Trailer mod "tool time with Hal"

the oil caddy... is that for quarts or ? Also any plans to do something that will hold say a 5gal gas can? Just thinking for dirt bikes or even remote sites/sag wagon with road bikes might be cool to have an extra thing of gas or two :thumbsup:

the oil caddy... is that for quarts or ? Also any plans to do something that will hold say a 5gal gas can? Just thinking for dirt bikes or even remote sites/sag wagon with road bikes might be cool to have an extra thing of gas or two :thumbsup:

Yes Brian, the oil caddy will fit plastic quarts side by side. I have a nice 5 Gal plastic jug that fits the boot caddy single perfect. The jugs are $35 and are great quality.

Brian, here is the boot caddy in the position to hold the 5 gal. jug I offer, with the jug in place.

100_0938.jpg

100_0939.jpg

I really need to get a place of my own. So I can just have a place to work on my bike and not have to worry about someone messing things up. Also so I have a place to keep a nice trailer that will haul my 'Busa and be able to do mods like this to it. Everyone on here has tons of great ideas!!!:beerchug::thumbsup:

Great job!!! Thanks for the ideas!!!!:beerchug:

I have a full sheet metal shop at work and spent 2 days this week making my boot holders and spray can holders (holds 8 cans). Stll have to make a spark plug holder and an oil (quart) holder.

Had to make my boot holders a little bigger due to the fact that I wear a size 13.

Have any more ideas?

Great job!!! Thanks for the ideas!!!!:beerchug:

I have a full sheet metal shop at work and spent 2 days this week making my boot holders and spray can holders (holds 8 cans). Stll have to make a spark plug holder and an oil (quart) holder.

Had to make my boot holders a little bigger due to the fact that I wear a size 13.

Have any more ideas?
I'm working on several things right now. I would love to see your finished project.:thumbsup:

Heres 1 completed can holder and 1 almost ready boot holder (still need to scuff,prime,paint and rivet together) the width on this boot holder is 12". I have another one I made at 10 1/2" wide. The 12" wide one I'm gonna use for my motocross boots and the 10 1/2" for my road boots.

Will post more pics when finished.

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

Nice job BY1! It's fun making stuff for your trailer. For those of you who may not have the tools or skill to build your own, I will have product back from the powdercoat process in about a week. I will still honor the special pricing I offered to org members, even though my cost has gone up due to the powdercoating.:thumbsup:

I'm gonna have my order ready shortly :thumbsup: Taxman is giving me some cash back this year so I'll be investing a little into my toys :whistle:

How do you attach it to the side of the trailer? I'm concerned with the depth of screws and stability of the weight... got some pointers? :beerchug:

My trailer only has 1/8" luan for the sides. So anything I mount is either directly to the metal uprights or I will take a "one-by" and span several uprights...then I can mount stuff using wood screws to the one-by stock.

You can see I did that with the helmet/gear racks:

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job BY1! It's fun making stuff for your trailer. For those of you who may not have the tools or skill to build your own, I will have product back from the powdercoat process in about a week. I will still honor the special pricing I offered to org members, even though my cost has gone up due to the powdercoating.:thumbsup:

Powdercoating? Now you got me! lol

I have access to a FULL sheet metal shop at work and there is alot of time spent making these. For those who are planning on buying one these from GSXcite it is well worth the money believe me and they work GREAT!

cool, thanks Omar. How are you bolting the 1by's into the trailer? through the wall? ???

Back