Traction control changes with hot tires?

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, I help run a Facebook group for the Healtech AR Assistant which is a traction and wheelie control system that can be added to almost any bike.

A lot of our guys are European road racers. Several of them have mentioned that the ARA system loses some effectiveness when the tires heat up due, probably, to changing tire circumference (one of the main setup parameters). I'm wondering if the Gen 3 busas have this issue. If not, why not? Do they use a different concept?

Any thoughts appreciated!

I never noticed a difference when I had either of them on, but I will say my experience is strictly straight line stuff. I made plenty of pills with a coldish tire and the front end strapped stock arm and +2 arm.

If anything with the tire cold the wheelie control was more intrusive than the TC which I never understood because my forks and shock are rock solid when strapped down and the front wheel never came off the ground with TC/WC on or off.

physics again

why the heck use the round track racers tire heatings before the race starts ?
(cars the same)

easy answer - a cold tire has no or less grip than a "hot" one

so if the tire is cold the "Healtech AR Assistant" (the traction control)
has to do a lot more than at hot tires .

thats what i guess ;)

physics again

why the heck use the round track racers tire heatings before the race starts ?
(cars the same)

easy answer - a cold tire has no or less grip than a "hot" one

so if the tire is cold the "Healtech AR Assistant" (the traction control)
has to do a lot more than at hot tires .

thats what i guess ;)
I don't think it's that simple. They're reporting that they're still getting tire slip when hot but less ARA intervention.

The system is said to not work properly if there's more than a 20% difference in wheel speed between front and rear. The setup involves inputting tire circumference and number of teeth on the wheel speed sensors. It seems like the tires are heating at different rates and as the pressure rises the circumference increases. Possibly this is making the difference go over the 20%, mark. Circumference is measured in mm so makes sense to me.

Just wondering if the gen 3 traction control works the same way.

Hey guys, I help run a Facebook group for the Healtech AR Assistant which is a traction and wheelie control system that can be added to almost any bike.

A lot of our guys are European road racers. Several of them have mentioned that the ARA system loses some effectiveness when the tires heat up due, probably, to changing tire circumference (one of the main setup parameters). I'm wondering if the Gen 3 busas have this issue. If not, why not? Do they use a different concept?

Any thoughts appreciated!
Just got the HT AR , Birthday Gift
Is this the FB Group Page you been running as a moderator ?

Won’t traction control still allow some slip? I believe the Aprilia system does. Only cuts in after some slide to keep you from high siding?

433447508_25452959810968998_4423541058445125103_n (2).jpg

My Birthday gift from my M8 HealTech Dealer and Putoline POS , His own ABS Standalone system (got it already on my Y2000 since spring 2023)

Back