Trailer mod "tool time with Hal"

My trailer only has 1/8" luan for the sides. So anything I mount is either directly to the metal uprights or I will take a "one-by" and span several uprights...then I can mount stuff using wood screws to the one-by stock.

You can see I did that with the helmet/gear racks:

View attachment 176206

Omar is right on. Mine are attached to the metal studs with hex head screws about 1/2" long so they will not penatrate the aluminum siding. My units are NOT predrilled for mounting as there are many different stud spacings. For the most part, the caddys will hold alot of weight. How much weight you can put in them will depend on the strength of the wall you hang them on. I do recommend however, if your using the single caddy for the 5 gal. plastic jug, that it is installed on the trailer floor.

Powdercoating? Now you got me! lol

I have access to a FULL sheet metal shop at work and there is alot of time spent making these. For those who are planning on buying one these from GSXcite it is well worth the money believe me and they work GREAT!

Thanks BY1. You did a great job on yours. They do work great. They keep your gear secure and organized, plus they display your cool looking gear in your trailer or garage. :thumbsup:

hey Hal, hows the helmet storage coming along? Gotta item/price list you can throw together in another thread so we can all find your cool stuff? :thumbsup:

Back