one from the moment I saw the first two I ever laid eyes on. #2 is that I am dead set on hitting a verified 200 MPH on a bike in my lifetime and there's no better bike to start with in achieving that goal. As far as enjoyment and comfort for me in doing the type of riding I do, the 10 is an absolute godsend. I'm guessing that when I finally get a busa as a second bike I will ride the 10 at least three to one over it. That's to say I'd likely put 3000 miles on the 10 for every 1k on the busa, if not more.

It's not that I think the busa is inferior, or a lesser bike. It's just that the 10 is so dang sweet for the kind of riding I enjoy the most and it fits me better. It's more comfortable for me during longer rides and lots of twisties.
wink.gif

Please understand that I'm not trying to convince anyone that the 10 is a better bike or that the busa is not as good of a bike. I'm just makin' it clear that I really am as happy as I say I am with the 10. I was not this happy with a busa as my only bike. I'd honestly not want to go back into the situation of only having a busa. God knows I miss Train, and that I really, REALLY do want another busa in a bad way. It's just that as awesome as they are, they're just not my idea of the perfect bike for me in every aspect. I know that's hard to understand for people that see the busa as the perfect bike but it's true.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Please understand that I'm not trying to convince anyone that the 10 is a better bike or that the busa is not as good of a bike. I'm just makin' it clear that I really am as happy as I say I am with the 10. I was not this happy with a busa as my only bike. I'd honestly not want to go back into the situation of only having a busa. God knows I miss Train, and that I really, REALLY do want another busa in a bad way. It's just that as awesome as they are, they're just not my idea of the perfect bike for me in every aspect. I know that's hard to understand for people that see the busa as the perfect bike but it's true.
wink.gif
It's hard for some not to get defensive, but this subject is hardly more arguable than religion oor politics. Your last sentence illustrates the point I was trying to make with my well intioned but poorly written post. There is no "best or perfect bike", regardless of how hard the cycle magazines and manufacturers try to tell us there is. We are all very different not only in our riding styles but in physical size and in our styling preferences. Given the lack of bikes available for test rides, this makes the search for the right bike difficult and expensive.

Okay jesus this has turned into a 3 page thread so far when it should have been stopped after one reply but here is how I see it. I read this website for MONTHS before I actually joined as a member and when I first saw BT posting all that crap about the ZX10 I used to think the same thing......like why does this guy keep hanging around on the busa site why not go find a Kawi place to chat? I thought he was just trying to rub it in our faces to. BUT....rather than be an ####### about it I read a lot more of his posts. I saw countless times someone was new on here he helped them solve problems, gave his honest opinions, and was one of the first people to make a new person feel welcome here. Then I realized maybe I judged too quickly. And after a while I realized it's kinda nice to have someone with a litre bike or two around here. It gives us a way to get first hand info on what the competition is doing. And honestly man everyone around here tends to get worked up when someone starts talking about something other than the busa. People are different. If BT likes his zx10 so good I am happy for him but I LOVE my baby busa and wouldn't sell it for all the tea in China. If the whole world rode busas I'd be pissed. I wish more poeple would buy litre bikes cuz the busa used to be a bike that you NEVER saw anywhere it was like seeing a Viper drive down the street....exotic and rare. Thats what I loved. Now it's the target of a lot of teenage squids with too much trust fund money trying to kill themselves on just to look cool. Not EVERY case cuz there are some awesome ass riders here but I have seen it first hand around where I live. But to make this short Train you earned my respect and would ride with you and your zx10 anytime and everyone just ride what turns YOU on. If you are happy with what you ride FUG what other people got to say. Deep down we are all brothers in the sport of motorcycling. The only thing we all need to worry about is keeping the rubber side down.

Thanks, shenoyp. How are the roads in India? Are there a lot of good twisty roads? Very well put, busa boy. BT was one of the first to greet me as he does for most of the newbies. You're absolutely correct, BT is an asset to this forum annd I join the many members that are glad he continues to post here.

wink.gif
It's hard for some not to get defensive, but this subject is hardly more arguable than religion oor politics. Your last sentence illustrates the point I was trying to make with my well intioned but poorly written post. There is no "best or perfect bike", regardless of how hard the cycle magazines and manufacturers try to tell us there is. We are all very different not only in our riding styles but in physical size and in our styling preferences. Given the lack of bikes available for test rides, this makes the search for the right bike difficult and expensive.
Yeah, well said Red.
wink.gif
I got it the first time you posted it. That's how I feel as well.
beerchug.gif

wink.gif

Back